• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Anti camping, economy boosting tweak

downfall325

Legacy Supporter 6
I firmly believe if we tweak our bounties plugin a little to give server bounties on players repeatedly killing someone lets say 4 times in a row the server then places a hefty bounty on them. The bounty would scare the attacker, most pvpers don't want to lose there heads. At the same time bounty farming was a very fun part of the game, when there was 10+ bounties on all the time camping really wasn't an issue because we had roaming pvp squads going just for bounties. if we could hard code town and clans members unable to accept each others bounties it would level the playing fields against bounty rigging as well.

I think bountying the one camping would work better than buffing the one being camped, as it promotes economy growth, and world pvp.

thoughts?

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I firmly believe if we tweak our bounties plugin a little to give server bounties on players repeatedly killing someone lets say 4 times in a row the server then places a hefty bounty on them. The bounty would scare the attacker, most pvpers don't want to lose there heads. At the same time bounty farming was a very fun part of the game, when there was 10+ bounties on all the time camping really wasn't an issue because we had roaming pvp squads going just for bounties. if we could hard code town and clans members unable to accept each others bounties it would level the playing fields against bounty rigging as well.

I think bountying the one camping would work better than buffing the one being camped, as it promotes economy growth, and world pvp.

thoughts?
This is one of the best ideas I've heard in a while.

downfall325

Legacy Supporter 6
Is it possible to integrate Ecocreature and autobounties for killstreaks? we'd really only need a cmd and player interface to set this up, tbh..
So does that mean you approve of my suggestion :p I think it would curve camping a lot and be fairly decent for the economy

downfall325

Legacy Supporter 6
bump because it's relevant with bounty revamp kainzo was speaking of. #don'tforgetaboutgoodideas < worst hash tag ever