• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Backpack upgrade - Crate keys

Graink

Portal
As of right now, the maximum size for the command /backpack upgrade is 36 slot backpacks. I'm assuming this is a bug, and I'll explain my story in the following paragraph.

I decided to purchase a backpack the other day, and luckily, I won an upgrade through crate keys I purchased shortly after. The upgrade was an 18 slot, which would have put me at a 54 (actual max) sized back pack. When I used the command to /upgrade, it sent me a message saying "[Backpack] You already have the maximum size for a backpack allowed!". This isn't right to my knowledge, and I was hoping it could be looked into. It's no rush! I'm still thankful and very happy with my current size backpack, but seeing as how I paid for this feature, it would be nice to be able to use it :)

Thank you for reading! I hope it gets solved soon. I know there were a few other players who had this problem too, although I don't remember exactly who they were.

Graink

Portal
So you can and will win things you already have that are 1 time deals? I've also won /pet name when I already had that.

Graink

Portal
That's a pretty flawed system.. It's like winning a lottery twice, but they say "You've already won 1000$, so this next 5$ win is already included in that 1000$ one".

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
That's a pretty flawed system.. It's like winning a lottery twice, but they say "You've already won 1000$, so this next 5$ win is already included in that 1000$ one".
It keeps people from winning rare ones.
In theory you could win Tier up and then Max Tier if you couldn't get dupes.
Each crate is it's own chance and rewards can be given multiple times to keep the rare ones rare.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
It keeps people from winning rare ones.
In theory you could win Tier up and then Max Tier if you couldn't get dupes.
Each crate is it's own chance and rewards can be given multiple times to keep the rare ones rare.
Not to even mention recoding the system. Right now it's nice and simple: Grab random from crate's table, grab random consolation.
Storing won prizes would be a huge pain that'd be inaccurate, and since not all prizes are perms we can't just check if the player already has it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I added Orb of Tiny Sacks, so Backpack 9's can be traded. Going to remove pet-naming from crate 3's so its not a chance to obtain.

Note that each crate has two prizes being fired off.

A consolation prize (Which in crate 3's can be a catalyst and the rewards that can be backpacks, titles, etc.

The only real fix for this is making all the stuff tradable, but that would have a drastic hit on the market, I think... Since it's a gambling item, there's risk involved, and receiving the same thing twice is part of a loss (but you usually get a consolation!)