• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Anyone need help?

Apherdite

Queen Bee
Well that's not an ambiguous title at all. So I know that science and math are tough subjects for most people, so I was going to offer my services of a sort of "tutoring" if anyone is interested. I'm not great at all subjects, but I can certainly help with Gen. Chem, O.Chem, Algebra, Geometry, Pre-Cal and Calc I & II, Literature, Writing, as well as various other subjects. I am also happy to proofread and edit papers.

School is hard, and I think that getting good grades is important. So, since I'm not really doing anything else with my time... I'd be happy to help anyone in need. If you don't wanna post on this thread or anything, you can feel free to add me on skype: idkmybffr0ze (zero, not o), or you can shoot me a PM on here.

I promise I won't bite. :D

Apherdite

Queen Bee
That's not a legitimate question that would ever be asked. You can't even plug that into google and get an answer, let alone a scientific calculator.

You can work that out by hand, though, if you want the answer. I wish you luck, and I'll see you in a year or so.

So cray.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
That's not a legitimate question that would ever be asked. You can't even plug that into google and get an answer, let alone a scientific calculator.

You can work that out by hand, though, if you want the answer. I wish you luck, and I'll see you in a year or so.
lol it was just some random question I got on the first day of school. Apparently, you have to find a pattern with the exponents and use it to.... and so other steps that will take too long to type. In the end, I found out it actually is possible but it takes a while :D

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I'm currently doing A Level Maths, Chemistry and Physics. I hear they are some of the hardest subjects! :p

If I need help beyond that of revision books, teacher support or maybe local tutors, then i'll come to you Apherdite! :D

It's nice to see you offering to help others! :D I know those two subjects, man, many people struggle with those... :(

_KittyGotWet_

Banned
I just started A level further maths and, man, regret doesn't begin to explain what I'm thinking. My grades seem to say I'll be able to cope with it, but I don't trust them. :p
Always handy to know there's help if I need it, which I will. :D

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
Ok now this one I have been trying to do for the past 8 weeks.
Could you pleeaassee help me :(?
6+2=?
My teacher isn't very good

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I'm taking some courses right now that use a lot of calculus and algebra, and I do have a few holes... I'm good for now but later on I may very well take Apherdite up on this. Really generous of her to offer.

aww, a Friendly from Aphy~ I will treasure it always.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Question: It goes chem 1a -> 1b -> o chem right? At least I think it does at my school.

If thats how it was for you, how hard was 1b compared to 1a and is o chem really as difficult as some people say? I slept through AP chem and got a 5 so there must be some natural aptitude I got going for me but idk.

Apherdite

Queen Bee
Question: It goes chem 1a -> 1b -> o chem right? At least I think it does at my school.

If thats how it was for you, how hard was 1b compared to 1a and is o chem really as difficult as some people say? I slept through AP chem and got a 5 so there must be some natural aptitude I got going for me but idk.

Yeah, that order sounds about right, it's Gen Chem 1 > Gen Chem 2 > Ochem 1 > Ochem 2 > etc.

The difficulty really depends on the professor. My Gen Chem 1 class covered everything basic in chemistry, and my Gen Chem 2 class dealt solely with Equilibrium equations, and really nothing else. But I think it really depends on who you have as a professor.

Also, Organic Chemistry is difficult in the sense that there is a ton of information being thrown at you and it's easy to get confused with the various concepts, such as chirality, enantiomers, diastereomers, etc. Those are some of the things that I struggled with in the course, but with chemistry it is really important to work the problems until you understand what's going on.

lol it was just some random question I got on the first day of school. Apparently, you have to find a pattern with the exponents and use it to.... and so other steps that will take too long to type. In the end, I found out it actually is possible but it takes a while :D

Wow, that's ridiculoussss.... I haven't worked with exponents much in that way, I'm better with like integrating and deriving and such, haha...

Four months ago I moved to Switzerland, so i'm doing my APs, I believe this to be an American qualification, so I imagine you'd help me out a lot xD[DOUBLEPOST=1346950557,1346948721][/DOUBLEPOST]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Placement

That's great hatchy! Yeah, I didn't really do AP courses much, but I know some super smart kids that were! Smarty pants :p

Ok now this one I have been trying to do for the past 8 weeks.
Could you pleeaassee help me :(?
6+2=?
My teacher isn't very good

Well see Dexy, that's what happens when you fall down the stairs all the time.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Nice of you, Aph. Taking AP Bio, AP US, and honors precalc now, so this will be interesting .-.
Also, Organic Chemistry is difficult in the sense that there is a ton of information being thrown at you and it's easy to get confused with the various concepts, such as chirality, enantiomers, diastereomers, etc.
We're doing organic chem in bio right now >:3

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Taking Differential Calculus (basically AB Calc) right now, I may come here if I have any quick questions I can't figure out from the textbook. Nice of you to do this sort of thing :)

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Im only taking Algebra II. It seems that I know most of what is going to be taught. I will be easy. :)