• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Any tips for a new Rogue on the server?

Herocraft seems extremely different from other servers, i've read a bit of the wiki, but i'm wondering what the players have to say about tips 'tricks' or any other useful information i should know about

Like the title says, i'm going rogue because it seems to fit my playstyle, so any help class-wise would be very beneficial

RumpTroll

Legacy Supporter 1
New map wipe soon as you might know.
Join a town for protection.
Rogue = lots of damage but not so much hp. They have some fun skills like Smoke and backstab. Rangers can also use bow, lots of damage on range but might be hard to hit a moving target. You should go to the test server and try rogue classes there.

Thanks, what are the different towns?

I noticed that from the Wiki, what's the test server IP?

RumpTroll

Legacy Supporter 1
Herocraft.zapto.org:1337 is the IP
And there are many towns! You can ask in /ch re ingame or check the forums. But since there is a map wipe soon new towns will be made. Also there are some guilds you can join, pvping building or if you like nether you can join hellriders! Just check around the forum or talk with people ingame!

icarumba

Legacy Supporter 4
I recommend you get the improved chat mod, that way you can bind skills to keys (such as sneak to Z or assassin's blade to R, etc).

Towns are completely player made, and I would wait until the new map on the 6th to start asking around for which town to join.

GraRona

Portal
I recommend you get the improved chat mod, that way you can bind skills to keys (such as sneak to Z or assassin's blade to R, etc).

Towns are completely player made, and I would wait until the new map on the 6th to start asking around for which town to join.

lol I bind sneak to the same key!

HollowSith

Diamond
Rogues are generally used wrong as players tend to fight head on with them. Rogues are a stealth class, and like states above, have high damage and low HP. When playing, play a little more sly/ sneaky then other classes. Use your sneak skill and wait for enemies around corners, in shops/ houses, ect. The element of surprise is your great ally as a Rogue. Happy gaming sir!

Rogues are generally used wrong as players tend to fight head on with them. Rogues are a stealth class, and like states above, have high damage and low HP. When playing, play a little more sly/ sneaky then other classes. Use your sneak skill and wait for enemies around corners, in shops/ houses, ect. The element of surprise is your great ally as a Rogue. Happy gaming sir!
Hahaha sounds like my raiding days on TheVaultRP (fallout)

CheeseMK50

Glowing Redstone
Herocraft seems extremely different from other servers, i've read a bit of the wiki, but i'm wondering what the players have to say about tips 'tricks' or any other useful information i should know about

Like the title says, i'm going rogue because it seems to fit my playstyle, so any help class-wise would be very beneficial

Sneak is your best friend, the trick with it is to stay hidden though; you want to use it in places like forests because it's almost impossible for people to spot you. If you use sneak and assassin's blade in a good combination, you can do massive amounts of damage while the other player is still looking for you.