• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Armor Changes Discussion Thread

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Discussion thread for the new armor changes. Post what you feel like what you think should be changed. Below are the new armor changes. (Note, I listed the max armor the class can wear).
@Balance Team
Warrior
  • Paladin - Full Iron Armor w/ Diamond Chest - (85 Equip Weight)
  • Dreadknight - Full Iron Armor w/ Diamond Legs - (80 Equip Weight)
  • Dragoon - Full Chain Armor w/ Diamond Boots - (70 Equip Weight)
  • Samurai - Full Chain Armor w/ Iron Helmet - (60 Equip Weight)
  • Berserker - Full Gold Armor w/ Chain Chestplate - (55 Equip Weight

Healer
  • Cleric - Leather Helmet + Boots, Chain Chest + Chain Legs - (55 Equip Weight)
  • Druid - Full Leather Armor w/ Chain Legs - (45 Equip Weight)
  • Bloodmage - Full Leather Armor w/ Chain Helmet - (40 Equip Weight)
  • Disciple - Full Leather Armor - (35 Equip Weight)

Caster
  • Wizard - Full Leather Armor - (35 Equip Weight)
  • Necromancer - Full Leather Armor - (35 Equip Weight)
  • Beguiler - Full Leather Armor - (35 Equip Weight)
  • Pyromancer - Full Leather Armor w/ Gold Chest - (45 Equip Weight)
  • Shaman - Full Leather Armor - (35 Equip Weight)

Rogue
  • Ninja - Full Leather Armor w/ Gold Helmet - (40 Equip Weight)
  • Runeblade - Full Leather Armor w/ Gold Boots - (35 Equip Weight)
  • Bard - Full Gold Armor w/ Iron Boots - (60 Equip Weight)
  • Ranger - Leather Helmet + Boots, Gold Chest + Legs - (50 Equip Weight)

Equipment Weight for each Armor Piece:
Helmet: Leather 5, Gold 10, Chainmail 10, Iron 10, Diamond 15

Chestplate: Leather 15, Gold 25, Chainmail 25, Iron 30, Diamond 40

Leggings: Leather 10, Gold 15, Chainmail 20, Iron 25, Diamond 30

Boots: Leather 5, Gold 5, Chainmail 5, Iron 10, Diamond 15

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I have opinions on all of them but I know they will get mentioned, so I'll start with the class I am right now: Ranger

I feel like the armour nerfs here were a little bit over the top. The reason ranger was always tankier is because the class is VERY immobile in combat, the most immobile of any class. They are required to stand still with little room to move during fights, and this makes it very easy to attack/lock down. I think that it should have chain leggings and gold boots added back in to help with its durability when fighting.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Surprised to see 60 armor on bard.

Full leather on disciple seems pretty weak.

Rhapsodist

Legacy Supporter 5
I'll mention Wizard, since I am.
I don't think having a Gold Helmet added in there would hurt too much for most casters. It sets them apart on the battlefield, so people know who the mages are (Which can be good for your teammates, but maybe easier to target them for focusing)
That would up the weight to 40, but add a little flair.

I don't want to be a Wizard who looks like a rogue running around :l

EDIT:

I'd Also like to add that Leather is not as easy to come by as Iron or even Gold. And with even more classes needing it, prices are gonna jump. Kind of sucky.

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I feel the armor need to bard was a little hard. Bard already has stam problems. It was supposed to be the tanky rogue as it wasn't a solo class.

I find it odd that all the non warriors got hit really hard, while classes that had the the most armor seem left intact.

EnLight707

Legacy Supporter 2
I feel the armor need to bard was a little hard. Bard already has stam problems. It was supposed to be the tanky rogue as it wasn't a solo class.

I find it odd that all the non warriors got hit really hard, while classes that had the the most armor seem left intact.

Warriors were already in a really good spot, paladins and dreadknights especially. Now they keep their same tankiness while doing more damage to almost all the other classes :S not sure if I agree with this change.

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
I believe people just need to give it more time and adapt to the new changes before pushing out responses. Overall, I think this was a step in the right direction and most of the armor changes fit the roll of certain classes.

Glacial_Reign

Portal

Bard got screwed with just gold armor. They don't do the dmg compared to the rest of the rogues. Bards are a support class which should be tankier and be able to stay in a fight for awhile. With bards having armor problems and Stam problems, they are in a really bad spot right now

ChazzaMaGazza

ICE ICE ICE!
Bard got screwed with just gold armor. They don't do the dmg compared to the rest of the rogues. Bards are a support class which should be tankier and be able to stay in a fight for awhile. With bards having armor problems and Stam problems, they are in a really bad spot right now
I agree, and why take away chain, its only half and armor bar more and is just a pain having to deal with leather/gold as they are much more expensive and harder to come by. Same gos for the other casters, healers

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I agree, and why take away chain, its only half and armor bar more and is just a pain having to deal with leather/gold as they are much more expensive and harder to come by. Same gos for the other casters, healers
Casters and healers have the kiting potential. Bard does not. None of its skills allow for good ranged kiting. You'll run out of stamina long before you do anything kiting wise.

*I do agree that this seems un-needed though. It just makes even getting armor more difficult