• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Age bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Well how would the admins actually know how old they are? Unless you tell someone or tell on yourself.

G4M3R_117

TNT
Meh I'm just glad I was 13 when I signed up!
If I had been denied the whitelist I most likely wouldn't have ever tried to come back. :x

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Well how would the admins actually know how old they are? Unless you tell someone or tell on yourself.
They are like 12 or younger they're stupid. Most of them blab to someone eventually.

MR_DIG

TNT
Regardless, i think there is another factor for why someone lies about their age. For some people online security and anonymity is desired. I know that this server application does not really ask for much besides age and general location, but the amount of information about a single person on the web today is pretty frightening. If anyone was extremely strict about how much personal information they let the world see, lying about their age is not that bad, so long as its being used for security purposes (hopefully not malicious ones).

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I can understand someone lying about their age for the matter of online security. But a lot of the age bans I see are either from A: them blabbing to someone on the server about their age, thus defeating the purpose of lying about their age in the first place, or B: another application is found on a different forum which lists a different age. This could mean either that they're younger, or perhaps just like lying. That lack of consistency does not usually speak well of them, and it's honestly never fun to be lied to, you know?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Regardless, i think there is another factor for why someone lies about their age. For some people online security and anonymity is desired. I know that this server application does not really ask for much besides age and general location, but the amount of information about a single person on the web today is pretty frightening. If anyone was extremely strict about how much personal information they let the world see, lying about their age is not that bad, so long as its being used for security purposes (hopefully not malicious ones).
That's all well and good but most people that lie about their age are people under 13 that just want access to the server. There is no way to test for what you have stated there so if we find them they get banned regardless

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
Why do we have to know how old someone is again? Why not just determine their intellect/maturity level by the coherence of their application?

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
Well I guess if someone doesn't want to put their age there could be an "Are you 13 or older?" question in its place

Neotetro

Legacy Supporter 3
Why do we have to know how old someone is again? Why not just determine their intellect/maturity level by the coherence of their application?

I quote myself from earlier...

Second, as whitemage said, you need to be 13 to agree with the TOS. Plus, a lot of the talk on this server is adult oriented. Kids shouldn't really here a lot of this stuff haha.

It's the law, and there are no exceptions.

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!

Second, as whitemage said, you need to be 13 to agree with the TOS. Plus, a lot of the talk on this server is adult oriented. Kids shouldn't really here a lot of this stuff haha.

That sounds like a parents job.

Secondly if a parent gives consent, then it is legal. 13 is the legal age to consent on your own. Letting your kid on the computer = consent.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9

I'd have to agree with Neo on the adult oriented stuff. Kids should not hear the things we talk about on here lol *cough*Neo talking about bleeding out his dick*cough*

Neotetro

Legacy Supporter 3
That sounds like a parents job.

Secondly if a parent gives consent, then it is legal. 13 is the legal age to consent on your own. Letting your kid on the computer = consent.

Not with the TOS Herocraft carries. I quote from the TOS posted by Seratt...

"YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OLD."

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
A parents job, not Herocrafts.
Well here's an idea. We could have a system for kids under 13 where they have to have their parents give them permission to play on the server like many other online games do. When the parents fill out this form they should be able to have the option to opt their child out of public chats.

Neotetro

Legacy Supporter 3
that is not Law that is a stipulation of the server.

Law of the server. Ultimately it's up to the server to decide, and this is what they've set as the preferred age. Didn't mean law as in outside of the server rules, sorry about the failure to clarify.

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
Well here's an idea. We could have a system for kids under 13 where they have to have their parents give them permission to play on the server like many other online games do. When the parents fill out this form they should be able to have the option to opt their child out of public chats.
haha that is the best idea ever.

Seratt

Inquisitor Generalis
Founder
The original thought was to make the server 16 to 18+. We won't lower the age. If I find anyone is under 13 it will always be an automatic ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.