• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Another New Arena : "A-Maze-Ing"

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I got a little bored again today, and with some help from my friend WorldEdit I was able to make a new arena 'relatively' easy. Again, I built it while thinking of class balance and hopefully nobody will complain that this map is built too heavily in favour of (insert class name here).

Fun Fact? I set a portion of the arena on fire not once, not twice, but thrice. I'm good at Minecraft.

6jcyvt.png

w9ifr7.png

octbl.png

dh7q77.png

2da0qvo.png

Kainzo The schematic is almost 'headache free'. I was unable to place lava down without it spreading and catching everything in sight on fire. Assuming the server has firespread disabled, would you be able to place lava in all 4 pools? (2 brick pools, 2 netherbrick pools). Other than that, assuming you like the map, everything should be ready to go. I've attached a picture below of where to place the lava incase you're confused.

2rppu14.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1357189452,1357188806][/DOUBLEPOST]Wow... i forgot to add the schematic... oops! Here it is.

Attachments

• aMazeIng.rar
    7.4 KB · Views: 6

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
So a goon playground?
The last map I made Dragoons were complaining that they couldn't jump because the roof was too low. I'm anxious to see this map played out in-game so I can tweak any changes that need to be made to make it less OP for certain classes. Much like class balancing, the same approach is done (or should be done) when making arenas.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
This map has clear dragoon superiority. They can jump to another persons spawn platform before you can even get down!

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
This map has clear dragoon superiority. They can jump to another persons spawn platform before you can even get down!
I may need to lower the roof. Like I said, I'll see how it plays out if/when it gets to be in-game.

EnLight707

Legacy Supporter 2
Rangers/casters will always win against nearly every melee spec by just sitting in the middle of the map on the stonebrick/glowstone path.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Rangers/casters will always win against nearly every melee spec by just sitting in the middle of the map on the stonebrick/glowstone path.

All Melee classes (except for Dreadknight, I believe) have an AOE with a big enough range to knock Rangers/Casters from that area if they're below them.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
All Melee classes (except for Dreadknight, I believe) have an AOE with a big enough range to knock Rangers/Casters from that area if they're below them.
Ninja and Runeblade are melee classes and dont have an AoE to knock people down. Ninja has bow though, but all Runeblade has is an AoE that works like Cleave, so you need to target it on the enemy.