• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Alchemists making Emeralds

Emeralds are a very nice thing to have because they give you mana, however they are much harder to collect than diamonds due to them being restricted to spawning in a specific biome, seeing as how alchemists can craft diamonds, it would be good for them to be able to make emeralds to help casters with mana issues in the dungeons where mana can run low fast.

Last edited:

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
AMEN! Alchemist is struggling pretty badly because of heaven's gate and all the mobs that come with it. Because of it, many slimes are easy to farm in the t1 dungeon, and provide very easy slimeballs, one of the only ways an alchemist made more than a couple bucks per potion. This could possibly help Alchemist by producing something of value that they don't have to mass produce to make a good bit of money. For example, each class has some sort of item that sells for a lot that it can make, excluding merchant and engineer for special circumstances. For example, Blacksmiths easily make a ton of money because of the demand for tools and armor, farmers make a lot as well in leather sales alone, Runesmiths CAN make some large amounts of money on occasional orders (I think runesmith is in a worse position than Alchemist, sadly.) Miners can usually "smeltgold" skill for a ton of gold, and then sell it, also with the passive double ore drop bonus, miners can make a lot of money in a short time. Alchemist and Runesmiths are the only ones left in the dust. People only go alchemist when they're providing potions for their town etc. Diamonds are only valuable, and the CD on the Transmute skill makes it a bitch to produce those effectively (Psst...reduce it, to say, 30 seconds?) Adding emeralds would complete the mana/stamina munch set, giving Alchemist that little bit of value to make up for its lack of use in everyday money making.

Especially since they can only make like 4 useful potions, one of which is obscenely hard to procure ingredients for. Or better yet, remove the emerald/mana and diamond/stamina thing and add mana and stamina potions. Reasons: There's a drinking animation, preventing people from munching like 12 in a fight and regaining full mana. It looks better and makes more sense (Can YOU bite down and eat a diamond?), and adds to the pool of potions that alchemist can make.

Also, for fuck's sake fix those useless cauldron recipes. I'd say a solid 40-50% of them are completely useless in the Alchemist's kit. Try adding ways to produce new ingredients, such as rabbit feet, which are not easy to collect otherwise.

~A concerned iAlchemist.

Yes, I don't structure my statements, No, I will not change it.

AMEN! Alchemist is struggling pretty badly because of heaven's gate and all the mobs that come with it. Because of it, many slimes are easy to farm in the t1 dungeon, and provide very easy slimeballs, one of the only ways an alchemist made more than a couple bucks per potion. This could possibly help Alchemist by producing something of value that they don't have to mass produce to make a good bit of money. For example, each class has some sort of item that sells for a lot that it can make, excluding merchant and engineer for special circumstances. For example, Blacksmiths easily make a ton of money because of the demand for tools and armor, farmers make a lot as well in leather sales alone, Runesmiths CAN make some large amounts of money on occasional orders (I think runesmith is in a worse position than Alchemist, sadly.) Miners can usually "smeltgold" skill for a ton of gold, and then sell it, also with the passive double ore drop bonus, miners can make a lot of money in a short time. Alchemist and Runesmiths are the only ones left in the dust. People only go alchemist when they're providing potions for their town etc. Diamonds are only valuable, and the CD on the Transmute skill makes it a bitch to produce those effectively (Psst...reduce it, to say, 30 seconds?) Adding emeralds would complete the mana/stamina munch set, giving Alchemist that little bit of value to make up for its lack of use in everyday money making.

Especially since they can only make like 4 useful potions, one of which is obscenely hard to procure ingredients for. Or better yet, remove the emerald/mana and diamond/stamina thing and add mana and stamina potions. Reasons: There's a drinking animation, preventing people from munching like 12 in a fight and regaining full mana. It looks better and makes more sense (Can YOU bite down and eat a diamond?), and adds to the pool of potions that alchemist can make.

Also, for fuck's sake fix those useless cauldron recipes. I'd say a solid 40-50% of them are completely useless in the Alchemist's kit. Try adding ways to produce new ingredients, such as rabbit feet, which are not easy to collect otherwise.

~A concerned iAlchemist.

Yes, I don't structure my statements, No, I will not change it.

I agree with you :) all I wanted to do in minecraft is being a drug seller (Alchemist) and on HC alchemist dont stad out that much that is why I agree.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Emeralds are a very nice thing to have because they give you mana, however they are much harder to collect than diamonds due to them being restricted to spawning in a specific biome, seeing as how alchemists can craft diamonds, it would be good for them to be able to make emeralds to help casters with mana issues in the dungeons where mana can run low fast.
Buy some from my shop, by now i think I have like 3 stacks of blocks

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Reasons: There's a drinking animation, preventing people from munching like 12 in a fight and regaining full mana.
Have you ever... used this system? There's a decently long cooldown on doing this.
You will never regain full mana from emeralds in a fight, unless you're fighting an extended war of attrition or something.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Too be honest the diamond and emerald supply is not low, just go mining for a little bit we do not need more ways of getting ores, while I agree alchemist needs an improvement, making it supply emeralds is not a good option, since majority of the server has a good amount of both diamonds and emeralds. Try to find another thing that could be added to its skills.

Too be honest the diamond and emerald supply is not low, just go mining for a little bit we do not need more ways of getting ores, while I agree alchemist needs an improvement, making it supply emeralds is not a good option, since majority of the server has a good amount of both diamonds and emeralds. Try to find another thing that could be added to its skills.
i dont know about you, but my diamond supply is way higher than my emeralds, and i have nearly mastered every prof that requires mining, and if you use emeralds for mana, that supply will drop faster than diamonds. i have no issue with diamonds at all

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
i dont know about you, but my diamond supply is way higher than my emeralds, and i have nearly mastered every prof that requires mining, and if you use emeralds for mana, that supply will drop faster than diamonds. i have no issue with diamonds at all
I have mastered every profession, I have actually more emeralds then diamonds, thats mainly because I sell them, I suggest looking for them in warshards and also not you use them for leveling, I only use emeralds for PvP