• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Attack Speed Timers

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Alright people, I think it's time we talked about this in depth as a team. I know there was a thread floating around before but I wanted to bring this back up with a suggestion of my own.

Just to start, I just wanted to put it out there that I haven't really had fun playing a warrior class this entire map. Some of my favorite classes in prior maps were dragoon, paladin, and other left click reliant classes. This new system I'm suggesting will allow people to play to a system that suits them the best, and hopefully brings back some enjoyment to the warrior/some rogue classes.

So, my suggestion revolves around having the current system of waiting for the timer still be in the game, while also adding in an option for those who want to get more into the clicks. What we have to do is leave the current left click numbers on the diamond tier weapon for each class, but then look at the gold tier.

We will revert the number changes from the 1.8->1.9 patch and move those just to the golden tier weapons. Next, we set up merchants in spawn that exchange a basic gold tool/weapon for a custom item with a high level unbreaking one with no attack speed modifier (golden tools break super easily).

This system allows players to play to whatever playstyle they prefer to play to. If someone really enjoys waiting for clicks and dealing more damage then they can - on the flip side if someone really prefers the old 1.8 system they can, but will lose a large amount of their base weapon damage.

Let me know what you think, this could be a terrible idea but it's the best solution I could come up with.

@Balance Team @Kainzo

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
That's a pretty good solution to the swing timers actually.
Wouldn't be hard to make an Unbreaking 10 Gold Sword and slap it in a merchant.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
With the reconstruction and the soulbound weapon idea floating around, I wonder for how much longer this issue will exist. That aside, I like the idea behind this, but I feel like spam clicking may even be too much at half its effectiveness. Essentially, using sword as my example, it has a natural attack timer of 1.6 and custom ones at a 60-75% debuff (1.6-1.75). This means the old damage needs to be 60-75% less on a spam click weapon. Though, that's an odd situation when not all weapons of the same kind keep the same timer. For instance, 2 handed swords are usually slower.

I think we may want to let players have their melee weapons placed at a normalized number until soulbound and class specific weapons are an actual thing. That aside, if you think its still possible, I'd like to give it a test if nothing else.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
With the reconstruction and the soulbound weapon idea floating around, I wonder for how much longer this issue will exist. That aside, I like the idea behind this, but I feel like spam clicking may even be too much at half its effectiveness. Essentially, using sword as my example, it has a natural attack timer of 1.6 and custom ones at a 60-75% debuff (1.6-1.75). This means the old damage needs to be 60-75% less on a spam click weapon. Though, that's an odd situation when not all weapons of the same kind keep the same timer. For instance, 2 handed swords are usually slower.

I think we may want to let players have their melee weapons placed at a normalized number until soulbound and class specific weapons are an actual thing. That aside, if you think its still possible, I'd like to give it a test if nothing else.
Yeah I'm probably going to do 60% to start and see what it's like with that, if it's really bad then we can adjust from there.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
@Kainzo Everyone I've talked to is in favor of this, what are your thoughts? If we're good to go I can get everything on test so we're ahead of the game for this Friday.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
"We'll be pushing some balance changes and swing speed stuff hopefully this friday with War."
Alright, I suppose I'll take this as a good to go, will post numbers on other thread tonight.
@Balance Team @Kainzo

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
"We'll be pushing some balance changes and swing speed stuff hopefully this friday with War."
Alright, I suppose I'll take this as a good to go, will post numbers on other thread tonight.
@Balance Team @Kainzo
Given the gold weapon setup, I think we're able to do this, however, only with the intent that gold weps dmg changes and not have swing speed timers.

This is not what I want LONG TERM, this is a "hold out" until we fix the system for the next set of updates.