• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Admin Pvp Events

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Most of the events we have are just for Pve and as much as I love hitting something that is standing still for 10mins I would also like something maybe a bit more challenging. Why not host Zo events or bring back the undercity I remember in multiple maps the admin events worked extremely well, ty @Danda for being the Zo. Why not bring back events like these it only helps the server. Also Global events random times when theres more then 80+ people on the server and admin can spawn a castle somewhere in the wilderness and everyones objective is to kill the boss or admin or whatever objective you want to make it. It just adds to content and thats honestly what we need right now and I don't think copying and editing a castle in would take to long for staff.

Thanks. remember its only a suggestion <3

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Most of the events we have are just for Pve and as much as I love hitting something that is standing still for 10mins I would also like something maybe a bit more challenging. Why not host Zo events or bring back the undercity I remember in multiple maps the admin events worked extremely well, ty @Danda for being the Zo. Why not bring back events like these it only helps the server. Also Global events random times when theres more then 80+ people on the server and admin can spawn a castle somewhere in the wilderness and everyones objective is to kill the boss or admin or whatever objective you want to make it. It just adds to content and thats honestly what we need right now and I don't think copying and editing a castle in would take to long for staff.

Thanks. remember its only a suggestion <3
I tried a few different things to change things up, and maybe it was just bad player samples but they were always very rough.

Stuff like DoD won't be returning, but a 10 v 1 Zo fight could theoretically return.

Things like castle require setting up (And thus removal) of regions and require an actual castle to paste, so they're doable, just a bit more tricky.

I really don't have the time to run stuff solo (Though I can try to work some out) but I'm all ears for events to do. Josh and Kenn have helped in the past, so I'm sure we can get something set.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
When instanced dungeons are finished it isn't too unreasonable to use that same framework for an event instance
This is true.

We also currently lack an Event server, so once that's back up we can utilize that.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I tried a few different things to change things up, and maybe it was just bad player samples but they were always very rough.

Stuff like DoD won't be returning, but a 10 v 1 Zo fight could theoretically return.

Things like castle require setting up (And thus removal) of regions and require an actual castle to paste, so they're doable, just a bit more tricky.

I really don't have the time to run stuff solo (Though I can try to work some out) but I'm all ears for events to do. Josh and Kenn have helped in the past, so I'm sure we can get something set.
Yea I have to say I usually ran into issues with player interest when I changed things up. I remember attempting a contract based world PvP event where each player that opted in would receive a target from the players that opted in and would receive their targets contract when they completed their own. out of 60-70 people that entered there were at most 5 kills total after the week long event, too many people opted in and never participated.

One event that did work well for me though was a treasure hunt I made where I hid several riddles across the map where each riddle would hint at the next one's location.

That event was pretty popular and by nature promoted PvP as it gave people a reason to leave their homes and explore the world.

EDIT: I also told players they had to take a screenshot of themselves at each location to prove they'd actually travelled to each one and hadn't just been told the next riddle by another player. :p
All screenshots had to be submitted once you'd visited every location.

Last edited:

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Yea I have to say I usually ran into issues with player interest when I changed things up. I remember attempting a contract based world PvP event where each player that opted in would receive a target from the players that opted in and would receive their targets contract when they completed their own. out of 60-70 people that entered there were at most 5 kills total after the week long event, too many people opted in and never participated.

One event that did work well for me though was a treasure hunt I made where I hid several riddles across the map where each riddle would hint at the next one's location.

That event was pretty popular and by nature promoted PvP as it gave people a reason to leave their homes and explore the world.

EDIT: I also told players they had to take a screenshot of themselves at each location to prove they'd actually travelled to each one and hadn't just been told the next riddle by another player. :p
All screenshots had to be submitted once you'd visited every location.

Sounds good I think anything that is put randomly across the map whether it be a pvp or pve event will spark more player to player interaction =]

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Honestly I hate the event server. If I'm not using all of my stuff from survival that I've either gathered or earned myself it might as well be a different game
Thing it, it allows for:

A controlled environment. I have complete control over classes, skills, gear, and the arena on event.
More approachable PvP: It allows anyone to come fight since you don't have to worry about your survival level, coin cost to get to/from tourney, losing gear etc. I've toyed around with the idea of having a Tournament ON the event server, but at the time I talked about it, it really didn't seem like it would go well. Maybe it's different now.

The most I could probably do would be set a portal to the arena, really would have to discuss with Kainzo on anything else.

I had the idea to use the /hunt treasure chests, but they were removed and I never really followed up. This is a cool one, and isn't all that hard to get set up, just requires pre-planning.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I'd rather see duels come back personally. The only barrier or entry was your level because it gives you the items and does everything you just praised the event server for doing

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I'd rather see duels come back personally. The only barrier or entry was your level because it gives you the items and does everything you just praised the event server for doing
The Arena had issues, like losing items or teleporting to the wrong spot etc.

It's possible they've been fixed or we can use a different plugin, but that's up to Kain.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6

Or even the simple task, on Haven, to have special mobs for leveling and dropped certain items in that time period.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6

https://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/the-aporkalypse-is-upon-us.51142/
https://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/events-easter-weekend-egg-hunt-spleef-tourney-more.51499/

These were simple but pretty alright events. The server can die out for not having much to do. But back on Bastion and Haven their were many events that kept a good amount of the player base. I honestly think Events should be such a high priority of the server. When I was Mod, I was Head of the Event Team but couldn't set up any events since Kainzo wouldn't give me an Event world to which I could have Admin on.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Or even the simple task, on Haven, to have special mobs for leveling and dropped certain items in that time period.
It's easy to add things, but they need to be made, and I really don't have the time.
If people wanna make Items/Mobs for events I'll gladly orchestrate working them in.

https://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/the-aporkalypse-is-upon-us.51142/
https://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/events-easter-weekend-egg-hunt-spleef-tourney-more.51499/

These were simple but pretty alright events. The server can die out for not having much to do. But back on Bastion and Haven their were many events that kept a good amount of the player base. I honestly think Events should be such a high priority of the server. When I was Mod, I was Head of the Event Team but couldn't set up any events since Kainzo wouldn't give me an Event world to which I could have Admin on.

At this point it's mostly that I lack time since I'm trying to focus on some IRL stuff (My posting wouldn't show that recently heh, snow day does that), but I tried to focus on events for a while, I brought in monthly tournaments (For not very long due to lowering player counts and the reset which has killed Event), and was constantly trying to work on MythicMobs and items to push, but couldn't really keep up solo.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
It's easy to add things, but they need to be made, and I really don't have the time.
If people wanna make Items/Mobs for events I'll gladly orchestrate working them in.

At this point it's mostly that I lack time since I'm trying to focus on some IRL stuff (My posting wouldn't show that recently heh, snow day does that), but I tried to focus on events for a while, I brought in monthly tournaments (For not very long due to lowering player counts and the reset which has killed Event), and was constantly trying to work on MythicMobs and items to push, but couldn't really keep up solo.
I understand that, but you could bring it up to the others if you don't mind. It would be cool to have events again.