• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug bad lag spikes on Survival

Hello, I am making this because the lag spikes on survival are plain bad, on my understanding, the servers are still on version 1.8, if that is the case, then I bet that's the problem, outdated servers don't work well with up to date people, like right now, I think what can fix it is updating the server, don't you think? if you never tried that, that may help, just about there to all people probably have 1.9+ anyways

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hello, I am making this because the lag spikes on survival are plain bad, on my understanding, the servers are still on version 1.8, if that is the case, then I bet that's the problem, outdated servers don't work well with up to date people, like right now, I think what can fix it is updating the server, don't you think? if you never tried that, that may help, just about there to all people probably have 1.9+ anyways
Outdated servers are rarely the cause, however we are making an update to 1.9 in the next few weeks with some big releases. There isnt a simple update method to 1.9 - it requires a lot of plugins to update.

The lag spikes, I believe, are due to MythicMobs churning too many entities. We're working with the developers.

Hurundum

Dirt
Its just overall a horrible minecraft version update.

Totally killing the PvP aspect and adding some new really uneccesary stuff. All the servers seems to think that upgrading to 1.9 is the best idea.

Ive left a few servers ive played alot on just because of that alone that how much i dislike it

I don't know how you guys will be able to work around the new combat mechanic in 1.9. I haven't updated my servers because of that.

KLuebbert

TNT
Too be quite honest, to have a server stuck on one version would hurt its popularity. Minecraft will continue to update, and speaking of which, there's already a snapshot in the horizon for 1.10. Herocraft has to update, or it will be stuck in time, with new content never being added. I have heard rumors of these plugins that are being worked on, such as some 'jitter click' plugin which may negate the 'slow' combat that people have been complaining of recently. Do not panic, from my experience, Herocraft continues on making good decisions, which further improves the quality of the server. Such as the entire improved dungeon system, and introduction to quests.

But, I would like to add, the lag has been getting worse. It's sending me into limbo every 5 minutes, to where I'm afraid to fight anything in dungeons because I keep getting kicked in the middle of the fight. So I hope this issue gets resolved, it's making my friends leave, and I'm desperately trying to keep them interested, and assuring them the lag is only temporary.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Too be quite honest, to have a server stuck on one version would hurt its popularity. Minecraft will continue to update, and speaking of which, there's already a snapshot in the horizon for 1.10. Herocraft has to update, or it will be stuck in time, with new content never being added. I have heard rumors of these plugins that are being worked on, such as some 'jitter click' plugin which may negate the 'slow' combat that people have been complaining of recently. Do not panic, from my experience, Herocraft continues on making good decisions, which further improves the quality of the server. Such as the entire improved dungeon system, and introduction to quests.

But, I would like to add, the lag has been getting worse. It's sending me into limbo every 5 minutes, to where I'm afraid to fight anything in dungeons because I keep getting kicked in the middle of the fight. So I hope this issue gets resolved, it's making my friends leave, and I'm desperately trying to keep them interested, and assuring them the lag is only temporary.
Still looking into these lag issues. Thanks! The update to 1.9 I believe will solve numerous of the complaints but it is a very hard update to push and im working on it.

IronAegis

Legacy Supporter 4

Have you tried installing the herocraft mod pack on technic?

KLuebbert

TNT
I only play on the modpack (Screw you spelling check! No mudpack!), otherwise it's simply too hard

Also, with regards to the topic of immense lag, the heat seeking missile causing a giant ball of smoke and fire causing huge firework particle effects to shoot from your player is very intense, and causes lag spikes if you have particles enabled... It needs to be fixed - Again... >.<

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I only play on the modpack (Screw you spelling check! No mudpack!), otherwise it's simply too hard

Also, with regards to the topic of immense lag, the heat seeking missile causing a giant ball of smoke and fire causing huge firework particle effects to shoot from your player is very intense, and causes lag spikes if you have particles enabled... It needs to be fixed - Again... >.<

I will fix the spell 'Heat Seeking Missile', were there any others?