• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Anti PvP Logger Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
We've been over this topic, while it is a cool idea to have -- and I agree with the reasons to have it -- the cons outweigh the pros if implemented blindly.

Pros:
Players stay logged in for 10 seconds. (adjustable) Which, means that player should think before they logout. This will make it easier for PVPers to jump someone fairly and not have (literally) almost everyone they jump try to ninja log to avoid it. (I seriously think this is a major issue.. that said.)

Cons:
Noobs and people who logout like that, WILL rage about it, and it will cause a pretty big backlash, as others stated, mostly because they're probably going to get gang banged by a bunch of gang bangers who're meaner, tougher, and stronger than them.

People can logout not knowing they're about to die.

Mobs kill players who logged out occasionally.

Suggestion to implement properly:
IT should only affect players who have already entered combat recently, like a 5m timer saying you were in combat recently and cannot logout immediately.

This will still affect people leveling but seeing as how we have the dungeon system it will be much rarer. (Because they can be grinding or in other words doing something productive and be in combat then get jumped.) I see it working for those people.

Additionally; mobs shouldn't 1 shot the NPC versions of the player during that 10 second window, how you might if it was a pvp combat log.

I would also wager to discuss removing the insta-death from logging with the 10 second timer, given two more circumstances in mechanics:

1) Does the NPC get affected by knockback and/or
2) is it a statue?

If it is not affected by KB and works like a statue, we should remove the instant death from logging out, and make the timer 15 seconds.
If it is affected by KB and does not work like a statue, we should leave the instant death from logging out, and make the timer 10 seconds.

But, only if the rest of the above suggestion is considered mechanically speaking.

/discuss
I feel noobs wouldnt rage, majority of the people I see doing it are veterans, most PvP servers have this so it is not an uncommon plugin, people will be upset with it no matter what, I mean I am and a lot of other people are upset with the current system right now and its kind of a cheap unfair way to avoid PvP, no other games have something where you can just forcequit and call it a day, so why should ours?

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I feel noobs wouldnt rage, majority of the people I see doing it are veterans, most PvP servers have this so it is not an uncommon plugin, people will be upset with it no matter what, I mean I am and a lot of other people are upset with the current system right now and its kind of a cheap unfair way to avoid PvP, no other games have something where you can just forcequit and call it a day, so why should ours?

This response really deserves merit as a fair argument against the mechanics of our server. Take for example; any major title today with PVP. World of Warcraft, you can't just leave battlegrounds, you're still there, and if you die you risk losing the BG AND suffer consequences for AFK'ing. There's also a 15 or 30 minute AFK timer preventing you from rejoining if you AFK or D/C for too long.

You are actually punished for doing so in many, many games -- I will not list them all. Investigate for yourself if you want to argue this point.

_Trains_

Obsidian
Recently I have noticed that people often logout when they see someone before they enter combat, this method is cowardly and should be punishable.
https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/combattagplus.4775/
With this plugin the issue can be fixed without damaging the player base because it only keeps the player logged in as a npc for 10 seconds and which should be fine for people who want to log out regularly.

Thoughts @Kainzo @Admins?

Written by @MunchlaxHero cause but he's too lazy to post.
I have been constantly attacked by people in other pvp servers, and I have found wimping out and leaving the server a good way to get out of a mess. Not on this server. When I get attacked by people here, I try out my same trick. When I log back in, I discovered I died, and I think this is the thing that Naomi was talking about. I think that this is already enough and nothing more needs to be added.

JacobBurkey

Portal
It is illegal to log once combat tagged; there is nothing wrong with doing it before hand. Cowardly, maybe, but legal. If someone doesn't want to PVP, compelling them to do so doesn't serve the Herocraft community, IMO.
lol wtf...it's not illegal to combat log, if you're combat tagged you die...there's no rule saying you'll get punished for doing it...what are you on

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
This response really deserves merit as a fair argument against the mechanics of our server. Take for example; any major title today with PVP. World of Warcraft, you can't just leave battlegrounds, you're still there, and if you die you risk losing the BG AND suffer consequences for AFK'ing. There's also a 15 or 30 minute AFK timer preventing you from rejoining if you AFK or D/C for too long.

You are actually punished for doing so in many, many games -- I will not list them all. Investigate for yourself if you want to argue this point.
Based on the term "Battleground" I do believe it's safe to assume that is a separate part of things than being in the normal overworld.

As far as that goes, we're fine. Leaving a PvP tournament (the closest parallel to a separate fighting area we have presently) is a loss. Leaving a Duel/BG back when we had those, was a loss. Leaving once you're combat tagged (you know, with that combat tag system we have here) is a death.

There is no mechanic for arenas, or to explicitly flag yourself as openly willing to fight (barring accepting that you will be attacked because people), and this is also Minecraft rather than a proper game engine (oh, the Skill logic we cannot accomplish...).

I do believe we've accomplished the matter as far as necessary for our (odd) situation.

Kenneth_Chow

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
hahah not true lol! proven many times with ken
the problem is hitting them in the first place lmao!!!

The issue has been fixed. You can no longer summon a pet in combat. So unless they come in on a pet they wont have it in combat. Even then a simple AoE can put you in combat or one hit.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
The issue has been fixed. You can no longer summon a pet in combat. So unless they come in on a pet they wont have it in combat. Even then a simple AoE can put you in combat or one hit.
Getting put in combat removes pets, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.