• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Alchemist - divide transmute into separate skills

Again, im not interested in having the transmute cooldowns be much lower than 2 minutes - if there were multiple skills, each would be about that cooldown.

This is an economic thing. Unlimited and much faster transmute times will adversely effect the economy.

One does not turn coal into diamonds overnight.

Ok, but currently there is little benefit for this. If you take the average price of coal to be 3c and the average price of diamonds to be 5c, you can only make a measly 60c an hour by doing this. Whereas a miner can smelt gold at much faster speeds for much more money. If these small changes listed above were made, the price of coal would likely rise anyway, and an alchemist still wouldn't receive as much money as a miner would, because gold ingots have a fixed price.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Ok, but currently there is little benefit for this. If you take the average price of coal to be 3c and the average price of diamonds to be 5c, you can only make a measly 60c an hour by doing this. Whereas a miner can smelt gold at much faster speeds for much more money. If these small changes listed above were made, the price of coal would likely rise anyway, and an alchemist still wouldn't receive as much money as a miner would, because gold ingots have a fixed price.

You are forgetting to mention that if you mine for 1 hour instead of transmuting for 1 hour you will get a half stack of gold, diamonds and a few stacks of coal and redstone instead of just a half a stack of diamond from your already mined coal. So with this HUGE gap in the value of time spent there will generally be very little time spent on transmuting as the extremely long cooldown actually causes the LOSS of coin instead of an acquisition of it.

I have only been here from Dragon to Bastion Kainzo so perhaps you can shed some history on me. Has the value of diamonds historically every dropped and stayed below 4.5c? I cannot imagine that an influx of 10,000 diamonds server wide (640,000 coal removed) would even budge the economy as it takes 3,100 diamonds for a city upgrade. If anything, I would imagine with the current economy that Diamonds would remain at 4.5-5c and that the value of a stack of coal would rise to 4c which would cause a light chain reaction as the cost to smelt would rise giving a minor bump to the value of cooked items.