• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Axe Durability when fighting

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
[USERGROUP=9]@Admins[/USERGROUP] @Kainzo cant you just make it to where the lore drops get unb 10 and then when a smith makes an axe its automatically get some form of unb enchant just so it can be equivalent to the other tools?? just an idea for a quick fix till ya'll find something better
It's possible but low priority atm - if you know how to code, get with me and we'll try something out.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
It's possible but low priority atm - if you know how to code, get with me and we'll try something out.
That's a bad method of handling that it would mean enchanters can't enchant axes from smiths. Honestly it would better to create a skill called Temper blade or something of the sort that would apply the unbreaking to the item you're holding.

TonyDaChivalrous

Legacy Supporter 1
That's a bad method of handling that it would mean enchanters can't enchant axes from smiths. Honestly it would better to create a skill called Temper blade or something of the sort that would apply the unbreaking to the item you're holding.
i thought of that too but the problem is (unless you limited it or made it a high skill) people would use that to put it on everything and it would kinda ruin the game/server, just having it for one base item like an axe for instance wouldn't be bad though, but dont make it to where they could just do it for what ever they are hold, the class that only needs it really is zerk cause axes are their main weapon and @Kainzo im sorry but i honestly dont know how to code, i can come up with the ideas but i dont know exactly how to make them work (codeing), if i find someone that does i will let you know and sir if you need any ideas or anything just ask, ill try to help any way i can just pm me or something

what777

Max Legacy Supporter

Give the skill to lvl 60 smiths, have it only work on axes and require a diamond maybe. We need more use for diamonds, this will add a use for them.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Give the skill to lvl 60 smiths, have it only work on axes and require a diamond maybe. We need more use for diamonds, this will add a use for them.
Why not shovels?
They would have the same issue as axes
i thought of that too but the problem is (unless you limited it or made it a high skill) people would use that to put it on everything and it would kinda ruin the game/server, just having it for one base item like an axe for instance wouldn't be bad though, but dont make it to where they could just do it for what ever they are hold, the class that only needs it really is zerk cause axes are their main weapon and @Kainzo im sorry but i honestly dont know how to code, i can come up with the ideas but i dont know exactly how to make them work (codeing), if i find someone that does i will let you know and sir if you need any ideas or anything just ask, ill try to help any way i can just pm me or something
I didn't mean on literally any item just the ones we would be doing this for and of course it would only work on un-enchanted items.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Why not shovels?
They would have the same issue as axes

I didn't mean on literally any item just the ones we would be doing this for and of course it would only work on un-enchanted items.

Shovels cost only 1 diamond to make.

Also from a lore perspective, in my history classes I was always thought spears were used and replaced often, because they were not durable.

I wouldn't mind shovels getting unbreaking though.

Last edited:

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
This is some really backwards thinking I'm seeing in this thread.

It's so god damn easy to get Diamonds on HC, and always has been. Now that enchants are running rampant more than ever, and your items never actually drop, there is no reason for you to be scarce on supplies. Axe durability and shovel durability should not be modified. If anything, sword durability should be lessened. You guys get way too much bang for your buck.

And despite what Kainzo has stated, there are ways to modify the durability, and the soulbound plugin that he uses does just that...

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
2 things

1.I got a great axe of slaughter that was diamond unbreaking 3 sharpness 10. so i dont know where this 'all drops are gold' thing is coming from

2. delf, over a month into the map I had less than a stack of total diamonds, and it was less than half a stack when I was a class that relied on Axes and swords. This aint bastion son, I had a hell of a time finding diamonds

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
2 things

1.I got a great axe of slaughter that was diamond unbreaking 3 sharpness 10. so i dont know where this 'all drops are gold' thing is coming from

2. delf, over a month into the map I had less than a stack of total diamonds, and it was less than half a stack when I was a class that relied on Axes and swords. This aint bastion son, I had a hell of a time finding diamonds
Seems hard to believe. Are there no diamonds on any of the maps, or are people just not mining?

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
There's no fortune pickaxes anymore, but diamonds are still easy enough to get.
The only thing that I can actually see being a hindrance to diamond mining is the fact that you need a specific class to craft you a pickaxe.

Or is that not the case for tools? I heard that you needed a smith for weapons, but was unsure about tools.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
The only thing that I can actually see being a hindrance to diamond mining is the fact that you need a specific class to craft you a pickaxe.

Or is that not the case for tools? I heard that you needed a smith for weapons, but was unsure about tools.

Only smiths can craft pickaxes, swords, axes, armor, etc. Basically if you want to craft stuff you have to be a smith.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
only smiths can craft diamond tools

i dunno delf, diamonds have just seemed harder to get since haven. i mined pretty hard and if i was lucky i'd end the trip with 4-8 diamonds, a few of which i would have to use to repair my pick

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
2 things

This thread is quite old, when it was made, all rare weapons (other than swords for some reason) were made of gold.

TonyDaChivalrous

Legacy Supporter 1
This is some really backwards thinking I'm seeing in this thread.

It's so god damn easy to get Diamonds on HC, and always has been. Now that enchants are running rampant more than ever, and your items never actually drop, there is no reason for you to be scarce on supplies. Axe durability and shovel durability should not be modified. If anything, sword durability should be lessened. You guys get way too much bang for your buck.

And despite what Kainzo has stated, there are ways to modify the durability, and the soulbound plugin that he uses does just that...

here's the deal, if i spend 5 hours getting diamonds for my axes/pickaxes by mining, i would like to be able you use it for more then a half an hour be fore it breaks, i dont mine for 5 hours just to find enough diamonds to make a new pick and make a new axe just for it to break a half- hour after i use it

RagingDragon5

Portal
here's the deal, if i spend 5 hours getting diamonds for my axes/pickaxes by mining, i would like to be able you use it for more then a half an hour be fore it breaks, i dont mine for 5 hours just to find enough diamonds to make a new pick and make a new axe just for it to break a half- hour after i use it
5 hours of mining should honestly give you about 4-5 stacks of diamonds. I would suggest strip mining at Y10-12 to find you diamonds
There's no fortune pickaxes anymore, but diamonds are still easy enough to get.
You can still acquire fortune pickaxes through the symbols of acquisitions

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
5 hours of mining should honestly give you about 4-5 stacks of diamonds. I would suggest strip mining at Y10-12 to find you diamonds

You can still acquire fortune pickaxes through the symbols of acquisitions

Only fortune 1 though, instead of the fortune 4 we used to have.

it significantly lowers the amount of diamonds in the economy.

RagingDragon5

Portal
Only fortune 1 though, instead of the fortune 4 we used to have.

it significantly lowers the amount of diamonds in the economy.

Fortune 4 were only obtainable through the Great Piackaxe of Notch. This was removed? If so I never knew, and when was it removed?