• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Add a skill call "transformation"

sheepcrys

Legacy Supporter 3
So there I was, walking today, you know how I love to imagine things when I walk, and I thought of transformation.

1. What the hell is "transformation"???

So basicily I want to add a skill that can change your character into a certain mob depending on your class, the way it transform depends on:

If the mob is standing (zombie) or 4 legs (sheep)

if mob is standing, transform the entire skin, if 4 legs, transform the face.

2. What does "transformation" do???

It would perhaps give a buff or 2 to that class (each class have it's own "transformation") and makes you look cooler :p

3. K... Now gimme some example.

Right now I can think of a few but if Kainzo really is gonna implant this, he's gonna think of the rest himself :p

Class : Mob : Buff

Paladin : Iron Golem : 200 hp increased, add 25% of def.

DreadKnight : ZPigman : 200 hp increased, 10 more dmg (dmg, NOT % percent rate)

Dragoon : Spider : Speed I effect, ability to "fly" slowly when holding space (jump)

Samurai : Wolf : 25% attack increased (can't think of anything else, mb)

Ninja : Chicken : Speed II effect, transform into chicken (or child npc/zombie works too), you would still be yourself (with the chicken face) but to others you look like small chicken with name tag (might be hard to code)

Ranger : Ghast : Arrows become fire arrows (doesn't cost mp though), Jump I effect.

Wizard (real op :p) : Enderman : every 5 sec, right clicking a 20 block radius block will teleport you to that block (not sure if possible).

4. Some other misc stuff...

If possible, don't let it be a 65 skill bcuz I don't think it should be a "ultimate" skill, maybe 45 or so is nice.

The skill will take 80 mp or so and reagent will be a water bottle.

Skill should last 5 minutes and have a cool down of 2 hours or more

Can't think of other stuff... will add when reminded :p

Thanks for taking your time on reading this and I hope it'll get implanted :p

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Mystic should get some transformations skills. Also, who wouldn't want a "Become Lich" skill for necromancers? Besides though two, I don't think it would make sense lore-wise for these classes to have transformation powers.

Ultanian

Portal
Makes more sense to me if it was a Non-Combat skill, to hide from an attacker for casters. Would be a cool beguiler skill, maybe beguilers could turn party members into animals and mob as well?

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I've been toying with the idea of allowing Necromancers / DK's transform into zombies or skeletons. Not for the purpose of disguise, but for the lore/immersion factor. Not sure if I'll actually go through it it though, it's kind of a pain in the ass to mess with. We'll see.

Other than that, I don't think we're interested in adding mob transformations.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
There is currently no way to tell the client "You are a mob"
It will always be a "third party" view thing.

It's sort of messy in it's current form - I'll investigate and see where we can go, a transformation skill would be neat and definitely fits lore. We have bigger fish to fry atm.

DaPGrey

Wood
No plugins I have seen have been able to transform the player model for the client, only for the server... maybe a coder can look at some code from the Shape Shifter mod... but I don't think that a plugin can change the client model without additional client mods.

Weikauno

Coder
No plugins I have seen have been able to transform the player model for the client, only for the server... maybe a coder can look at some code from the Shape Shifter mod... but I don't think that a plugin can change the client model without additional client mods.

well to transform the player you could maybe make their skin invisible, and make them ride the mob transformed into, wouldn't that work?

DaPGrey

Wood
Very creative, however that sadly wouldn't work. Yes, it would show the mob, but you wouldn't be able to control the mob you're riding, and it would still attack and act as the mob would normally. Therefore, a skeleton would still act as a skeleton, and shoot at people, a slime would still hop around (and I think there's a bug where it damages you too) an iron golem would still chase after baddies... and derp about in water. So even though (and that is such a good idea) everyone including yourself could see the mob, it wouldn't work with what we're trying to do.

Basically, the only thing we can do for disguising as a mob... is some form of mob disguise. I am not sure whether or not you can toggle the nameplates showing. As for the attributes you get when you 'transform' that would be much easier, but you couldn't see yourself as a mob, or have the same hitbox, or anything like that :/

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
There is currently no way to tell the client "You are a mob"
It will always be a "third party" view thing.

It's sort of messy in it's current form - I'll investigate and see where we can go, a transformation skill would be neat and definitely fits lore. We have bigger fish to fry atm.
Hmmm, well, I still think it'd be cool to have regardless.

Adding in transformation would make some of the classes a bit more over powered than others. Because some of the buffs on one class might or could make that class the strongest class in the game. Whether it's more health or speed, etc. Plus the size of a mob might be harder to hit therefore making it very strong. Example: Ninja's already have strong attacks. If you add the choice of making yourself small and hard to hit when you run around then... Your basically invincible.