• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A quick bladegrasp suggestion

JZillifro

Soulsand
Okay I'll make this quick. Samurai's blade-grasp has bothered me quite a bit ever since i first saw a samurai use blade-grasp at zeal's edge than attack a person for five seconds and then run back. It also comes to my attention that blade-grasp is near a sure-fire win when used even in a 2v1 fight, so i came up with this. How about if samurai's blade-grasp only worked on people in front of them? this way its not too OP but still has great use in PvP, this way if a samurai has a person behind him he cant just blade-grasp then pummel them helplessly to the ground.

I also think Samurai's damage is just a few points too high but that's not my point right now ;)

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
yeah thats been annoying me too. another thing i'd like to add. if a samurai were to grasp his blade would he really block 100% of the hits? another way to tone it down would to make it only block a certain percentage of the hits.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
It is definitely not a guaranteed win in a 2v1 if the 2 aren't retarded. It essentially is in a 1v1 fight though (unless fighting a ranger). I agree that it needs to be toned down and that your suggestion could do that, but I definitely don't think it will affect samurais as much as you seem to think it will.

TicklesTheMighty

ICE ICE ICE!
I don't like the working on people in front of them thing, since sometimes it's hard to tell what direction anyone is facing anyway or even where they are. I think a more reliable nerf would be to convert Bladegrasp into a single target skill that only blocks all melee damage from the target opponent.

HollowSith

Diamond
I think bladegrasp at the moment is just where it should be. It provides a difficult time in PVP for the player it's getting used against, but without if the sami isn't carful he/she can still lose to a smart players. With the new update on ninja's.. I think both classes are finally on par and are very well developed.

Though I do think however some other classes should get more skills/ powerups.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
No one complained about Samurai back when they could 2 hit anyone not wearing armor, bladegrasp, and wear chainmail. What's different now? :eek:

Demonxman

Obsidian
no. honesty kainzo as someone who has gone up against a capable samurai BG really isn't that hard to beat. It's that these guys are complaining that a popular spec has an invuln. if they went up against a paladin they would bitch the same way....

Demonxman

Obsidian
true. just like ninjas have smoke. they have an invuln to melee. idk what the CD is right now, maybe it should be longer?

Shortyy_oD

Legacy Supporter 3
Bladegrasp is fine, I get killed often in PvP even if I use Bladegrasp, it is difficult to time it right so you can successfully take on a large amount of people at the same time. If a person is smart enough,t hey can beat any Lvl 50 Samurai.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
The only problem with samurais is that an invuln like that ends up being a bit too powerful on a class that is made to deal out a ton of damage. Either CD needs to go a bit up, duration a bit down, or damage down by 1 imo. The only other problem I have with samurais is that we have 4 abilities or so, but only bladegrasp ever felt like it was worth using.

TicklesTheMighty

ICE ICE ICE!
The cooldown is 60 seconds right now, which is a bit short, but that seems long enough to prevent using it twice in a fight. I think the concern here is just that Bladegrasp can allow Samurais to 2v1 melee classes and straight up win the fight against two evenly leveled melee opponents. If you could only Bladegrasp one opponent then at least you'd be taking some damage for that duration, or if Bladegrasp prevented you from attacking for the duration it would just be a tactical escape tool.
The Samurai seems to be intended to be a Warrior spec that gives up some tankiness to get near Rogue-like damage, but the way things are now they seem to be harder to kill in a straight fight than every class in the game aside from Pallies and DKs while dishing out more damage than any class aside from the Ninja (and maybe BM/Ranger).
That being said I think that just a decent toning down of their survivability skills would more than likely place them well within the realm of mortals.

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
I think blade-grasp is fine honestly, I think it's a nice advantage to have considering they can only wear leather armor. To be honest the only skill I have ever had a huge problem with is Paladin's having "pray". They are a warrior spec and layhands seems to be good enough.

TicklesTheMighty

ICE ICE ICE!
I think blade-grasp is fine honestly, I think it's a nice advantage to have considering they can only wear leather armor. To be honest the only skill I have ever had a huge problem with is Paladin's having "pray". They are a warrior spec and layhands seems to be good enough.

You know they can wear full chain and iron helm right...? It's not the greatest armor ever, but it's certainly a considerable advantage over the classes that are limited to leather.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
The biggest thing I've noticed when pvping as a samurai is that people are just stupid. I will bladegrasp and they will keep attacking me waiting for it to end. There is no reason to be losing a 2v1 unless you are in a tiny area where you can't escape the samurai because the way minecraft pvp is, you should always be able to escape for 3-5 seconds. Really, while I admit samurais are a little overpowered, people that complain that they are supremely OP just don't know what they're doing.

TicklesTheMighty

ICE ICE ICE!
The biggest thing I've noticed when pvping as a samurai is that people are just stupid. I will bladegrasp and they will keep attacking me waiting for it to end. There is no reason to be losing a 2v1 unless you are in a tiny area where you can't escape the samurai because the way minecraft pvp is, you should always be able to escape for 3-5 seconds. Really, while I admit samurais are a little overpowered, people that complain that they are supremely OP just don't know what they're doing.
I agree that a lot of the people complaining about Bladegrasp probably don't know how to deal with it properly, in most situations against smart opponents it just stops the fight until the duration is done. But it's possible (though unlikely in the current lag) that the Samurai could chase someone and do considerable damage while they're running away.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
While it is true that the samurai can do considerable damage (I'd say no more than 40 if they have fast reactions) to the running target, it isn't so much that people can rightly say that samurais easily 2v1.

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
Bladegrasp probably is currently the most complained skill by the public, let alone the Samurai. When the 'gaming consumers' (HC players) complain about bladegrasp, it would be the best to do something that would make things "Fair". (Quoting this for a reason, should know why.)

On a different note, Warriors and Rogues are really hitting the headlines, I must say. Healers are presumably diminishing right now, since they haven't been positively mentioned in any live patch note in a while.
jusst sayyin.

Fury

Iron
I don't think its that powerful, As soon as you see them use it, LOS them or just back away for a few seconds.