• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

admin please close discussion is finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Towns should be able to make jails so that if they catch raiders in their town they can use /jail name and the person is locked in jail for an in game night then transferred to spawn it also steals everything but their armor. Puts it in a chest for the mayor to dish out to the town folk. Also if the player wants to pay a fine of 50 souls to keep their stuff they can it goes to the town bank just an idea to make it more challenging for raids!!!

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Towns should be able to make jails so that if they catch raiders in their town they can use /jail name and the person is locked in jail for an in game night then transferred to spawn it also steals everything but their armor. Puts it in a chest for the mayor to dish out to the town folk. Also if the player wants to pay a fine of 50 souls to keep their stuff they can it goes to the town bank just an idea to make it more challenging for raids!!!
Absolutely not.

Absolutely not.
Why not it would be for pve towns only because you can't directly kill player could have to be in a 50 block radius if the jail and by a night I mean an in game night if your ballsy enough to raid then towns should have a defense system in pve to be able to defend and steal from the Raiders

I think it will making raiding towns more of a challenge more real life like i think people who disaggree just want it to be super easy or make it so a town has to pay taxes on a jail and hire officers so depending on town size is how many officers you can have at a time and only they can jail raiders

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
Why not it would be for pve towns only because you can't directly kill player could have to be in a 50 block radius if the jail and by a night I mean an in game night if your ballsy enough to raid then towns should have a defense system in pve to be able to defend and steal from the Raiders

Towns offer already enough protection and are generally supposed to be raidable. You can avoid getting raided by storing your items properly. If you get raided and lose your items it's always your fault alone. PvE doesn't mean 100% security, PvE is nothing but regular survival.

Also, your suggestion mentions a command. This would basically be a free for all exploit...

Commands can be made like skills that only certain people can use that have to meet certain standards it's doable and really only person who can truly decide is @Kainzo I Just think it would add more of a life like game play you steal in real life you have a chance to go to jail this is an rpg in rpg ' s you tend to have jails. Just my thought

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
I Just think it would add more of a life like game play you steal in real life you have a chance to go to jail this is an rpg in rpg ' s you tend to have jails. Just my thought

Comparison with real life: You can also get away when stealing in real life. It doesn't mean that you get into jail or shot. There are thousands of thieves right now stealing and nobody even notices it. Wake up...

Comparison RPG: Even in RPGs you can make your getaway. Played games like Morrowind, are you comparing with these games? You can also steal and bail in RPGs. It always depends on the raider. It's a concept that can be adapted to Herocraft, but it would be exploited and raiding would become impossible. Raiding is part of the game, deal with, read the rules.

I would accept such a solution for town internal business, but not against players raiding a town. It's too much...
A jail region to punish town members for breaking rules. Could be a funny addition but I don't see a big use in that either...

Yes I know it is I am not saying making raiding obsolete I am saying give it some challenges and yes people get away with it that's true it's called being strategic planning when you raid watch for people to leave hence the further comment on making only certain members of a town officers that are the only ones that can jail there also can be rules like only one person can be in the jail at a time I think raiding is fun it can just be to easy so go pour ice on your balls to cool down and think about what I am saying it's a suggestion,

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
Yes I know it is I am not saying making raiding obsolete I am saying give it some challenges and yes people get away with it that's true it's called being strategic planning when you raid watch for people to leave hence the further comment on making only certain members of a town officers that are the only ones that can jail there also can be rules like only one person can be in the jail at a time I think raiding is fun it can just be to easy so go pour ice on your balls to cool down and think about what I am saying it's a suggestion,

It is just a suggestion, but if you post a suggestion you have to expect pro and contra arguments coming from us. Some are facts, some are opinions, but you can't deny them, especially if you are new on the server. The dedication is appreciated, but I think you should play a little bit longer to understand the system. Yet, it's great that you've made a suggestion, don't misunderstand me here. In addition: Please separate your sentences in the future. It's hard to read a wall of text that is not separated by punctuation.

It is just a suggestion, but if you post a suggestion you have to expect pro and contra arguments coming from us. Some are facts, some are opinions, but you can't deny them, especially if you are new on the server. The dedication is appreciated, but I think you should play a little bit longer to understand the system. Yet, it's great that you've made a suggestion, don't misunderstand me here. In addition: Please separate your sentences in the future. It's hard to read a wall of text that is not separated by punctuation.
Yes I am newer to this server but I've also have built servers in the past and played tons where towns had a jail and it made it fun because it gave extra challenge. It was just me bringing my expirences into the server from what I've enjoyed about other servers. You need to remember even though it's great to listen to people that have been playing from the beginning with this server but you also need to consider what newer players have to say of you've never played with jails you don't know you may enjoy it more. In the long run it was just a suggestion I did not suggest it so it would cause trouble. I now know that this server's players don't like the idea so that is that if I have other suggestions in the future I will still post them because they may have a better response in the future.

Lostboi007

Glowing Redstone
Lwcs are for the purpose that you can't be raided. That's challenge enough if you know how to do things

Status
Not open for further replies.