• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Anyone Mind Giving an Update Summary to an Old Player?

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
Hey everyone, I'm not sure how many of you will remember me, but I used to play on Herocraft years ago (joined early 2011, quit 2014). I'm thinking about coming back, and I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could give me a rundown on what's changed. I joined Herocraft for the first time in forever just now but was overwhelmed by all the new stuff everywhere. In addition to that, if you guys have any tips for a washed up player like myself let me know.

To give you a time reference, Haven was the last map I played and Sanctum was my first.

Last edited:

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Hey everyone, I'm not sure how many of you will remember me, but I used to play on Herocraft years ago (joined early 2011, quit 2014). I'm thinking about coming back, and I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could give me a rundown on what's changed. I joined Herocraft for the first time in forever just now but was overwhelmed by all the new stuff everywhere.

To give you a time reference, Haven was the last map I played.
Welcome fellow Haven Veteran! As a fellow Haven survivor myself, I'll try to help you out as much as I can

- Codex's == Free Class Change
We have this wierd thing where you can get parts of a Specific Class Codex ( 1 - 5 ) to craft a Codex to auto switch you to a Class
- T2 Classes == Upgraded Class Versions
Essentially if you LVL Cleric up 100%, you can then switch to an upgraded version of that class. It provides a New skill and some more Attributes than the Original
- Dungeons == Mob Zones
We have a Seperate World and Zones for Mobs now, most of them that cast their own skills :p
- Townships == Townships
We have an upgraded version of Townships, its a bit different but its ok
- War == Saturday Event
Its an event where people go nuts and raid towns. I'd stay offline if you don't want to deal with that

If you have anymore questions feel free to let me know :D

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
Welcome fellow Haven Veteran! As a fellow Haven survivor myself, I'll try to help you out as much as I can

We have this wierd thing where you can get parts of a Specific Class Codex ( 1 - 5 ) to craft a Codex to auto switch you to a Class
Essentially if you LVL Cleric up 100%, you can then switch to an upgraded version of that class. It provides a New skill and some more Attributes than the Original
- Dungeons == Mob Zones
We have a Seperate World and Zones for Mobs now, most of them that cast their own skills :p
- Townships == Townships
- War == Saturday Event
Its an event where people go nuts and raid towns. I'd stay offline if you don't want to deal with that

Great, that's not nearly as drastic as I thought it'd be. It might be worth it just to read all the patch notes on the wiki to find the smaller changes. Thanks for the help!

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
Welcome back, welcome back! Devoted summed it up pretty well, but if you ever get confused on something specific, type in your internet browser, hc.to/<What your confuzzled about>

Examples may include hc.to/classes, hc.to/citadel, and so on and so forth. This will send you to the wiki page for specific things.

Enjoy your time back!

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Great, that's not nearly as drastic as I thought it'd be. It might be worth it just to read all the patch notes on the wiki to find the smaller changes. Thanks for the help!
The mobs are much harder if you want a decent reward, and can drop custom items. Some sets of custom items can also be crafted using rare drops (see wiki for more info) also inside the dungeons there are quests on a 20 hour cycle.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8

- Dungeons == Mob Zones
- Townships == Townships
- War == Saturday Event

Codex's are made with 3 artifacts.
A chaos and order relic, then the catalyst.
Catalysts are: support, caster, warrior, rogue, and crafter.

Dev gave outdated info.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hey everyone, I'm not sure how many of you will remember me, but I used to play on Herocraft years ago (joined early 2011, quit 2014). I'm thinking about coming back, and I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could give me a rundown on what's changed. I joined Herocraft for the first time in forever just now but was overwhelmed by all the new stuff everywhere. In addition to that, if you guys have any tips for a washed up player like myself let me know.

To give you a time reference, Haven was the last map I played and Sanctum was my first.
Try out the current Survival server =)