• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Anyway to play on a Mac?

RedEchoRanger

ICE ICE ICE!
So I was wondering if I could play league of legends on a make without using parallels. I did done googlin and saw that they shelved the Mac version for a while :( I've been looking for game like this cuz Starcraft is too complicated for me. If not anybody got a windows code I can buy off ya for cheap?

Justaz101

Glowing Redstone
You could try Hon or wait for Dota 2. Not sure If either of those work on macs though.

Trok

ICE ICE ICE!
Since it is free to play, the game requires no code. The problem with League is that they do not have a Mac version, but I hear they are developing a Mac version; it's in beta.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I think the Mac version can still be found or requested via email or forums. I think you are better askin on their official LoL forums.

NoaNarwhal

Wood
There are seperate people who make a client that i believe works fine.
i dont know that much about them but i could get back to you

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
So I was wondering if I could play league of legends on a make without using parallels. I did done googlin and saw that they shelved the Mac version for a while :( I've been looking for game like this cuz Starcraft is too complicated for me. If not anybody got a windows code I can buy off ya for cheap?

I get free legal copy's of all windows operating systems for the next 2 years, and I get the windows 8 beta when it comes out for behind the scenes testing. My school is fucking awsome.

Z

zDyllan

I get free legal copy's of all windows operating systems for the next 2 years, and I get the windows 8 beta when it comes out for behind the scenes testing. My school is fucking awsome.
The windows 8 beta has been out for months D: I'm using it right now :0

Z

zDyllan

thats a developers build, not a beta build, that was leaked illegally
I got it in a disc from my dads company, not sure if its an illegal copy or certain companies were paid to test and I got a copy.

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
Play on Windows, right now it's the only real option. I'm in the same boat as you since I'm an Ubuntu user, previously it was possible to run LoL perfectly using the ACE Client through Wine, but it doesn't seem to work any more so I have to boot to windows now. It sucks, but I don't think a decent port is likely any time soon as LoL does use DirectX which obviously proprietary Micro$oft crap.

Honestly, rather than trying to make a native Mac client, Riot should just put a little effort into getting LoL to play nice with Wine, that way any Mac or Linux/GNU user would be able to play it happily.