• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A way to make herogates more interesting.....>=D

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
So I was thinking about the currently broken herogates, and about how we might get the nether in the server eventually, and thought of an awesome idea. What if the two were combined?

First off in case your unawares, every 1 block in the nether is equal to walking 10 blocks in the over-world. So when you take a herogate it sends you to another one in the nether, but decently close to the herogate you need to get to the town your traveling to. Because of the ghasts this will be a dangerous travel method, but worth while because there is less chance of pvpers surviving there and you can still reach your destination quickly.

So instead of herogates being an instant safe travel method, it will take a minute or two but still be much quicker than walking, while you need to survive ghasts instead of pvpers.

McGreed

TNT
I say we make off with the spawn as well when you die and make people spawn in hell and have to find their way back to a herogate/nether gate :)

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
I'd like to see Herogates take you to a "Nexus" map, where you can go to any town's herogate, or to other herocraft servers (once the multiverse works)

have the Nexus map use the Planetoid Map Generator to make it a void of floating worlds, each one with a gate to a different Herocraft multiverse.

just my idea, but I think that'd be awesome.lol

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Dago that was one someone brought up when I suggested this on teamspeak. Both are good ideas and I would love to see either of them in the server when available.

As for running 20 blocks, it would be decently farther than that. Enough that there would need to be some signs to indicate the correct direction, since 10:1 is still a long walk for some towns depending on how close the gates would be positioned.