• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Attributes Auto-Reset

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
Hi there,

when I logged on today I voted for the server and got a lvl up because of the voting exp bonus (lvl up from Lost Soul lvl 8 to 9). Suddenly I saw that I received 64 allocation points, in the chat. I doubt that it could be right, so I checked the /book.
All my attributes were reset back to 3, and I had all my allocation points back together, I guess, because I remember not having 64 yesterday.
I did check if I accidentally reset them myself manually via the /attribute box, but that was not the case, because that'd cost 100 souls, and I still had all my /money together, as I checked.
I asked in /help chat, but the only response was that it'd be a bug, meaning, it did apparently not happen to others, yet.

Now it's not like that it's an unacceptable issue.
I used the chat commands to get the attributes back to the level I set prior. But a bug is a bug and therefore I thought I'd report it.

Maybe it's possible to check out the log files or something like that, maybe I did accidentally do something but can't remember, however.

Check it out

Leeness

Legacy Supporter 7
Did you see the message "You have spent more allocation points than normally allowed for the <classname> class, and have had the allocated attributes reset for that class!"?
Either way, there are some measures in place to make sure points are allocated correctly. Perhaps something you did triggered this message. I.e - allocating an amount of points to an attribute that is over your current amount of points.

The message above would trigger and reset your attributes. Perhaps it did happen unexpectedly and it could be a bug, but my guess is that you went over a specific limit and it reset the attributes for you.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
Did you see the message "You have spent more allocation points than normally allowed for the <classname> class, and have had the allocated attributes reset for that class!"?
Either way, there are some measures in place to make sure points are allocated correctly. Perhaps something you did triggered this message. I.e - allocating an amount of points to an attribute that is over your current amount of points.

The message above would trigger and reset your attributes. Perhaps it did happen unexpectedly and it could be a bug, but my guess is that you went over a specific limit and it reset the attributes for you.

I remember that I've been having problems, especially at the beginning, with the /attributes box. Because it doesn't show you how many allocation points you need to increase a stat, and the points required increase the higher your stat becomes. So I did figure, but eventually stumbled upon the /attribute add xxxx # command, which I do prefer using since then.
If your's is a possible explanation for the reset, it might've really happened like that. Because I remembered figuring much with the buttons in the box, but I knew that I've never clicked on the reset button. Else I would've lost 100 souls and I would've noticed that immediately. Maybe the /attribute box is a bit buggy at some point, however.
At the other hand, maybe the cause is not the box but the /attribute add .... command, because it allows you to enter an exceeding amount to see, how many points you'd need to increase the stat by X. If so, I did do this quite often to know, if I should increase a stat by 3 now or better wait for another level up to increase it by 5 (or so).

Leeness

Legacy Supporter 7
I know for a fact if you play around with attribute add command then try /attributes, then back to add command, it can throw this error.

Ampayne2

Retired Staff
It's probably caused because the attribute add command and the attributes menu both have their own 'pending attribute selections' etc.
If so it could be fixed by resetting the menu when you use the command and vice versa

Leeness

Legacy Supporter 7
It's probably caused because the attribute add command and the attributes menu both have their own 'pending attribute selections' etc.
If so it could be fixed by resetting the menu when you use the command and vice versa
Exactly the reason. Didn't think of it as a bug, due to you guys having coded that message catching the user trying to allocate ineligible points.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I remember that I've been having problems, especially at the beginning, with the /attributes box. Because it doesn't show you how many allocation points you need to increase a stat, and the points required increase the higher your stat becomes. So I did figure, but eventually stumbled upon the /attribute add xxxx # command, which I do prefer using since then.
If your's is a possible explanation for the reset, it might've really happened like that. Because I remembered figuring much with the buttons in the box, but I knew that I've never clicked on the reset button. Else I would've lost 100 souls and I would've noticed that immediately. Maybe the /attribute box is a bit buggy at some point, however.
At the other hand, maybe the cause is not the box but the /attribute add .... command, because it allows you to enter an exceeding amount to see, how many points you'd need to increase the stat by X. If so, I did do this quite often to know, if I should increase a stat by 3 now or better wait for another level up to increase it by 5 (or so).

We could have the attributes required to increase to the next level on the lore of the item - right @Ampayne2 ? Somewhere either on the wool or the attribute item lore. I think the green wool would be best.. so if it takes 8 stat points to increase 1 STR it would be above the wool.