• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Air Ships, and Water ships

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Hello, It's been quite a while since my last suggestion, and this is my big comeback!

A couple days ago, I started work on planning a massive survival build, and it involves a port town. In the sky. Now, as it is, there is no way to easily to transport LARGE quantities of anything, and/or sky travel (Excluding perks). I want to suggest a way to implement a sort of fast travel across large areas of water or air.

In a way, I think of it as a extension of the township plugin. The creation of a functioning airship would involve several built structures before starting on the requirements.

First, you would build a sky-dock, to house your ships. The larger the dock, the more ships you can have travel between your docks. The docks would have to be a huge structure, big enough to have at least 3 very large air-ships. Next a town would have to build an airship of fine quality, and for it to be approved for flight, an architect( Or admin) would have to "OK" it. This in itself would require an insane amount wood, stone, and wool.

Even after all that, the hard part hasn't begun. The town would then have to complete the same type of check list for the creation of a hamlet. (X) amount wood, iron, wool, string, water-buckets, food, coal, gunpowder etc. After all that is complete, the airship will be complete.

For the working function of the airships, the owner would set the rotation of travel for the airship with something like:
/airship rotationset 4 camelot newerth nevermore newerth

Then depending how far each settlement is, the time would increase or decrease. (1 min for every 250 blocks?)

Then the owner might want to touch up on the time spent in dock at Camelot, because he's transporting a mass of cobble:
/airship dock or /airship dock 60 (60mins)

This would pause the cycle. To resume, just wait out the timer or:
/airship resumerotaion

Now, the ship will always look like its docked (unless its possible to make it disappear when the server is showing it is currently in flight, causing all the ports to show it is not there), so to check the arrival time, one would just
/airship (name) arrival (town)

Since its just a rotation, maybe the town will set up signs.

To board(Must be within a cuboid of 3)
/airship (name) board

While boarded, you will teleport to a separate world, With the look of the real haven or shrine. While boarded or not yet, One to check when its leaving with:
/airship (name) depature

When the airship departs, you will be teleported again to a different point in the same world(Or different), at build limit, and will stay in that world until the ship arrives at the next port. PvP will be enabled, so if the owner decides to ban certain individuals he can just:
/airship (name) setkarma(<, > or =) (number)

This will cause all people with the karma level higher or lower then the set amount not able to board. After the airship boards, just:
/airship leave

To load an airship with mats, just:
/airship deposit (Amount)

The airship will have a set amount of room.

I think that concludes my idea for ships. The idea is exactly the same for water bound ships. Perhaps a much less expensive version. Thank you for reading this incredibly detailed idea of airships.