• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Assorted Suggestions To Enable Balanced Gameplay

RogueMind

Legacy Supporter 3
PvP Balance
-Different paths should give different Exp rewards. I suggest that the exp rewards should be as following(from lowest to highest): Crafter, Healer, Caster, Rogue, Warrior. With rogue and warrior paths being the same since they are both pure PvP focus

Random Balance
-Mages sorta suck at the moment. Maybe give them a easier time leveling to specialization because of this?
-Healers need healing to either be more effective or less mana costly

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I agree with many of these points - its been very busy lately - I'll take a look at the balance of healers and casters soon. Exp Sources are rolling out more - but we still lack some of the rpg element for giving exp for use of skills.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
I understand that once we get skills as an exp source, casters will be able to spam fireballs and the like, essentially trading their mana for exp, which is a pretty sweet deal I think. And do you find healing to be taxing on your mana? Mind you, the only heals I use are bandages, but I never seen to run out of mana...

RogueMind

Legacy Supporter 3
Actually your thinking smarter then I was ahaha. Cool downs were extremely restrictive at first. ATM the cooldown for fireball is perfect.

Also Dorea, I am not a healer my self but it seems the ability to act as a healer for a group(lets say 5) is pretty stunted atm. Clearly crafters are a 'city class' but healer, caster, rogues, and warriors are all going to be in the field for things such as raids. Imagine approaching enemies and killing them. In the 3 minutes it takes for them to spawn, rearm, and head over to you very little healing has been done. Now imagine trying to heal during a massive city siege. Your abilities as a healer become insignificant. Or at least this is the jist I get from talking with some healers. Its hard to tell though, because every one likes to bitch about their class. Sometimes its hard to rise above it without having tried all the options yourself(which in the case I am not rich enough to do haha).

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
I imagine that anyone would have difficulty keeping up with healing during a massive siege (as sieges go, massive ones tend to chip away at resources a bit much, eh?); if I spec as a cleric, that might work out, actually. I wouldnt want to be assigned to a group of five others, or any sufficiently large group of players. I don't think I've played a game in recent memory where having more than three people to a medic was a good idea. Being a healer is awesome, though - I can't imagine being anything else!

Huffatron

Legacy Supporter 4
i would love to get to the point where casters need no swords because they can throw enough fireballs