• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Amnesia

What do you think should be done with piggify?

• Total voters

cschris54321

Soulsand
Well, I am sure a few of you may have noticed that their is a little bug/exploit that comes with piggify/masspiggify. If you right click the pig with your fist then you will dismount it, or you can make a key bind to /dismount. Basically, it makes it so that if your a beguiler, fighting against somebody that knows how to use this simple glitch/bug, then ice bolt is your only cc. I remember a few times people saying that the main point of beguiler is their cc.

A bug report on the forums has been posted about this, and recently I have been told that it is impossible for herocraft to fix and it is coded directly into minecraft. So, my proposal, is that we take out piggify, and put in a new skill, Amnesia. Basically, The beguiler steals the memories of the person afflicted, making them forget how to walk/use spells (immobilize/silences just like piggify does) for 6-7 seconds depending on whether it is Amnesia or Amnesia gas (to replace masspiggify? I don't know what do you guys think?) and breaks on damage all just like piggify does.

Some of you think that this bug/exploit was around on purpose because without it beguilers would be too powerful. Well, Beguilers were nerfed overnight, and now plaguebomb has a cool down of 10 instead of 6, and the damage has been nerfed by 10.

Honestly, to me, against over half of the people I play against already know this glitch before they fight me and use it as soon as they can, making it so I can't get off a single spell in the time they are in their. Without piggify, beguilers is just an low hp low armor ranger with a little bit of team utility.

This isn't about buffing/nerfing beguiler. It about a fun skill being fixed. Other buffs/debuffs may take place after piggify is fixed. Im not saying do this then leave the class how it is and see what happens. I am saying fix this then nerf them if they need it. But leaving an exploitable skill in the game because it would be too hard to balance with it fixed is just pathetic and lazy.

EDIT----- Or, we can keep all the novelty of riding a pig, but just OVERLAY a silence/slow with piggify so if they dismount the pig they are still slowed and silenced. Of course, if you get hit by something it will break the overlay too, so everything breaks at once if you get hit or hit somebody with a dot. I think it would solve everything.

---Thanks for reading, DBAZ, cschris54321

F

Falker57

I like the idea of amnesia but 7 seconds is a bit high. Maybe 4-5 seconds?

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
like jinder did.
this made me laugh for some reason. I said it in like a retarded off topic voice to my self.
back on point. I think that beguiler is fine how it is. even with the glitch to get out of piggify they are still pretty darn good.

cschris54321

Soulsand
this made me laugh for some reason. I said it in like a retarded off topic voice to my self.
back on point. I think that beguiler is fine how it is. even with the glitch to get out of piggify they are still pretty darn good.
What? So your saying that beguiler should just walk around with fireball, plaugebomb (on 10 sec cooldown now) wisdom, pulse dispel and might? For compassion, bards have wisdom pulse, and might, but they also have iceyaora or whatever it is, more armor, more health, and more damage? Even when a beguiler is throwing out plaugebombs every 10 seconds, that is only a total of 660 total damage if the people you are fighting against are stupid enough to group up and you can hit 3 of them. 660 damage every 10 seconds, beguiler in the optimal situation does less damage in a team fight then a bard in a bad situation. Icey aora is almost instant, while plaugebomb can take up to 4 seconds to land, and if you try to throw it on yourself because most likely they will focus you, you will just be killing yourself too. If icy aora disables 3 people on the other team, which is a lot easier then to hit 3 people with plaugebomb, then your party has 6 seconds to pound on 3 people for free, and a good bard should be able to kill any of they easily with ultimate single target damage.

You are saying that its ok for beguiler to have basically 2 fake skills. Imagine somebody gltiching out of empale and jump not working half that time. That is basically beguilers main 2 moves not working is like, execpt dragoons actually have weapon damage to back it up.

Beguilers got their damage nerfed terribly. They have fireball every 4 seconds that does 150 damage, and they have a plaugebomb every 10 seconds that does 220 damage. Keep in mind, both are projectiles, and with the server lag how it is, even the "best" shots miss 50 percent of their hits, and with no cc with icebolt gone and you can't sprint backwards anymore, beguilers are the worst casters for kiting. They litarlly have 0 cc now if you don't replace piggify. THAT is the main point of the class, the cc. They have terrible damage with ice bolt gone and plaugebomb nerfed, and now jbird doesn't even want to FIX their cc. They have terrible damage, no cc and terrible mobility.

Its just shows how jbird just wants casters nerfed so he can easily beat rouges beacuse they need a buff and beat casters even harder now. People like this, people who lose to a good beguiler as a warrior spec and wants them nerfed and calls them op because they can't beat them even they they counter your class, and now they don't even want to fix a BROKEN skill. They just want a class to be bad with broken skills that are easily made useless. Tell me jbird, how are beguilers better then any other caster class? Wizards have fireball just like them, and megabolt has similar damage to plaugebomb, but you can't miss it. Oh, yeah, it has a warmup. I guess your vulrable to nothing, since the beguiler will have his fireball and plaugebomb on cooldown most likely while you spam root, ice bolt, megabolt, fireball, and firewave and do it all over again.

Beguilers are made for cc, and it doesn't even work. To say that it doesn't need to be changed is just plain dumb. Its like saying rouges need to loose all of their damage or paladins need to loose all of their armor. People only think beguilers are good because most people on the server are warrior specs, when atm any beguiler would be less us full in a team fight or in a 1v1 then a warrior beacuse of the nerfs and lack of cc.

I DO NOT want beguilers buffed. I want them FIXED. Just replace piggify and masspiggify or do something because wizards can do everything they can but 10x better.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
What? So your saying that beguiler should just walk around with fireball, plaugebomb (on 10 sec cooldown now) wisdom, pulse dispel and might? For compassion, bards have wisdom pulse, and might, but they also have iceyaora or whatever it is, more armor, more health, and more damage? Even when a beguiler is throwing out plaugebombs every 10 seconds, that is only a total of 660 total damage if the people you are fighting against are stupid enough to group up and you can hit 3 of them. 660 damage every 10 seconds, beguiler in the optimal situation does less damage in a team fight then a bard in a bad situation. Icey aora is almost instant, while plaugebomb can take up to 4 seconds to land, and if you try to throw it on yourself because most likely they will focus you, you will just be killing yourself too. If icy aora disables 3 people on the other team, which is a lot easier then to hit 3 people with plaugebomb, then your party has 6 seconds to pound on 3 people for free, and a good bard should be able to kill any of they easily with ultimate single target damage.
Any kind of caster should be able to kite. if you kite you should be fine in 1v1's. Beguiler is a support class, they are much better in team fights. the nerfs made it so they could not easily 1v1 any class in this game (which they could)

You are saying that its ok for beguiler to have basically 2 fake skills. Imagine somebody gltiching out of empale and jump not working half that time. That is basically beguilers main 2 moves not working is like, execpt dragoons actually have weapon damage to back it up.
these skills are not "fake". The piggify still gives you some time to get out a fireball, even if the person glitches out of it they slow down for a little.

Beguilers got their damage nerfed terribly. They have fireball every 4 seconds that does 150 damage, and they have a plaugebomb every 10 seconds that does 220 damage. Keep in mind, both are projectiles, and with the server lag how it is, even the "best" shots miss 50 percent of their hits, and with no cc with icebolt gone and you can't sprint backwards anymore, beguilers are the worst casters for kiting. They litarlly have 0 cc now if you don't replace piggify. THAT is the main point of the class, the cc. They have terrible damage with ice bolt gone and plaugebomb nerfed, and now jbird doesn't even want to FIX their cc. They have terrible damage, no cc and terrible mobility.
Server doesn't really lag that badly, I have seen people hit a person who was running 50-100 blocks away with a fireball. your fireball argument doesn't even work because that's what piggify is supposed to be for. I do belive that beuigler should get a slow instead of piggify but not a stun.

Its just shows how jbird just wants casters nerfed so he can easily beat rouges beacuse they need a buff and beat casters even harder now. People like this, people who lose to a good beguiler as a warrior spec and wants them nerfed and calls them op because they can't beat them even they they counter your class, and now they don't even want to fix a BROKEN skill. They just want a class to be bad with broken skills that are easily made useless. Tell me jbird, how are beguilers better then any other caster class? Wizards have fireball just like them, and megabolt has similar damage to plaugebomb, but you can't miss it. Oh, yeah, it has a warmup. I guess your vulrable to nothing, since the beguiler will have his fireball and plaugebomb on cooldown most likely while you spam root, ice bolt, megabolt, fireball, and firewave and do it all over again.
no just no. you cant compare wizards and beguilers, one is better for teams the other is better for 1v1s. also I do not want a stun and a mass stun on beguilers because that would be extremely overpowered.

Beguilers are made for cc, and it doesn't even work. To say that it doesn't need to be changed is just plain dumb. Its like saying rouges need to loose all of their damage or paladins need to loose all of their armor. People only think beguilers are good because most people on the server are warrior specs, when atm any beguiler would be less us full in a team fight or in a 1v1 then a warrior beacuse of the nerfs and lack of cc.
your over reacting here, beguilers do have cc 3 moves if im not mistaken. they can still kite and hit fireballs and all their other skills in 1v1sl. they are amazing in teamfights because of their buffs and aoe damage.

I DO NOT want beguilers buffed. I want them FIXED. Just replace piggify and masspiggify or do something because wizards can do everything they can but 10x better.
wizards cant even nearly team fight as well as beguilers. beguilers can buff their entire team. a aoe cc move that will stop everyone, a aoe damage, and a skill to throw someone entirely out of a battle (beguile).

All in all I think that beguilers should get a slow instead of a stun, to replace piggify. or get piggify fixed. (if that possible)

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
Get off my thread if your not going to be on topic. Your just wasting space. People who can't support their argument so they directly insult the player make me sick.
sorry its just that it took me awhile to go in-between a league game and making a response.
also why did you mark it bad spelling?

cschris54321

Soulsand
All in all I think that beguilers should get a slow instead of a stun, to replace piggify. or get piggify fixed. (if that possible)
So you either want piggify nerfed and changed, or fixed(which is impossible). Piggify was a stun before everyone dismounted it. Whats wrong with having the same thing expect not on a pig, or Keeping piggify entirely but if they dismount it they are slowed/stunned and silenced?

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
So you either want piggify nerfed and changed, or fixed(which is impossible). Piggify was a stun before everyone dismounted it. Whats wrong with having the same thing expect not on a pig, or Keeping piggify entirely but if they dismount it they are slowed/stunned and silenced?
after watching beguilers fight with me after the nerf, I see no reason for them to be buffed. their new skill beguile is very good at keeping somone off you, and you still have time to hit them with something if you get them piggified.

cschris54321

Soulsand
after watching beguilers fight with me after the nerf, I see no reason for them to be buffed. their new skill beguile is very good at keeping somone off you, and you still have time to hit them with something if you get them piggified.
Just because you are a warrior spec and you can't kill them or its hard for you doesn't mean you can accurately judge beguiler, and you say they have enough time to get something off, your basically telling us that its balanced if piggify is 1 second long. Just because he might be able to get a skill off on you because you can't get out of it quick enough (some people can get out of it in less then a second), doesn't mean that was the intention when they made the skill. When beguiler was being balanced the balance team didn't take into account the piggify dismount bug. That means its balanced with piggify being fixed/changed to a skill with the same effect that can't be easily dismounted.

The fact that beguilers would be overpowered if it was fixed is a stupid point to make. They can just balance the class with taking out something elts. But to leave a skill were a person might have a distinct advantage because they know a bug is unacceptable. I am not trying to get my class buffed. This isn't about buffing beguilers. I trying to get a fun skill fixed so the class is better as a whole and herocraft feels more professional as a whole.

Because just allowing a exploitable skill to be their for over 3 mouths is just disgusting. The sad thing is after I made a bug appeal and this thread has been up for over a week nothing has been done to fix it.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
Just because you are a warrior spec and you can't kill them or its hard for you doesn't mean you can accurately judge beguiler, and you say they have enough time to get something off, your basically telling us that its balanced if piggify is 1 second long. Just because he might be able to get a skill off on you because you can't get out of it quick enough (some people can get out of it in less then a second), doesn't mean that was the intention when they made the skill. When beguiler was being balanced the balance team didn't take into account the piggify dismount bug. That means its balanced with piggify being fixed/changed to a skill with the same effect that can't be easily dismounted.

The fact that beguilers would be overpowered if it was fixed is a stupid point to make. They can just balance the class with taking out something elts. But to leave a skill were a person might have a distinct advantage because they know a bug is unacceptable. I am not trying to get my class buffed. This isn't about buffing beguilers. I trying to get a fun skill fixed so the class is better as a whole and herocraft feels more professional as a whole.

Because just allowing a exploitable skill to be their for over 3 mouths is just disgusting. The sad thing is after I made a bug appeal and this thread has been up for over a week nothing has been done to fix it.
Do you know how to read? I said WITH me not AGAINST me. I fight side by side by beguilers and they do perfectly fine. they don't need piggify to be fixed, they need fireball and plague bomb reverted to what they were or buffed. beguilers can easily land a piggify than fireball and always hit. also piggify still definatly slows down the player.

cschris54321

Soulsand
Do you know how to read? I said WITH me not AGAINST me. I fight side by side by beguilers and they do perfectly fine. they don't need piggify to be fixed, they need fireball and plague bomb reverted to what they were or buffed. beguilers can easily land a piggify than fireball and always hit. also piggify still defiantly slows down the player.

I don't understand this. I would rather have a disfunctional skill fixed so it isn't exploitable, but now you want to just keep it exploitable, completely ignore a broken skill all map, and buff their damage on their projectiles. Beguiler isn't about doing a lot of damage, its about having long, fun, working crowd control, and right now they just don't have that with piggify only ccing for max 1 second before they dismount it and run at you and kill you. I don't care if it slows for 1 second. Thats not what was intended. Thats not what I wanted when I first decided at the beggining of the map when they didn't have ice bolt or beguile.

Jbird, I don't know why you don't want a broken skill in herocraft to be fixed. Maybe its because it is the only way you will win a fight against this class, or you think that 1 seconds of cc or less was intended as a skill in herocraft, or you think that this dismount was intended. But honestly, I want this skill fixed because it is a skill, and to have an exploitable skill in herocraft just ruins the balance of the class, it ruins the play style of the class, and it ruins a lot of the fun you can have with the class.

You cant really judge how terrible of a feeling it is to have a piggify set up on somebody and have your whole team coming to kill them because your oom or something, and the guy glitches out of piggify and gets away, unless that happens to you. You can't judge if they should fix piggify unless your the one using it. Ask a beguiler if they should fix piggify, not a warrior that will directly affect him in a negative way, and we will see if we get a different opinion.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
im not even going to post here any more, your to ignorant and biased to take in someone else s opinions.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
Don't compare bard to beguiler, they are nothing alike, you make melodic bindings sound better than it is, it's a slow not a root. Bard aoe's don't do nearly the amount of damage you were suggest, bard is a full on support class, beguiler isn't.