• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Arenas] - Something similar to battlegrounds?

Nadastorm

Legacy Supporter 1
So this is a pretty simple suggestion. I'm sure there will be plenty of arenas on the server where people will want to fight, but I don't think as many people will because of the EXP loss when you die. I think it would be nice if in arenas EXP loss was turned off. I remember on the last map when the Battlegrounds plugin was being tested, so maybe something similar to that?

drshocking

Legacy Supporter 3
I like this but my thought is yes and no to the benefit. I think the threat of exp loss makes winning all the more important and forces players to approach the fight differently than if they were immune to exp loss. Then again, people who are concerned about exp loss who would otherwise participate might not. Its a balancing act for sure.

Nadastorm

Legacy Supporter 1
Another thing to consider is if a town was getting raided, then everyone could just go camp out in the arena and not have to worry about EXP loss if they get killed. So there are both benefits and negatives.

Recknod

Legacy Supporter 2
Kainzo has already confirmed he will be making an organized pvp tourny server.
I would assume it will be in the format of 3v 5v5.
I am really looking forward to this.