• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Alchemists; Transmutation and Heresy (We're begging you for mycelium)

Volkaine

Stone
There are some things I have been thinking about, namely the empty space between 30 and 50 for alchemists and more so, block recipes.

[Falsebook-Cauldron] - Mycelium recipe; (2 diamond blocks, 5 grass blocks, 5 red mushrooms)

The biggest and most obvious one that players have been saying would be Mycelium, the recipe in all of their forms should include a grass block. Tedious you say? It should be. To be honest it should involve 1 or 2 diamond blocks, a grass block and a red mushroom.

Another thing that would be fun to see in game, would be an ability at 40 or 45 which would allow an alchemist to create spawn eggs using a cauldron recipe. Of course these recipes should be intensely expensive and increasingly difficult to make depending on the creation. These creatures would behave as they normally would, as variant an unpredictable as they normally are found in the wilds.

However creating life well known and agreed amongst experienced alchemists is a sin against nature and should most definitely bring bad karma...

On the other side of the coin, I was also thinking about the transmute ore ability, and how an alchemist is not only known for creation but for being able to turn an element inside out. To a more relevant point would be aside from engineers, recalling, and certain designs, that redstone has limited uses and should somehow be involved in many of the new recipes should they be implimented.

The only example I can think of would be turning redstone into Lapis, but even that would be limited use for redstone in alchemy.

But absolute must, a taxing recipe for mycelium would be greatly appreciated.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
Potion brewing was moved to level 45 by the way. But anyways, I agree with this fully since alchemists are becoming little blah since chain mail is one of the only good things from cauldron and potions got nerfed so less people are using them. Also less of a cool down on transmute ore would be helpful and make it more like deconstruct. (10s warmup).

Volkaine

Stone
Alternative; have transmute ore consume 15-25 mana and have a 5 second cast time.

64 coal still is a pain to collect, so is iron. Collectively the cost of a transmute outweighs it's cooldown.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Volkaine said:
However creating life well known and agreed amongst experienced alchemists is a sin against nature and should most definitely bring bad karma...
Dafuq.

Aetosion

Obsidian
FMA=/=HC-A

Let's try looking at medievalish alchemy instead of anime. I'm guessing Kainzo was thinking more about medieval/classic RPG alchemy when creating the profession, not some moderately obscure anime series that
Encyclopedia Dramatica said:
... is a crazy animu/manga about a boy and his robot/metal unicorn.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
Let's try looking at medievalish alchemy instead of anime. I'm guessing Kainzo was thinking more about medieval/classic RPG alchemy when creating the profession.
Remember, this is a game, which is more realistic to an anime than real life.

ezmac

ICE ICE ICE!
FMA=/=HC-A

Let's try looking at medievalish alchemy instead of anime. I'm guessing Kainzo was thinking more about medieval/classic RPG alchemy when creating the profession, not some moderately obscure anime series that

I was really upset when I found out that Alchemists were completely different. :p

I like the Idea of the skills, but Alchemist have potions and that is their thing now. They have better and more usful skills than some of the other crafter spec's. I think that buffing them would create an imbalance with those other class.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
I like the Idea of the skills, but Alchemist have potions and that is their thing now. They have better and more useful skills than some of the other crafter spec's. I think that buffing them would create an imbalance with those other class.
Not when potions that most people used are completely uselss. The class got a giant nerf because of it. Then the nerf to cauldrons (mycelium got taken away).

Volkaine

Stone
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alchemy

There are several notations of people trying to create life using alchemy. Obviously failing, but it's there. If you need to troll, please don't do it here.

FMA=/=HC-A

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Will take some time but I think we can do the new recipe for mycelium - based off of medieval stuff, not some crap anime :)