• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Allied Town/ Enemy Town Colored Names

RagingDragon5

Portal
There is no point of adding someone to Ally if you aren't able to tell them apart. I suggest allied town citizens name changes to purple or some other color.

Edit: Also make it so enemy town citizens show up as red

Last edited:

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
This is a fantastic idea. I know that some towns don't even bother with allies because there is no way to distinguish who is an ally. And frankly... It sucks getting attacked by everyone to see on the roads because you never know who is an enemy and who is not

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
This is a fantastic idea. I know that some towns don't even bother with allies because there is no way to distinguish who is an ally. And frankly... It sucks getting attacked by everyone to see on the roads because you never know who is an enemy and who is not
Imagine being a kingdom with 4 towns. ;)

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Agree with this. It will actually make it that having allies would actually be useful. Though I am not sure if this will be implemented. Would be nice though.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
If this will be implanted the big issue would be the colors really (surprisingly a small decision would end up becoming a big one.)

I think colors should be simple.

Allies: Green (keep it simple, although purple would be a nice one too <3)
Neutral: White! or possibly yellow?

Enemies: Red (obv)

EDIT: As for "hostile" i don't quite understand what that is, but im assuming it means when someone attacks you until their untagged from combat they are "hostile" <<< so if that's right then make it yellow.

Azzezima

Legacy Supporter 5
If this will be implanted the big issue would be the colors really (surprisingly a small decision would end up becoming a big one.)

I think colors should be simple.

Allies: Green (keep it simple, although purple would be a nice one too <3)
Neutral: White! or possibly yellow?

Enemies: Red (obv)

EDIT: As for "hostile" i don't quite understand what that is, but im assuming it means when someone attacks you until their untagged from combat they are "hostile" <<< so if that's right then make it yellow.
Hello,
Yes, that is exactly what i meant and green makes more sence for allies.
Sorry bro :)

-Azzezima-

Last edited:

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
That would be amazing. I find people in towns may know they are allied with another town, but don't know all the individual townies in said town. This would make wondering around much more fun.

Just knowing for sure where you stand with strangers.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
So whatever happened to this? Feel this should be necro'd because we still have a random command that does nothing in game.

@TheYeti @Kainzo @gabizou @0xNaomi

This is working.

/town setrank <name> guest (Puts players name in blue)
/town setrank <name> enemy (Puts players name in red)
/town setrank <name> none (Removes color)

HP Bars do not show if set to a rank, ally or enemy.

DJAlphaWolf

Legacy Supporter 6
This is working.

/town setrank <name> guest (Puts players name in blue)
/town setrank <name> enemy (Puts players name in red)
/town setrank <name> none (Removes color)

HP Bars do not show if set to a rank, ally or enemy.
Well that sets individuals as a guest, enemy, or none. I was wondering if it might be possible to set entire towns as "allies"/"enemies" and display it visibly with a colored name or some other method at the very least. We'd have to go through entire town lists to set them all as enemies/allies using /town setrank.

It might also be nice to add in a way to display the diplomatic relations of a town. After doing /town ally or /town war, there isn't any way, as far as I'm aware, to check those relations. Correct me if I'm wrong, however. But this is a whole other suggestion altogether anyways.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Well that sets individuals as a guest, enemy, or none. I was wondering if it might be possible to set entire towns as "allies"/"enemies" and display it visibly with a colored name or some other method at the very least. We'd have to go through entire town lists to set them all as enemies/allies using /town setrank.

It might also be nice to add in a way to display the diplomatic relations of a town. After doing /town ally or /town war, there isn't any way, as far as I'm aware, to check those relations. Correct me if I'm wrong, however. But this is a whole other suggestion altogether anyways.
Ah I see, my mistake.