• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Architect App: iHazBryn

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
1. Minecraft IGN: iHazBryn

2. Position applying for: Architect

3. Age: 16

4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States): GMT -8 (Pacific Standard Time)

5. Hours/Week you play (on average): 30+

6. Friends in Herocraft: Strongholdx, jmoney222, Malphugus, jwplayer0, look_out, GreekCrackShot, Shadownub, Ruethian(RIP), and many more.

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: I have never been banned from this server, but I was banned once from a server for griefing.
I would like to think it was admin abuse, as I had just joined the server and was banned for breaking a couple blocks of grass. Here is the link to my MCbans. http://mcbans.com/player/ihazbryn

8. Do you have any experience with IRC?: I have used it a couple of times, when the server was down, and I have sat through one or two of the monthly meetings. I don't know much, And it has a tendency to not work with google chrome, But I am willing to learn.

9. Why do you think you will make a good architect? Explain.: When I first joined this server the extent of my building knowledge was that of a normal SSP player. I could build a nice little house with a roof out of stone, But it looked boring and plain. As I played this server, and saw some some of the amazing builds that some members had partaken in, and I was inspired to start building my own stuff. Over the past 9ish months I have learned a lot, and have put that knowledge into my own builds.
I may not have the patience for some of the huge builds that architects like ruethian do, Or the redstone knowledge of xpeterc, But I think that my perfectionist attitude towards building, and my eye for detail could really bring something to this server.
With the upcoming map "Dragon" more architects may be needed, and I would love to help shape a part of this servers history.

10. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I am a very personable guy, and would have no problem working with other architects, or listening to the founders. I have been playing on this server for long enough to have a pretty strong knowledge of how everything works. Not just the different plugins, but how players interact. On the sanctum map, I lived , and survived in the wilderness for most of my time playing. I joined Seagate, with strongoldx, ruethian and punisher79. I helped them expand to city, and when the wipe came, I helped them found Ironpass. I think that the experience I got from helping to creating what once was one of the biggest towns on the server will forever change the way I play Herocraft.

I am also an avid fan of lore and role playing. I love reading the Loremasters work, and have always wanted to write my own fanfiction. I would, but I suck at writing, so I express my lore through my builds. I always build for feeling, rather than functionality. Below you will see an example of this. My "Temple of Elements" brings in some aspects of the greek concept of elements. Maybe, if appointed to the position of <Architect> I could work closely with the Loremasters to bring some lore, and history into the server builds of Herocraft.
<Lorechitect> anyone? :p

11. Below, please post pictures of works you have completed in-game, whether on classic, SSP or SMP:
This is my "Temple Of Elements" talked about above.
20111005215123.png

Each corner is one of the elements. Earth, water, fire, and air. The opposites across from each other. This makes it so that each side has a different feeling. For example, Fire and earth makes Dry. you can read about it here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_element#Classical_elements_in_Greece
20111005215825.png

Another image.
20111005215859.png

Here is an image of my un-named, underwater hole project.
20111006115548.png

Here is the entrance. I tried to make it seem like it was part of a sunken city of some sort. Maybe have a part of a sunken zeal landmark on the dragon map? or something of that sort.
20111006115413.png

Here is the view from the entrance tunnel.
20111006115508.png

Here is a picture of an autofarm I designed and built near the beginning of my time on this server. Complete with redstone activation. I'm not very proud of it, But I though I should show where I started, And It is kinda pretty. :p
20111006120328.png

Here is the garden on the back of my current Zeal plot.
20111006120748.png

Here is a townhall that I designed and built for the original TC town of Thornhollow. I tried to add in the Tree, and the creeper face parts. :p.
20110818195028.png

here it is on the zeal map. Notice the attempted creeper face as a door. I had to make it at least a little functional :)
20111006122956.png

View of the roof from inside.
20111006123029.png

Here is an airship that I built for Ruethian's town, The Forsaken Armada. I wanted it to fit the role of a small, fast scouting ship, And I think it looks the part.
20111108214623.png

And finally here is a half built Dragoon tower that I built during writing this app. @strongholdx
20120102135945.png

I will update this more As I build new things.
Sorry for any Grammatical errors. :) I'm only human.
Thank you from taking the time to read my application, and I hope you have enjoyed seeing my builds. :)
-Bryn
@Kainzo
@Apherdite