• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIzzirgrizzIV

Glowing Redstone
Being a old member of this server and of heroes plugin I usually seem to notice when something goes wrong. Right now I can see the server is getting awesome (no offense) this is my favorite server and I don't know why people leave. But I do know what could make people stay or come back :)

- Events : every time the server hosts any type ofevent the server seems to be soo full it makes me lag anywhere. If events gather so much people all at once why not do them once a week with small rewards like spleef or pvp events or mob events anything that gathers people together

- 2 . Make raiding easier . I've been raiding sooo much these couple days but every time I get nothing. You kill someone and they keep their armor and their most wanted thing in their hand (which is pretty much something the killer would want to get) . Residence plots you can't even open a door in them but u can in towns. Also towns shouldn't be allowed to have such boxy buildings were raiders can't even use aoe on the player . And my last suggestion is just when in pvp u shouldn't be allowed to open doors because people just run to their private plot that we can't even open doors to.

Sincerely , vizzy

(No offense to any staff was meant in this post)

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
Being a old member of this server and of heroes plugin I usually seem to notice when something goes wrong. Right now I can see the server is getting awesome (no offense) this is my favorite server and I don't know why people leave. But I do know what could make people stay or come back :)

- Events : every time the server hosts any type ofevent the server seems to be soo full it makes me lag anywhere. If events gather so much people all at once why not do them once a week with small rewards like spleef or pvp events or mob events anything that gathers people together

- 2 . Make raiding easier . I've been raiding sooo much these couple days but every time I get nothing. You kill someone and they keep their armor and their most wanted thing in their hand (which is pretty much something the killer would want to get) . Residence plots you can't even open a door in them but u can in towns. Also towns shouldn't be allowed to have such boxy buildings were raiders can't even use aoe on the player . And my last suggestion is just when in pvp u shouldn't be allowed to open doors because people just run to their private plot that we can't even open doors to.

Sincerely , vizzy

(No offense to any staff was meant in this post)
Many people leave because they eventually get bored of doing the same thing.. It may also be because of Minecraft slowly going out of fashion since old players will be getting bored of Minecraft in general.

I am led to believe that events will start being planned when the event server is imported, but with Kain busy moving we are not sure when this will be.

In your second suggestion it would be pretty hard to control the 'not being able to use doors in a res' when in PvP because players will find ways to bypass it using ICs and gates/bridges..

Last edited:

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Many people leave because they eventually get board of doing the same thing.. It may also to do with Minecraft slowly going out of fashion since old players will be getting bored of Minecraft in general.
I wouldn't say that one is true if you read the forum posts consistently from the "MINORITY" of the the server

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Could be because it's in the middle of holiday season and lots of people, such as myself, are travelling in different countries unable to play.

Ruger392

Obsidian
Could be because it's in the middle of holiday season and lots of people, such as myself, are travelling in different countries unable to play.
It isnt server is getting boring nothing new, and on the pvp server there really isnt any pvp because raiding is dead since residence are to hard to get into or raid, and towns just build domes and ugly walls and nothing is done

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
I wouldn't say that one is true if you read the forum posts consistently from the "MINORITY" of the the server

Weewoo tell your people to come back we need PvP.

Honestly this Map people have grown irritated with some of the changes, such as party limits of 5, this restricts fights to smaller boring things that end very fast compared to the old 10 vs 10's. The party limit of 5 wasn't really an issue until they turned townie PvP on, that pretty much killed big team fights. Clan member PvP being turned on was another irritating change. Those are some examples. Lets be honest though PvP is what keeps people playing when it's gone people leave, some people will say not everyone is here for the PvP, that is true, but more then half the server is here for the PvP,if there's no PvP people start leaving. I agree with @VIzzirgrizzIV we need tourneys every 2 weeks or so to get people to want to play again.

Next to help the server would be to make some popular changes based around what the community sees as a good change, such as 10 party limit, adding Samuari, fixing/balancing certain classes such as Ninja, Dragoon, Paladin, etc. These things make people want to keep playing.

Last edited:

VIzzirgrizzIV

Glowing Redstone
Truuu werwew come back we needz da pvp there's only like 2 pvp crews that actually pvp now and they suck.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Next to help the server would be to make some popular changes based around what the community sees as a good change, such as 10 party limit.
It's already been shown that the only thing a party limit does is set how many healers a group needs. So long as it's not less than 2, it really doesn't matter. No matter what, groups smaller than the X limit will be in one party and groups larger will be in Y amounts. Doesn't matter if it's a size of 2, 5, 10 or 20.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Why blame it on party size? One of the problems is that instead of many small PvP communities, there are only a few huge groups with a bunch of PvPers each. It really limits who can kill who, and stagnates PvP into X vs. Y vs. Z. Always the same people fighting each other.

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
It's already been shown that the only thing a party limit does is set how many healers a group needs. So long as it's not less than 2, it really doesn't matter. No matter what, groups smaller than the X limit will be in one party and groups larger will be in Y amounts. Doesn't matter if it's a size of 2, 5, 10 or 20.

This is true, but its really dumb when you have lets say 6 people online and you have to sit someone out, that makes it not fun for people. You can bring them, but they will do more harm then good for your team. Regarding healer amounts in a party you can bring as many Clerics as you want to a fight, they don't need to be in a party to heal, it just helps with showing party member hp's, all of their heals except for 2 are all targeted, call out you need a heal and boom heal. I have fought team fights where people have brought extra people including a cleric.

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
Why blame it on party size? One of the problems is that instead of many small PvP communities, there are only a few huge groups with a bunch of PvPers each. It really limits who can kill who, and stagnates PvP into X vs. Y vs. Z. Always the same people fighting each other.

Anyone can make one, all of these teams started some where with just a few people. If people want to make a group and fight then I encourage them to do so. This is also why people want the party limit increased big groups have a lot of people therefore they need more party room space. It's stupid to have to sit people out when they want to have fun too.

VIzzirgrizzIV

Glowing Redstone
actually midgard is barely on , uk is never on , and providence only has like 2 ppl on . Dirt box is the only thing left on this aegis planet. Lets all unite and make this server a better place. Everyone come back and have 5v5 all day. <--- resolves every problem.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
This is true, but its really dumb when you have lets say 6 people online and you have to sit someone out, that makes it not fun for people. You can bring them, but they will do more harm then good for your team. Regarding healer amounts in a party you can bring as many Clerics as you want to a fight, they don't need to be in a party to heal, it just helps with showing party member hp's, all of their heals except for 2 are all targeted, call out you need a heal and boom heal. I have fought team fights where people have brought extra people including a cleric.
If party size is 10...

This is true, but its really dumb when you have lets say 11 people online and you have to sit someone out, that makes it not fun for people. You can bring them, but they will do more harm then good for your team. Regarding healer amounts in a party you can bring as many Clerics as you want to a fight, they don't need to be in a party to heal, it just helps with showing party member hp's, all of their heals except for 2 are all targeted, call out you need a heal and boom heal. I have fought team fights where people have brought extra people including a cleric

Oudaiesty

Legacy Supporter 6
In general the experience is just lacking after a certain point. I went from madly enthused in the beginning of the map, to meh. After we ran out of goals to shoot for I became exhausted having to force goals upon myself as a player to keep interested. Pvp is important, but even then people will still grow weary if the foundation is shakey. I love minecraft and I love herocraft too, But it seems as though the path has become somewhat difficult to pave.

I don't really believe that its anyones fault, it's just that things like this need to have massive amounts of content pumped into them to make them 5 year games, and then after that even more so to hit the next 5 years. In other words I agree with @STDs4YouAnd4Me

He laid out a hefty list of issues and I feel that because it rests on top of something that isn't yours, its much more difficult to make it yours.

When I saw this server I could see the vision and it was awesome.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Appreciate the users who explained intelligently the things they believe are issues. Due to harassment and spamming we'll be locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.