• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[AD] Hyperion

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Hyperion
The Guardians of the Aetherius Dominion
hyperionbanner2-png.8179

We have risen from the ashes of Bastion to confront the new world. Hyperion stands firm against the forces of darkness to defend our homes and compatriots.
---------------------------------------------
Recruitment
Like most of the other towns in Aetherius Dominion, Hyperion does not recruit directly into town, but rather recruits will learn and train in Prometheus, where upon graduation they can become a member of Hyperion. An exception is if you know a member of Hyperion personally, they can vouch for you, and will also be held accountable for you and your actions. This allows you to bypass the recruitment process. You can however submit an app on the Aetherius Dominion Kingdom Thread.

Application to Hyperion
IGN:
Link to your whitelist application:
How long have you been on HC:
Do you have or use Teamspeak? Are you able to use it even without using a Mic:
What towns have you been in:
Why did you leave them (if applicable):
Why do you want to join:
What can you give to us, as a community:
Do you understand and agree to all town rules:
What is one of the requirements for graduating to a full member:
What guideline from the Spirit of the Aetherius Dominion do you find most appealing:
Do you think that any of of the guidelines are going to get in the way of you having fun:
Which town will you train in before graduating to Hyperion:
Have you rated the main post of this thread and clicked "Watch Thread" in the upper right corner:
Tell us about yourself:
Referrals:

Is Hyperion right for you and are you right for Hyperion?
  • We are looking for responsible, mature players who are willing to be dedicated to their town and kingdom.
  • Do you take the Spirit of AD guidelines seriously? As a kingdom, we represent the best this server has to offer, in PvP, building and mannered conduct
  • Of the AD towns, we are the defensive core of the kingdom, we do go on raids along with the rest of the kingdom, however we expect members of Hyperion to be ready and willing to defend our kingdom when raiders attack.
  • Communication is key to a coordinated and effective defense, so we expect our members to be active in Teamspeak even if all you can do is listen
  • We have our town setup to allow us to have secure housing and a ready room to gear up quickly and get ready to go.
  • If you're not too experienced in PvP, we'll be happy to teach you. However, we expect you to be in teamspeak, and be willing to listen to what we tell you and willing to fight for our cause.
If that sounds like what you're interested in a town, we'll be happy to have you apply for Hyperion.
Spirit of the Aetherius Dominion

These are the guidelines we expect the members to follow in each of the AD cities. These simple guidelines reduce stress on the player base and produce a more fluid and fun time for the members of AD as well as the server in general.

As a member of AD you are expected to follow these guidelines at all times. If these guidelines do not match your beliefs or play styles there will be no hard feelings if you are to leave AD to find a home more suited to your play style. In the case that these guidelines are broken by members of AD there will be consequences ranging from fines to removal from the Kingdom.

Be a good sport.

• Be respectful after PvP. Don’t taunt other players when they lose. On the same token, nobody likes a sore loser. Be the stronger person by being polite and friendly, even if other players are trying to taunt you. A 'good fight' can go a long way.
  • Encourage new players so we build a stronger community. Consider putting their stuff in a chest and let them know you’ve done this. Teach people instead of laughing at them. Encourage them to keep trying.
  • Don’t accuse players of cheating or using hacks if you lose against them. Instead, gather evidence and report it.
  • No underhand tactics like using TS to force an opponent out of their MC client. If other players use underhand tactics against you, don’t stoop to their level.
  • No scamming players by trading and then killing them, or by buying severely under-priced goods from someone who doesn’t know better.
Play with your team, not against it.
  • No killing other AD members in anger nor ignorance.
  • If you don’t know another player check their town before engaging in PvP. If you find out they’re a new AD recruit (not yet on Town regions), give them their stuff back.
  • No payback killings among AD members. Killing the same person twice is not an “accident”.
  • Messing around is understandable, but when it comes to the point where people are dying, it needs to stop (for example, when melon fights escalate too swords and spells). That in no way gives new members a good sense of kingdom unity.
  • No killing fellow AD members for a bounty.
Play nice.
  • Don’t be a troll. Teasing and joking are fine in principle, but if the other person finds it offensive, it stops.
  • No abusive talk or excessive swearing in TS or ingame chat toward other AD members, server staff, or anyone at all in public channels.
  • Use the right TS channel for your activities. If you're heading out raiding with a team, or if you’re there for quiet chat, move to an appropriate channel with your group.
Respect the server rules, but more than that, respect the SPIRIT of the rules.
  • Pushing boundaries is fine, but doing things that go against the spirit of the rules, even if it hasn't been banned yet, is not acceptable.
  • No glitching, no using enderpearls to pass through solid blocks, no “abusing the server mechanics” and so on.
  • No using hacks or alt accounts.
Leadership
Mayor: northeaster345
SiC: TrueCorruptor
TiC:GoldenBoy204420

Managers:
Orangedude345
TrueCorruptor
Ezmac2099

Citizens:
Johnbaur
bfittipaldi
Afro7897
qroundhawk
BrusLi44
pewpewpewlasers
dast101
xchrisbeftwx
jake332211
oscarfouz364
Prohmetheus
fohmyn
WayneMC
Goldenboy
Rednalsfury
Rednalswrath
kimsgrim
CreepOnChicken

Last edited:

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Town construction inspiration shots
ted%20nasmith_a%20song%20of%20ice%20and%20fire_sunspear.jpg

Desert Fortress feel

Fortbourtange.jpg

Early modern star fortress

carthage-port.jpg%3Fpsid%3D1

Carthage, for the port

Last edited:

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
To do list

General themes
Fire and Light
- Sandy colors, like the sun
- Oranges, reds and yellows - bright colors (clay?)
- Whites, of light - quartz
- blues, can be small accents, to evoke the sky
- blacks and dark reds, accent blocks, for smoke and fire (coal, dark dyed clay, netherbrick)

A. Hyperion Walls
- Inner walls, on the border of the region (circular), smooth sandstone as base block.
- should be 10 taller than current top of Hyperion
- Will need to be detailed
- Outer part of these walls should have a space of 5 blocks, then the outer wall. also circular, smooth sandstone (base block)
- Compass pattern walls, point out along the north, east and west, (south is the port). should stand around 15 tall above ground level
- Smaller compass direction points, NW, SW, NE, SE. 90 degree points, so stubbier. Shorter at around 10 blocks above ground level

B. Hyperion central temple
- I've created two of the arms of the temple, needs to be duplicated on the other two sides
- Will be detailed with quartz, other colored blocks likely.
- Will have a circular depression, probably 5-6 deep, maybe more

C. Port
- To the south, carthage inspired
- Wooden docks, port tax collection buildings, merchant stands, and ships
- Stairs up to central area
------ Looks great so far, needs MOAR BOATS, also some dock buildings would be cool. Ship repair facilities, maybe even a submarine :)

D. Buildings for the top of Hyperion.
- Need to layout some paths, perhaps tall spires?
- plots for the above ground
- flexible in this design, as long as it matches themes

E. Underground profession area (y = 23)
- Alchemist stand needs to be completed
- Merchant villagers should be moved down here, along with the breeder
- Enchanter stand should be moved
- Internal marketplace can be here.
- Some space for farmer's animals

Last edited:

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
We're making good progress on town construction, keep it up guys!
I've posted some inspiration shots for what I was thinking for Hyperion's build

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Great Pictures. The Star fortress is what Michael is starting to build for Sentinel and I love the looks of the Desert fortress.

I am betting you already know but just in case, you can link a post by clicking the number in the bottom right hand side of the post. It will give you a link straight to the post you grab it from. I find it useful to redirect people to the content I am referencing.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Great Pictures. The Star fortress is what Michael is starting to build for Sentinel and I love the looks of the Desert fortress.

I am betting you already know but just in case, you can link a post by clicking the number in the bottom right hand side of the post. It will give you a link straight to the post you grab it from. I find it useful to redirect people to the content I am referencing.

I mostly just posted to bump the thread and acknowledge the hard work people have put in.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I think it was well placed whether for a bump or for any other reason :D

On the desert castle picture I like the Trireme on top of the castle! What better place for a boat in the desert eh?