• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Anything on Samurai?

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
So yeah, I heard Samurai is broken crap... Can someone explain to me why and what specific skills need fixing or stuff? Because I'm utterly interested into this class because of, ahem, anime...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So yeah, I heard Samurai is broken crap... Can someone explain to me why and what specific skills need fixing or stuff? Because I'm utterly interested into this class because of, ahem, anime...
If you want to compile a list of issues, please do, I'll take a look and fix up where I can.

We're also looking for an avid heroes skill developer if anyone knows anyone who is trustworthy :)

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
If you want to compile a list of issues, please do, I'll take a look and fix up where I can.

We're also looking for an avid heroes skill developer if anyone knows anyone who is trustworthy :)
@JupiterRome could have friends who may be interested

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1

Well I'm asking the general public who has played Samurai already. I do not know any bugged skills as I just came back from inactivity and still leveling Pally. Other than I heard that Murasame doesn't heal you for the 25% of your health pool and instead heals like 2 HP.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6

Parrymagic doesn't work. It may parry pulse or something like that. But it doesn't parry any of runeblades skills or bolt ect.
Murasame does NOT heal you at all from what I saw. It's suppose to heal 25% of your total hp. So it is a pretty useless skill since it has a 80 second cd.
Also in my opinion I find it a little dumb that skills take sword durability. It is a strong class, don't get me wrong. But you are not able to use god weapons really since your sword is pretty much dead after 2 fights.
That's all I noticed atm. I haven't really tested mortal wound yet but it is saying it does 4 dmg over 12 seconds.
Also, they need a better t2 ult

Last edited:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
t2 ult on Samurai makes about as much sense as ranger's ult being changed to a sword only skill.
Samurai is not a tanky class. Do not give it a tank skill for its 'ultimate' skill.
How is the skill provoke a "tank skill" the skill provoke adds to the 1v1 aspect of the class, and it can focus down people in a fight if they use provoke on them. Also, samurai has like the highest hp and one of the highest armor ratings, so explain to me how it's not a tank.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Parrymagic doesn't work. It may parry pulse or something like that. But it doesn't parry any of runeblades skills or bolt ect.
Murasame does NOT heal you at all from what I saw. It's suppose to heal 25% of your total hp. So it is a pretty useless skill since it has a 80 second cd.
Also in my opinion I find it a little dumb that skills take sword durability. It is a strong class, don't get me wrong. But you are not able to use god weapons really since your sword is pretty much dead after 2 fights.
That's all I noticed atm. I haven't really tested mortal wound yet but it is saying it does 4 dmg over 12 seconds.
Also, they need a better t2 ult
As well as a Samurai cared for their weapons. They wouldn't just trash it like garbage (Lore Wise at least :p )

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
How is the skill provoke a "tank skill" the skill provoke adds to the 1v1 aspect of the class, and it can focus down people in a fight if they use provoke on them. Also, samurai has like the highest hp and one of the highest armor ratings, so explain to me how it's not a tank.
DK and Paladin I view as tanks, nothing else. A tank needs some self sustain, and Samurai's 25% heal is broken. If that gets fixed, I'll call it a tank. (The overtime heal is nice, from one of the skills thats name I forget, but it's not enough.)

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Well, Provoke skill lets the enemy hurt you for 25% more damage while you hurt them for 25% more damage. It's equal. How is it a tank skill?

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Would love the class a lot more if it wasn't for the sword offerings but thats how Kain wants it. Maybe if they were lowered a bit to like 2-5%?

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Well, the wiki says 1-10% but ingame, I checked via /skills samurai and it was ranging from 1-5%, depending on the skill... Have yet to confirm myself...

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
As to why this is... I'm guessing it's because of final fantasy tactics. That's how samurai were on it. When the samurai called forth the spirits residing in their blade there was a chance of the katana breaking.

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Since when did they bring Final Fantasy into Herocraft? I might as well bring Yasuo into Herocraft... The only thing I would be amazed to see (and would never get implemented, taken from the anime Akame ga Kill!) is when a Samurai/Honorblade uses Murasame probably around 1000 times, Murasame itself would devour its user, strengthening the Samurai through every PvP kill permanently while the user's humane self is gone.

Got off-topic, but anime talk, lol excuse me for complete nonsensical talk.

Before I got banned sammy was a crazy strong class. If kainzo ever got around to fixing that 25% full health heal, and reworked its ultimate skill it will be a very solid class.
Has one of the highest hp scaling in the game and decent armor, making it tanky and able to dish out the damage.

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Before I got banned sammy was a crazy strong class. If kainzo ever got around to fixing that 25% full health heal, and reworked its ultimate skill it will be a very solid class.
Has one of the highest hp scaling in the game and decent armor, making it tanky and able to dish out the damage.
I revere Samurai ingame and in real life, not because I have total interest in Japanese culture, their amazing loyalty, wielding the sharpest sword in the world and action anime's, but because it deals Rogue-level damage while having Warrior armor and HP. Someone from Dragongarde/Bastion confirm that Sammy could 1v1 a Runeblade in fair situations...

@NotMrFly, tell me, what stuff did old Samurai have that today's Sammy didn't? And don't worry about the skills, I'm taking responsibility for reporting Sammy stuff to Kainzo for fixing.