• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Archer Class

PrankCalls

Dirt
"Ranger" Is basically the only archer class. I think archers should be more respected. There is alot of skills and possibilitys for an archer. That's why I think archer should be a tier 1 class. Instead of having it a spec of rogue, have it a whole class of its own.

Archer class could be a tier 1.
It could have IceArrow, and maybe a weak SummonArrow.

Archer would then specialize into one of 3 classes.
These could be:
Marksman
Sniper
Ranger

Ranger could be the same as it already is, except without the rogue skills.

Marksman could focus on skillfully staying away from their enemys. It could have an upgraded IceArrow, so they could create a distance between their enemys. Marksman could also get like BlindingArrow which blinds their enemy.

Sniper could be focused on special arrows. They could have a weak IceArrow. They could also have SummonArrow, FireArrow, PoisonArrow, InfernoArrow(Upgaded version of FireArrow except AoE damage.) They could get their best skill, at level 65, WindArrow. WindArrow could send the target flying backwards and into the air.

I think HeroCraft should take more advantage of all these arrow possiblites. There is only 1 class for a bow user.....
Archer would be very useful, especially in party play.
I know many people like to use bows to fight, and only with 1 class possiblity to choose from.
Thanks for reading!

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Well firstly, ranger isn't the only class that can use bows. Currently: Ranger, Bard, Ninja, and Samurai can use bows. Secondly I would check out the test server at test.hc.to. Delfofthebla has done some great changes to ranger. Based on my rpg knowledge, most archers class go under: Scout, Sharpshooter, Arcane Archer, and Trap/Beast master.

The current "Ranger"is more of an "Arcane Archer" IMO. The new Ranger will be more like a sniper class. Scouts tend to be bow users who excel in mobility and hit-n-run tactics. This (from what I know) impossible to implement atm due to the way you are slowed when drawing your bow. Beast/Trap master also isn't very likely. A beastmaster class would require significant work in AI coding. A trapmaster would also take a long time as there hasn't even been any "trap" skills.

While the idea of archers being their own class is enticing, I don't think it is necessary. Like I've said before, what needs to take priority is content that the classes can do. Not more classes.

PoisonEdge

Legacy Supporter 3
While I agree that we should be focusing on more content for the current classes, I also think that seeing an Archer base class would make a lot of sense. Like anything new, it would take a lot of time, but it could probably be done.

This (from what I know) impossible to implement atm due to the way you are slowed when drawing your bow.

There is no way to take this out at all, and just make it a passive for a certain character class?

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
This (from what I know) impossible to implement atm due to the way you are slowed when drawing your bow.
Could it be (easily, I'm sure it can be) coded so that when you draw back your bow, it gives you swiftness X, X being the level of speed needed to make it walking speed?

sheepcrys

Legacy Supporter 3
Bow is one of the main force in normal mc, so I'm not surprised if archer should be a base class, but I think we should focus on the rpg side of server like boss, quest, dungeon etc. That would be more interesting than taking few months and finally finishes archer class and 4 new spec. Imo.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Could it be (easily, I'm sure it can be) coded so that when you draw back your bow, it gives you swiftness X, X being the level of speed needed to make it walking speed?
I can detect how far your bow is pulled back after you shoot it, but not before. There just isn't a direct way to detect that without having them fire first. You could technically accomplish this in a roundabout way, but it'd be really hacky / dirty, and I'd rather not do it.

As far as the actual thread goes:
* Kainzo isn't interested in adding new classes at this time.
* We have no interested in creating more tiers.
* Ranger is already receiving a rework to make it more enjoyable / interesting.
* Their mobility issues have been addressed in another way.

I don't think its really necessary because with a bow you can do damage from afar. Plus with the new skills your talking about might make the classes a bit overpowered.