• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion About Town Cap

Should there be a town cap or no?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
I know a few people that have gotten kinda aggravated with the town cap. It can be a good thing also. But in my opinion I really think there shouldn't be a town cap. I'm sure there are many people who want to make a town right now. But guess what. We can't. The cap is already full. Just simply answer the poll if you would like to keep the cap or wouldn't.

cat_8898

Legacy Supporter 5
The Town cap is an okay thing to have. It just needs to be raised abit. After all it is an RPG Server meant for Alliances , Enemies , and Pvp so if the town cap is too high it might take that out of the game. In my opinion , instead of a town cap at 30 towns , it should simply be raised to 45-50 towns max

Grinch

Obsidian Staff
Setting a new number won't accomplish much. We'll hit that limit and have another thread like this. I voted yes, because it is silly to just allow everyone to make their own town. There are already well established ones. :)

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Setting a new number won't accomplish much. We'll hit that limit and have another thread like this. I voted yes, because it is silly to just allow everyone to make their own town. There are already well established ones. :)
i get your point but there are so many in active towns that don't do anything but they keep paying to keep it. but still dont do anything. like underworld for example. they are so inactive but, they have enough gold to prob last the rest of the map

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
There already is a set number.
Yes i know that. I'm saying should we keep the town cap? or get rid of it completely or make a new set number. Hc is growing day by day. and we prob still have a few months before the restart. and we have already reached our cap

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
The cap is being bumped up to 40.

The only problem I have with bumping it up to 40 currently is the current player cap. If the server cap was boosted to 300, it would be great to see a increase but having too many small colonies is too rough around the edges...especially when it comes to pvp. Also the map size increase itself just makes it even more harder to seek out fights.

iGavinnn

Legacy Supporter 8
The only problem I have with bumping it up to 40 currently is the current player cap. If the server cap was boosted to 300, it would be great to see a increase but having too many small colonies is too rough around the edges...especially when it comes to pvp. Also the map size increase itself just makes it even more harder to seek out fights.

Kainzo I feel like he has a pretty valid point here. Any plans on increasing limit size? Do we even hit the cap? I have seen it around 130 but never noticed i being capped yet.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I know a few people that have gotten kinda aggravated with the town cap. It can be a good thing also. But in my opinion I really think there shouldn't be a town cap. I'm sure there are many people who want to make a town right now. But guess what. We can't. The cap is already full. Just simply answer the poll if you would like to keep the cap or wouldn't.
We shouldn't remove the township cap in my opinion, we didn't really have a cap last map and there were 70+ townships most of which had no more than 5 active members. In my opinion having too many townships is a bad idea and fractures the community so much that towns will struggle to upgrade by meeting the member requirements.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Kainzo I feel like he has a pretty valid point here. Any plans on increasing limit size? Do we even hit the cap? I have seen it around 130 but never noticed i being capped yet.
It has hit it a few times. but problem is. We don't really have many people voting so server can grow, or many people advertising.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
We shouldn't remove the township cap in my opinion, we didn't really have a cap last map and there were 70+ townships most of which had no more than 5 active members. In my opinion having too many townships is a bad idea and fractures the community so much that towns will struggle to upgrade by meeting the member requirements.
I get that. but atleast like a new set number. There are some towns that are just taking up space and dont really play and are so inactive. But they have the money to pay for the town. It's stupid.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It has hit it a few times. but problem is. We don't really have many people voting so server can grow, or many people advertising.
We're ranked in the top 50 servers on almost every server list...
We're also implementing monthly vote rewards for the top voters - check out the poll! http://hc.to/poll

I get that. but atleast like a new set number. There are some towns that are just taking up space and dont really play and are so inactive. But they have the money to pay for the town. It's stupid.
We're going to work it out to check member-activity before destruction. Danda wanna write up something in the rules so they must have at least 3-5 active members?

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Maybe some sort of online timer could be implemented - I think someone else mentioned this before. A town has to log so many active hours in a week between all its members or its like missing a payment. So if 2 weeks in a row they don't meet the online activity requirement the town loses regions and is no longer a town. Something like this would help remove inactive towns too.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
We're ranked in the top 50 servers on almost every server list...
We're also implementing monthly vote rewards for the top voters - check out the poll! http://hc.to/poll

We're going to work it out to check member-activity before destruction. Danda wanna write up something in the rules so they must have at least 3-5 active members?
But Kainzo this server should be in atleast the top 25! This server could make it easily.