• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Not a Bug Attribute points downgrading??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enrix79

Coal
Hello all,
First of all I would like to say that I am not sure if this is a bug or if it's just me doing something wrong.
Since I found it hard to write and explain my problem (Because english is not my native language) I have made a video showing what my problem is,so please watch it and help me if you can!
All the best,
Regards

Enrix79

Coal
Could you explain a little better?
What should I do?
Why I should not raise those stats if I have the attribute points and the cube is green?

Enrix79

Coal
That's the problem: I am not trying to find an exploit...I just think that's the way to upgrade attributes xD
How do I upgrade them correctly? One at time?

Duck

TNT
If I'm understanding this correctly Enrix thinks 1 allocatable point = 1 attribute point, which is not the case. The cost of 1 attribute point scales as the attribute is increased.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Hey @Enrix79 like your video skills!

From watching your vid it seems the Gui worked as it is supposed to. You'll find it easier to use as you get more familiar with it. I've added a couple of links in this post to the wiki page on Attributes where you'll get more explanation.
  • As @Duck noted, you need to understand that 1 Attribute Allocation Point does not equal 1 Attribute point. Attribute points are more "expensive" as you get higher. For example, to go from 20 to 21 on an Attribute will cost you 9 Attribute Allocation Points.
  • None of your attributes decreased in value. However there is something going on which might lead to confusion - I'll say more about that in the next post.
  • If the wools are grey, it means that option isn't available to you.
  • One weakness of the gui is that it doesn't show you when you're run out of attribute allocation points. If that happens, you can confirm and then you'll get a notice in chat that no points have been allocated. So for the gui to work you can't try to allocate more points than you have available.
  • Btw I think you only need to click on the green wool, not drag it toward your inventory.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@Ampayne2 The attributes are listed in a slightly different order on the /attributes grid and in the output from /stats. This is confusing.

Could Agility please be listed before Endurance in the output from /stats?

I know this change might cause some confusion for people who have their own attribute calculators, but I do feel the consistency would be beneficial in game.

Enrix79

Coal
Thank you very much for all the explanation!
I am now upgrading one attribute at time...
And yes, you got it right: I tought that 1 attribute allocation point was egual to 1 attribute point.
Regards guys...if you wish to post something else, feel free to tell me more or anything else :)

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
@Ampayne2 The attributes are listed in a slightly different order on the /attributes grid and in the output from /stats. This is confusing.

Could Agility please be listed before Endurance in the output from /stats?

I know this change might cause some confusion for people who have their own attribute calculators, but I do feel the consistency would be beneficial in game.

Or just change the wool around instead of the command, that makes more sense imo since most people use commands to add attributs and not the GUI

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Or just change the wool around instead of the command, that makes more sense imo since most people use commands to add attributs and not the GUI
Not sure what you mean here... I think the GUI is best left as it is.

I suggest the Agility, Endurance order for the /stats command output because that's also used in the recommended builds thread. Trying to reduce confusion, not increase it. ;)

Ampayne2

Retired Staff
@Ampayne2 coded the current /attributes system - linking him here so he can either improve or clarify it.
Just the menu - kinda tidied up the system that already existed but the system still has 1 issue which needs fixing:
Each attribute in the menu only keeps track of if the player has enough points to buy the next level - it doesn't take into account other attributes in the menu you may have added points to. It's basically the only reason people get confused :p

Btw I think you only need to click on the green wool, not drag it toward your inventory.
All correct, except normally the wool wouldn't stay on your cursor - it's a known bug in 1.7.2 that when you cancel an inventory click event it doesn't remove the item from the client's cursor - the item on the cursor is just a ghost item though.

./attribute add (attribute) (amount)

way easier man.
Might be easier for you since you are used to using the command - but I find the menu much easier, especially for new players.
  • Instead of using /stats to decide what you want to add and /attribute add to add it, you use one command - /attributes
  • Instead of magically knowing what each attribute does, the items have very descriptive lore.
Once the issue I mentioned is fixed, the menu will also be better because:
  • It's extremely intuitive - just click the green wool and confirm.
  • You don't have to mess around in an 'attribute calculator' to find a good build... just use the menu.
How do I upgrade them correctly? One at time?
Until the issue I mentioned is fixed, upgrading attributes one at a time will work best because then the wool above the attribute will turn gray when it is supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.