• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Ancient Runestone dropping on death!

Rhombu

Wood
I died with an ancient runestone in my inventory, and it dropped. Simple as that.

Youtube video:

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@Nashah reports he found Ancient Runestones were not soul bound toward the end of Valorium map:
  • His dropped into a deathchest after dying to mobs, dying from suffocation, and doing /kill.
  • Eventually he lost it by dying in lava with no deathchest.
@TimForReal if you are able, please test whether this continues to be a problem this map?

The ingredients for Ancient Runestones are very expensive and I understand the intent is that the item is soul bound. If it's not, it's a bit of a trap for players.

MoeJunur

Staff member
Legacy Supporter 9
@Nashah reports he found Ancient Runestones were not soul bound toward the end of Valorium map:
  • His dropped into a deathchest after dying to mobs, dying from suffocation, and doing /kill.
  • Eventually he lost it by dying in lava with no deathchest.
@TimForReal if you are able, please test whether this continues to be a problem this map?

The ingredients for Ancient Runestones are very expensive and I understand the intent is that the item is soul bound. If it's not, it's a bit of a trap for players.
check the dates, thats an old video, this is a new map Ancient runestone will be needed to be remade for this map. IMO

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
check the dates, thats an old video, this is a new map Ancient runestone will be needed to be remade for this map. IMO
What she's saying was "This was a problem last map, check if it still is (presumably before someone makes one)"

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
We are only talking about two to three weeks ago that I made the Ancient Runestone. So unless it's been worked on lately I think it's safe to assume that they still drop on death.