• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion A Word on Bloodmages. ^_^

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I have been trying to phrase this as best as I could in order to minimize confusion.​
Bloodmages. Those fun HP sucking parasites. This class uses it's own HP as a regent in order to cast damage over time on others at a constant rate, effectively acting like a parasite. They can only fight as long as their health doesn't go under 100 HP or so. After that they are unable to use any skills or heal.​
Facts to keep in mind-​
  • Out of the two DoT skills Bloodmages have only one actually returns HP.​
SoulLeech-Only gives as much HP back as dammage the enemy takes. 120 HP (According to wiki).​
*Also keep in mind this is not instant you get 20HP every 3secs at the cost of 50HP*
  • Bloodmages only have one heal. *After all the math it comes roughly to...96 HP every 15secs
For a class that uses it's own HP to use all of it's skills the inability to heal has strong effect on the class making it one of the hardest classes to use. (Well)
For example) It would be like a wizard losing gunpowder every time they're hit...
What could fix all this? A heal.
I think that speaks for all Bloodmages on the server.
Make no mistake. We're not asking for a new heal.
What would be nice would be to allow infusion to be used on combat and remove its regent.
Grid_Paper.png
(Taken from the wiki)
You heal your target (within 8 blocks) for 150 health points and remove Bleed. Cannot be used in combat. Takes 1 second to warm up.10MANA,3secsCD
I mean what is the point of it removing bleed if it cant even be used in combat...
Don't think you'll ever see this--> [Zombie used Bleed on LightningCape!]
Of corse we do not expect this change without balancing things out, so if this was to be fixed consider the following:
-Increase mana cost at the cost of removing the regent
All other healer specs can use bandage(Or a skill like it) in combat...
Thanks,​
Light​
Bloodmages unit!​
nonamemajdeath Prepare yourself.​
Warmachinexp Didn't forget this time.​
@AllBloodmagesIForgotToTag​

macura

Diamond
1. You are not taking into account the heal of drain soul.
2. Using health to deal damage is the point of bloodmage, you cannot compare this aspect to any other class "would be like a wizard losing gunpowder every time they're hit"
3. You are not taking into account the heal of bloodbond (pretty sure it still benefits the bloodmage but they might have changed it)

Not saying that your argument is invalid, however you are excluding information that is relevant and necessary to include.

MajDeath

Portal
Bloodbond never benefited bloodmage, and drainsoul is 96 hp every 7 seconds, even that has a hp reagent too btw.

Warmachinexp

Legacy Supporter 3
2. Using health to deal damage is the point of bloodmage, you cannot compare this aspect to any other class "would be like a wizard losing gunpowder every time they're hit"

That's the thing we don't have mobility our slow is not the greatest and still costs health to use. The main thing is while casting our spells we are also taking damage. Many classes have slows, stuns, grabs that catch them up to us. We have no mobile skill and while every other healer class can just heal out of the damage we can't.

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
I agree, I've been meaning to make a post about this, I just haven't had the motivation. :)

Carlover1234

Obsidian
LightningCape You forgot me lol.
I agree completely! I mean it's bad enough that Infusion can't be used in combat but to need a reagent for it is a bit going over the line. I think it should be reverted back to before it needed the reagent. Why did it get nerfed in the first place? It's not like we're already weak enough. Oh and I think bloodbond should use 8 mana everytime you use a magic attack, not every second. Whoever came up with that doesn't know the class. Ugh sorry to rant, I just feel like we got a unnecessary nerf when we are already weak enough.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
LightningCape You forgot me lol.
I agree completely! I mean it's bad enough that Infusion can't be used in combat but to need a reagent for it is a bit going over the line. I think it should be reverted back to before it needed the reagent. Why did it get nerfed in the first place? It's not like we're already weak enough. Oh and I think bloodbond should use 8 mana everytime you use a magic attack, not every second. Whoever came up with that doesn't know the class. Ugh sorry to rant, I just feel like we got a unnecessary nerf when we are already weak enough.
Bloodmage is in no way a weak class. Just saying.

Carlover1234

Obsidian
Hey I just came up with a few ideas! I hope you guys don't mind I'm posting them here.:) Well here's my ideas:
Skill Name: Soul Suck
Class: Bloodmage
Level: 50/60/65
Mana/HP: 20/30
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Description:
You suck 100 damage from all enemies within 5 blocks. In return, 50% of the damage dealt is returned to you and your party members.
-Or-
You suck 100 initial damage from all enemies within 5 blocks. In return, 50% of the damage dealt is returned to you and your party members. Then your enemies get inflicted 25 damage every 3 seconds for 6 seconds dealing a total of 50 damage.
-Or-
You suck 100 initial damage from all enemies within 5 blocks. In return, 50% of the damage dealt is returned to you and your party members. Then all enemies within 10 blocks get inflicted 25 damage every 3 seconds for 6 seconds dealing a total of 50 damage.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I personally would like to see a a bit of a rework happen to the class. Depending on what Kainzo thinks of our ideas, Haunted9899 and I may end up doing so. Don't put too much merit into that, but it could happen.

MajDeath

Portal
Hey I just came up with a few ideas! I hope you guys don't mind I'm posting them here.:) Well here's my ideas:
Skill Name: Soul Suck
Class: Bloodmage
Level: 50/60/65
Mana/HP: 20/30
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Description:
You suck 100 damage from all enemies within 5 blocks. In return, 50% of the damage dealt is returned to you and your party members.
-Or-
You suck 100 initial damage from all enemies within 5 blocks. In return, 50% of the damage dealt is returned to you and your party members. Then your enemies get inflicted 25 damage every 3 seconds for 6 seconds dealing a total of 50 damage.
-Or-
You suck 100 initial damage from all enemies within 5 blocks. In return, 50% of the damage dealt is returned to you and your party members. Then all enemies within 10 blocks get inflicted 25 damage every 3 seconds for 6 seconds dealing a total of 50 damage.
I have had an idea like this for a month+ but was too lazy to suggest, however I take this as a challenge.
Here is that very idea.

Skill Name: Blood Balance
Level: 65
Mana: 35
Health:100
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Description:
You deal 100 damage to all enemies within 10 blocks including the bloodmage, then damage dealt is split and returned to the party.
(bloodmage will not be effected by the healing)
Example: Bloodmage+1 party member - bloodmage uses blood balance on a party of 10, the 1 party member is healed for 1100 health. (take note that the heal would be during a 10 vs 2)

Example: Bloodmage+9 party members - bloodmage uses blood balance on a single enemy and his party within 10 blocks is healed for 22 health each.

Example: Bloodmage+9 party members - bloodmage uses blood balance on a group of 10 and his party within 10 blocks is healed for 122 health each.