• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Anyone into airsoft?

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
Some of my friends have been trying to get me to try it, and I figure if i'm going for it, might as well get some equipment. Tried it once with their guns, and did really well.

So my question: Anyone here play?

I'm leaning towards this one. Although silencers are illegal in California, I can probably get my hand on one for this big boy :D

ShowImage.aspx

Bigger Picture.

If anyone's got another suggestion, throw it up on here. Gotta be under 150 (including shipping/10% tax)
Also gotta be 300-350 for AEG standards. This one seems to be hitting over 450, and if they dont let me use it I guess i'll just get a different spring.

Angusward

Gold
You could just make a fake silencer. Air guns make barely any noise a silencer would work on anyway.

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
Angusward said:
You could just make a fake silencer. Air guns make barely any noise a silencer would work on anyway.

These are full metal electrics. In an indoor arena, they make quite a bit of noise.

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
Amgroma said:
Angusward said:

These are full metal electrics. In an indoor arena, they make quite a bit of noise.

> Airsoft
> Indoors

wtf?

I've never played it because any form of air rifles are currently illegal in Australia (mostly because there's a lot of replica airsoft guns available and abbos would try to hold up their local pub with an airsoft pistol)

There's a few groups around trying to get it legalized for a sport, I'd definitely get into it if I could.

Anyway, why do it indoors? Go outside into the bush, it'd make it so much more awesome, if you're doing it indoors you might as well just play laser tag.

Angusward

Gold
I agree.

Silencers don't work on the internals or mechanics, however, you might be able to install damping foam or baffles around the noisiest components if a quieter weapon is important to you.

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
pyrokinetic said:
Amgroma said:
Angusward said:

> Airsoft
> Indoors

wtf?

I've never played it because any form of air rifles are currently illegal in Australia (mostly because there's a lot of replica airsoft guns available and abbos would try to hold up their local pub with an airsoft pistol)

There's a few groups around trying to get it legalized for a sport, I'd definitely get into it if I could.

Anyway, why do it indoors? Go outside into the bush, it'd make it so much more awesome, if you're doing it indoors you might as well just play laser tag.

Yes lets play outside. That'll definatly not get me arrested where I live :p

4403fa9e.jpg

Also yes its awesome playing outdoors, but I'd rather drive 4 miles and go to an indoor airsoft arena (see below), then drive 70 miles to an outdoor one in north cali.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1ThRXpCVvQ[/video]

MattMellander

Legacy Supporter 3
pyrokinetic said:
Amgroma said:
Angusward said:

> Airsoft
> Indoors

wtf?

lol racist much, but true. :p Yeah, I want airsoft too (aussie!) but for now Nerf will do.

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
MattMellander said:
pyrokinetic said:
Amgroma said:
Angusward said:

> Airsoft
> Indoors

wtf?

lol racist much, but true. :p Yeah, I want airsoft too (aussie!) but for now Nerf will do.

The point of airsoft is war sim. It's like playing cod in real life. We dont get killed, but it will hurt. And trying not to get hurt = adrenaline pumping. It's just another way of releasing adrenaline. Nerf, would just be fun and a bit of competition. I'm looking for adrenaline :)

J

jorict

I do airsoft a little. I have a full metal AEG doing about 350. It was like $100 and it has quite nice battery life. Also, indoors sounds fun, but there isn't any indoor places near where I live

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
jorict said:
I do airsoft a little. I have a full metal AEG doing about 350. It was like $100 and it has quite nice battery life. Also, indoors sounds fun, but there isn't any indoor places near where I live

What gun? I just bought that AEG AK. Hopefully I dont have to throw down $80 to lower it's fps. The box says 350 but reviews say 400, and the limit is 350.

Angusward

Gold
Amgroma said:
Angusward said:
It's a cheaper version of paintball; you can reuse the pellets ad nauseum.

You cant reuse pellets unless you want your $200 gun to go bye bye. Gearbox would just jam up.

Well then, I hope your pellets are biodegradable.

You don't need biodegradable pellets haha. If you want to airsoft outdoors, it's usually in an airsoflt field where the ground is already designated to be coated in a layer of pellets. Indoors = broom. :D

And reusing pellets is a VERY bad idea. They chip and crack, and one happens to chip a little when you shoot it, gearabox is dead. Also they wont be accurate and will shoot in every which way. Or not shoot at all depending on the quality of the gun barrel.

Angusward

Gold
True, I guess. I was thinking more in an Australian countryside format, where the pellets mst be biodegradable to not leave bright;y coloured spheres lying all over the bush.