• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Add more specs! Change class tree!

Ultanian

Portal
A lot of people suggest new classes and professions, but it seems they can't be added due to not simply "fitting." The current ranking tree for both professions is 2 stepped, but what I am proposing is to add on another layer. Farmer for example, could spec into another, into the Logger or Lumberjack, with different kinds of wood offering different amounts of exp, or having the option of being a botanist with more gains from breaking plants, not just farmed crops. Or a Miner could spec to Geologist (gains more ores, loses ability to escavate) or into a demoman ( TNT usage, escavate, maybe a skill that let's them mine out 9 blocks at a time?)

For the Combat paths too there could be Wizard=> Sorceror, Dragoon => Spartan, Ninja => Lurker, and so on. I just think this will make the stronger classes harder to get, so the other ranks have time to get caught up. (And to have more of a variety of classes of course!)

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
A lot of people suggest new classes and professions, but it seems they can't be added due to not simply "fitting." The current ranking tree for both professions is 2 stepped, but what I am proposing is to add on another layer. Farmer for example, could spec into another, into the Logger or Lumberjack, with different kinds of wood offering different amounts of exp, or having the option of being a botanist with more gains from breaking plants, not just farmed crops. Or a Miner could spec to Geologist (gains more ores, loses ability to escavate) or into a demoman ( TNT usage, escavate, maybe a skill that let's them mine out 9 blocks at a time?)

For the Combat paths too there could be Wizard=> Sorceror, Dragoon => Spartan, Ninja => Lurker, and so on. I just think this will make the stronger classes harder to get, so the other ranks have time to get caught up. (And to have more of a variety of classes of course!)
Think about all the balancing that would have to happen :confused:

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Samurai --> Viking because Scandinaviacraft

Seriously though, too much balance.

me19584

Glowing Redstone
A better idea would be to add one extra spec off of each non-spec combat class. Much less balancing would need to be done. Although it still would take a LOOOONNNNGG time.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Kwong, stop making posts that actually mean something, wut hap3ned to da psts wher u trollz?
lol guys look at this noob. judge...i thought it was obvious. what were you thinking by taking down my woody!1!!11!11!111111 cuz what am i supposed look at before i sleep so that i will have good dream!!1!1!111!11 and since you are a scrub and you dont understand but it takes yummy dreams to troll

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Herocraft really needs actual content for classes for these kinds of things to have value. Even all the reworks I'm working on only mean so much. Without a real purpose, it will all grow stale very quickly.

jmoney222

Legacy Supporter 5
The idea of legendaries was brought into herocraft with the classes themselves. There were 4 legendaries: Juggernaut, Assassin, Archmage, and I forget the healer one. But you had to master not only the specs of each base class, but also other classes from different base classes.

EX: Juggernaut - Dragoon, DK, Pally, Samurai + Smith + Ninja + blah blah blah

DuskWolfMC

Obsidian
The idea of legendaries was brought into herocraft with the classes themselves. There were 4 legendaries: Juggernaut, Assassin, Archmage, and I forget the healer one. But you had to master not only the specs of each base class, but also other classes from different base classes.

EX: Juggernaut - Dragoon, DK, Pally, Samurai + Smith + Ninja + blah blah blah

Oh.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
If you do add another tier, at least make it so they can't pvp base classes, so newbs don't get raped even more than they already do.