• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Armor suggestion to watch out for!

Plagiarizing

Stone
So as i've been saying it seems like left click spamming is still going to be a main part of most of the classes damage, I hope to take into consideration that with MC PVP having less knockback means you can stop a combo and combo easier same with the knockback enchant hence why back in the day even current meta is to run some knockback on your weapon in vanilla PVP is still a meta. Netherite Armor has knockback protection therefore adding this to classes will unintentionally make a class a demon I haven't ever suggested this just because it didn't seem like a problem currently that I had seen but I hadn't tested a whole lot recently just waiting for updates to push before i test anything new. Netherite armor will make some classes extremely strong also it would be a great way of buffing some classes, I'm not saying give people full netherite or to take it away just to keep that into consideration when balancing something. I know currently netherite is unobtainable with the nether being closed still. But during the full release watch out for that. Hope to see some more updates push! just wanted to post something to keep the forums discussion a little more active!

I don't think that netherite granting less knockback is as impactful as you say it is :/ sure, 1.8 pvp mechanics are all about knockback and stuff like that, but you have to remember that each class's skills also add a whole bunch of other factors in herocraft combat. For example, a beguiler is never going to concern themselves with this, there is no need to. A wizard or a ranger will never need to consider this either. And also, the knockback reduction isn't even huge, since every warrior class only has 1 piece they can wear, and according to the official minecraft wiki, "Each netherite armor piece gives 10%‌[JE only] / 22.5%‌[BE only] of knockback reduction, protecting 40%‌[JE only] ".

Here's a link to the page that quote is from: https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Armor
Staff, I would actually ask and recommend you guys read some of the stuff there like how damage reduction is calculated, etc; it's good stuff to know for balancing PVP stuff.

So again, this knockback thing is something only melee players will have to concern themselves with anyway, and every single warrior can wear netherite so it's not like when 2 warriors fight each other, one will have the advantage, unless one of them isn't wearing netherite. "What about rogues though?" Rogue classes like Ninja and Runeblade are not meant to be used and fought as like the warriors are mean to be played anyway when it comes to pure vanilla pvp combat; Ninja has things like shadowstep, blackjack, and the backstab passive. Runeblade has flicker, the runes, and other things as well. Netherite armor will be the least of their concerns, unless they are lacking in diamond/netherite weapons themselves. I don't think that this whole netherite armor thing will have to be something we worry about.

Plagiarizing

Stone
I don't think that netherite granting less knockback is as impactful as you say it is :/ sure, 1.8 pvp mechanics are all about knockback and stuff like that, but you have to remember that each class's skills also add a whole bunch of other factors in herocraft combat. For example, a beguiler is never going to concern themselves with this, there is no need to. A wizard or a ranger will never need to consider this either. And also, the knockback reduction isn't even huge, since every warrior class only has 1 piece they can wear, and according to the official minecraft wiki, "Each netherite armor piece gives 10%‌[JE only] / 22.5%‌[BE only] of knockback reduction, protecting 40%‌[JE only] ".

Here's a link to the page that quote is from: https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Armor
Staff, I would actually ask and recommend you guys read some of the stuff there like how damage reduction is calculated, etc; it's good stuff to know for balancing PVP stuff.

So again, this knockback thing is something only melee players will have to concern themselves with anyway, and every single warrior can wear netherite so it's not like when 2 warriors fight each other, one will have the advantage, unless one of them isn't wearing netherite. "What about rogues though?" Rogue classes like Ninja and Runeblade are not meant to be used and fought as like the warriors are mean to be played anyway when it comes to pure vanilla pvp combat; Ninja has things like shadowstep, blackjack, and the backstab passive. Runeblade has flicker, the runes, and other things as well. Netherite armor will be the least of their concerns, unless they are lacking in diamond/netherite weapons themselves. I don't think that this whole netherite armor thing will have to be something we worry about.

Netherite will indeed affect every class, Rangers wont have as much knockback with bow shots, Beguiler is the one case I can say won't concern as much as they do nothing except run until their CDs are back up. Wizard magic missles wont knockback as much. Knockback reduction is a HUGE factor. Ninja and Runeblade will 100% have to worry about it they cant combo as much and most of their damage comes again from left clicking they do have other abilities however won't change the fact they have to left click. Flicker is borderline useless you can still get comboed in a flicker easily you cant move when youre getting juggled in the air so the fact that you can turn invis for half a second every 1 second isnt going to affect that, their blink can prevent a juggle but still makes it harder for them to juggle somebody wearing netherrite. I was stating to watch out for it but to also implement it into balancing weaker classes. As it isn't just armor it's knockback/combo protection aswell.