• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Architect App: JenksLaw (Now Jenk)

JenksLaw

Legacy Supporter 7
*bumping this application from 2012*

Minecraft IGN: JenksLaw (now Jenk)

Position applying for: Architect

Age|Timezone: 27 PST

How long have you been on Herocraft?: Joined Apr 27, 2012 so 5 months and 3 days as of Sep, 30th 2012

Why do you think you would make a good architect?:

Well I like building stuff with lots of easter eggs, secret passages, redstone contraptions and traps. I think players will have fun goofing around in my creations. Also, I think I could be an asset in regards to small details in landscape and such around bastion (bridges, roads etc.). Finally, I play pretty frequently so I could help other players with their beautification as well.

Now Pictures...

3_zps17c95048.jpg

My porch at ground level was actually a bunch of mason bridges. There is a lever on the ground floor if you have access to the museum map. Never really felt like I completed this.

2_zps9fd98817.jpg

1_zps697106f0.jpg

Something I was playing around with in creative mode. Was going for Mobile Neutral Trading town

4_zps0674aae9.jpg

5_zps5d17530c.jpg

My first donor region. I had a bunch of pistons under the floors and ceiling that would smash people haha. Worked great until I realized they could log out and teleport in my bedroom and then destroy me hahah.

6_zps138f0169.jpg

This was an arena I was working on.

Last edited:

Delta788

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Max Legacy Supporter
@JenksLaw I see you bumped this, do you have any recent creations, and are you familiar with the 1.18 block pallet?

JenksLaw

Legacy Supporter 7
@JenksLaw I see you bumped this, do you have any recent creations, and are you familiar with the 1.18 block pallet?

Yea thanks! I just posted a schematic in the screenshots channel of discord with some screenshots of a build I did for the trade stations. It uses a lot of engineer mechanics and redstone -while trying to minimize the lag. Some of the signs don't work because I don't have the craftbook ICs enabled, but I added temporary vanilla redstone so it still is functional.

My style might be a little different from stuff I see on herocraft. I usually try and build small designs with a lot of Redstone functionality, mazes, and other minecraft stealth.

I think if you gave me perms I would probably build weird redstone things around spawn. Secret rooms with puzzles etc. Stuff that could house an NPC and give the map a little flavor. Actually, I don't even know what the architect does. I guess help build stuff. I'm down for that. I've been thinking of fooling with programming languages. I could apprentice to help in that department? rofl.

Last edited:

Delta788

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Max Legacy Supporter
Yea thanks! I just posted a schematic in the screenshots channel of discord with some screenshots of a build I did for the trade stations. It uses a lot of engineer mechanics and redstone -while trying to minimize the lag. Some of the signs don't work because I don't have the craftbook ICs enabled, but I added temporary vanilla redstone so it still is functional.

My style might be a little different from stuff I see on herocraft. I usually try and build small designs with a lot of Redstone functionality, mazes, and other minecraft stealth.

I think if you gave me perms I would probably build weird redstone things around spawn. Secret rooms with puzzles etc. Stuff that could house an NPC and give the map a little flavor. Actually, I don't even know what the architect does. I guess help build stuff. I'm down for that. I've been thinking of fooling with programming languages. I could apprentice to help in that department? rofl.
How do you feel about making dungeons or arenas? Red stone could be used in both for traps and other various things. We are in need of a PvP Event arena (I'd prefer to have a different one for each season.)

JenksLaw

Legacy Supporter 7
How do you feel about making dungeons or arenas? Red stone could be used in both for traps and other various things. We are in need of a PvP Event arena (I'd prefer to have a different one for each season.)
I'm in! What dimensions do you need by when? Should I just make schematics?

Delta788

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Max Legacy Supporter
I'm in! What dimensions do you need by when? Should I just make schematics?
I'd just make a schematic, but Fairly big, I'd say 100x100 inner arena area.

Delta788

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Max Legacy Supporter
Ok I can start working on that. How soon do you need it?
Do you have some free time this upcoming week, so we can sit down and discuss this in more detail?