• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Attribute cost when attribute value is negative

madpear

Legacy Supporter 5
When using /attribute add [attrib] on an attribute type that starts with a negative value, the cost is not calculated correctly.

e.g.
Ranger starts with -6 Wisdom. Instead of costing 1 point to increase the Wisdom level, it costs 2 points to increase from -6 to -5, -5 to -4, -4 to -3. Then it goes back to costing 1 point per level up intil 2 to 3 which correctly costs 2 points again.

Absolute value or signed/unsigned problem I suppose.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
It is correct.

The farther away from 0 you are, the more costly it is to increase the attribute. This goes for both negative and positive values. The costs you described sounded like they were the intentional values.

It was done this way to make negative attributes more inhibiting for certain classes.

madpear

Legacy Supporter 5
Thanks for the info.

FWIW, we could flag this for the wiki team if we wanted the attributes page to reflect this, otherwise it will cause problems for people with spreadsheet calculators (aka me).

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
FWIW, we could flag this for the wiki team if we wanted the attributes page to reflect this, otherwise it will cause problems for people with spreadsheet calculators (aka me).
Fixed, thanks madpear.

Btw, to tag the Wiki Team, type @wiki and wait for the drop down list, then select Wiki Team from that - and with luck, some of us might get the notification ;) (group tags being pretty random, unfortunately).