• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Additional Class Suggestion: Frostblade

What do you think of these class suggestions? (You can choose multiple answers)

• I like the Frostblade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like the Psychic

• I like the Necromantic Summoner

• I hate them all and you should feel ashamed of yourself for posting this.

• Total voters

BilltheCynic

Stone
I believe that there are a few niches in the current class system. As such, I have created a few classes that I believe will fill them. NOTE: In the forum post I realize I made it appear I was suggesting one class rather than four. I apologize for this error
Class: Frostblade
Why you should add it: I feel that Herocraft could use a class that is specifically designed to hard-counter kiting, hit and runs, and Dragoons. Also, an ice class would be awesome.
Lore: Frostblades have grown tired of enemies cowardly fleeing or kiting. To remedy this, they have learned to harness the power of ice to freeze their enemies in their tracks. Anyone who crosses them will feel their blood run cold as the Frostbale slowly and methodically closes for the kill.
Attributes: Strength: 3 Contitution: 5 Endurance: 3 Agility: -6 Intellect: 3 Wisdom: -2 Charisma: 5
Abilities:
Bash: same
Frozen Aura: passivley slows all enemies within 4 blocks by 10% (scales with Cha)
Ice Rune: same as Runeblade
Frosty Fields: you create light blue snow covering a 6-6 area around you. Acts as soul sand to enemies. Lasts 5 seconds.
Icebolt: same as wizard
Frozen Path: when you walk over water a 3-3 iceblock spawns and moves under you, essentially allowing you to walk across water.
Slice: you swing your sword in an arc, dealing 30 damage to all enemies within 4 blocks and within a 45 degree angle in front of you.
ColdFeet: your target within 10 blocks is slowed for 3 seconds. The target may not use jump, blink, etc (though he CAN use escape artist)
Icicle barrage: you launch icicles all around you, dealing 20 damage to targets within 4 blocks
Ice Armor: you get a 25% speed decrease, but you take -35% damage for 8 sec. 90 sec cooldown
Deep Freeze: you deal 40 damage, ignoring armor
Glacial Arena: you create an 8-8 ice ring around you. The ice is 4 blocks tall. The Ice can be broken, but it take longer than normal ice (about as long as it takes to break a log with a wooden axe) The arena lasts 12 sec. 120 sec cooldown. Costs 1 snow block.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Class: Shadowdancer
Why you should add it: there are some who wish to play Herocraft while avoiding PVP. This class is supposed to help these people without making them too good at PVP or completely unkillable.
Lore: Shadowdancers prefer to avoid the hundrums of battle. Instead they melt into the shadows, cautiously avoiding those who would do them harm.
Attributes: Strength: -5 Constitution: 2 Endurance: 1 Agility: 6 Intelligence: 5 Wisdom: -4 Charisma: 0
Abilities:
Kick: same
Incorporeal: passive. 5% of attacks will miss you.
Grasping shadows: the target within 5 blocks is slowed for 2 seconds
Shadow Strike: you deal 20 damage to a target and knock them back 5 blocks
Shadow glide: you glide with the shadows, passively increasing your speed by 10% (before adding agility)
Fade: same as ninja
Shadowstep: you mark your current block, then 8 seconds later you teleport back to it. .5 second casting time. Costs 1 enderpearl
Blink: same as wizard
Dimensional grasp: if you are killed within 5 seconds of using this, you keep your hotbar. .5 sec casting time. 90 sec cooldown. Cost
3 slimeballs
Enderpearls: you can throw Enderpearls
Walking Shadows: you summon 5 shadows to aid you in battle. The shadows each have 5 health and deal 1 damage, but they move at 120% speed. Lasts 5 seconds. (perhaps you could make them short endermen or a skin with all black and red eyes)
Unnatrual sense: you are alerted when someone is within 30 blocks of you, though it doesn't tell you who. Does not alert party members or if you are in a city.
Ethereal Figure: for 5 sec, 50% of attacks will miss you. Does NOT stack with incorporeal. 180 sec cooldown.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Class: Psychic
Why you should add it: Herocraft could use a crowd control class. The Psychic could provide just that.
Lore: Psychics believe that the body is too frail and magic too unpredictable for practical use. They prefer the power of the mind, bending the will of their enemies with a single thought. Psychics quickly assert themselves as the dominant force on the battlefield, leaving their foes as little more than drooling vegetables
Attributes: Strength: 0 Constitution: -3 Endurance: -5 Agility: -4 Intellect: 6 Wisdom: 4 Charisma: 9
Abilities:
Scan: same
Telekinesis: same
TK Blast: launches a sphere of pure telekinetic energy at the enemy, dealing 60 damage and knocking the enemy back a few blocks
TK Hold: all enemies within 5 blocks are raised 1 block, then encased in a 3-3-4 glass box. The box is unbreakable, preventing the enemies from being damaged or taking damage. Lasts 2 seconds.
TK Wall: creates a 7-1-4 wall of unbreakable glass at the target block up to 6 blocks away. Lasts 4 seconds.
TK Push: charges for 1 second, then pulses out, dealing 45 damage to enemies within 5 blocks and knocking them back
TK Pull: charges for 1 second, then encases you in an unbreakable ice cage for 2 seconds while pulling all enemies towards you during that time, dealing 5 damage a tick. Channeled spell.
Forced Slumber: you force you target asleep within 7 blocks, stunning and blinding him for 3 seconds. Scales with Cha. Attacking brings him out of it.
Empathy: same as the Necromancer
Empathetic Assault: you scramble your oponent's mind, dealing 70 damage and prevent him from using skills 2 seconds. 25% damage increase if the target is asleep
Vertigo: All enemies within 5 blocks take 6 damage per tick for 5 seconds, as well as having the nausau effect
Mass Forced Slumber: 1.5 second charge, then forces all enemies within 7 blocks asleep for 5 sec. 90 sec Cooldown
_._________________________________________________________________________________________________
Class: Necromancer (yes, I am aware that there is already a class called the Necromancer. However, this is more in line with Necromancer, namely summoning undead allies for aid. I would suggest either changing the current Necromancer's name to the Palemaster {otherwise he would be unaffected} or change this one to the Summoner)
Why You Should Add It: I think it would be interesting to have a class that can summon different allies for diferent circumstances.
Lore: Rather than fearing Lady Death as most mortals do, Necromancers embrace her. They are fascinated by death, and have learned to call for the dead to do their bidding. It is even rumored that they can summon Herobrine to help them. But those are just rumors, right? Right?
Attributes: Strength: 0 Constitution: 2 Endurance: -4 Agility: -3 Intellect: 3 Wisdom: 5 Charisma: 7
Abilities: (NOTE: you can only have one summon at a time. You can NOT cast additional summons while a current summon is active. Also, summons do NOT give xp or drops)
Scan: same
Drain Negative Energy: drain the negative energy of your target, restoring 60 health.
Summon Zombies: summon 2 zombies with chaimail helmets. The zombies will fight by your side for 30 sec or until they are killed. Costs 2 rotten flesh. 30 sec cooldown. Summoned zombies will stay within 12 blocks of you.
Kill summon: .5 second charge. Instantly kills you current summon and restores 10% of the mana needed to cast it.
Death Bolt: launches a shadow blob at your target, dealing 30 initial damage and 5 damage every tic for 4 seconds.
Summon Skeleton: summons a skeleton in full leather. Skeletons will fight by your side for 30 sec or until they are killed. Costs 1 bone. Cooldown 30 sec. Skeletons will not wander more than 5 blocks away from you.
Become Death: same
Summon Vampire Bats: Summons 5 vampire bats (normal bats but black with red eyes). Vampires have 75 health deal 5 damage each and transfer 50% of their damage equally to your party. Lasts 30 sec. Costs 2 spider eyes. Cooldown 30 sec. Vampires will not wander more than 8 blocks away from you.
Finger Poke of Doom: you deal 20 initial damge and 2 damage a tick for 10 seconds
Summon Baby Creepers: summons 10 baby creepers, which Each of which has 50 health, deals 7 damage after .25 sec charge, and runs as fast as baby zombies. Lasts 8 seconds. Costs 3 gunpowder. Cooldown 30 sec. Baby creepers will not wander more than 15 blocks from you. NOTE: a baby creeper that explodes close enough CAN hurt the castor, but not allies.)
Black Gift: you drain 70 health from a nearby foe and divides 75% of it equally emoung party members. If you have no party, you get 25% of the health.
Feign Death: same
Summon Pet Wither: 1.5 second charge. Creates a wither on the ground next to you. The wither glows purple for a few seconds then explodes (the explosion doesn't hurt you.) The wither will then attack any enemies nearby. Sadly, this wither has been taimed, and is therefore slightly weaker. Lasts 8 second. Costs 4 soul sand. Cooldown 180 sec. Pet wither will not go more than 5 blocks away from you. If summoned in too small a space, the wither will refuse the call, causing a 90 sec cooldown and taking half of the energy.
Raise dead: Raises your target back from the grave at the place they died most recently. You must be within 50 blocks of the place. Costs 1 fermented spider's eye.
Summon Herobrine: 3 second charge. Summons Herobrine in all of his horror. Herobrine has 500 health, does 50 damage per hit, becomes invisible for .5 seconds every 2.5 seconds, and can use an enderman teleport. Herobrine can wander up to 20 blocks away from you. Lasts 8 seconds. Costs 3 diamonds. Cooldown 300 seconds.

Last edited:

Sn0wBorn

Iron
These are good ideas, but will most likely never be in game, and also some of the skill are impossible to make. the summoner's mobs would be hard to make without them attacking party members and town members. while the psychic is just too powerful. the shadowdancer would let people be a class with no danger and be able to easily escape combat.

BilltheCynic

Stone
In defense of the Shadowdancer, he has very few attack moves and the people who play him are not very likely to want to grind for hero levels. I thought that this would help offset some of his advantages (and if someone DOES somehow grin to level 65, they almost deserve it)
For the Summoner, could you make them like wolves or something? I admit to not having much experience with coding, so I'm asking how feasible that would be for say the summoned skeleton (though I'd imagine that the Wither would be difficult to code)
For the psychic, could you tone down the abilities to make him less op? I imagined a class that would be bad-decent at 1v1 and even 2v2, but would get more effective in large battles.
Finally, I noticed that you didn't mention the Frostblade in your post. What did you think of that, both in terms of coding difficulty and as an interesting class?