• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A Partial Solution to Slimes.

Darroes

Legacy Supporter 6
If your like me then you hate slimes, there are tons of them that push you all around with most of them un-killable due to them be client side. Add in the fact that they still hurt players even with mob damage turned off and you have a problem that makes most town built areas below level 17 unusable.

I have in my possesion the following link.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=216027

If you scroll a bit down that page you will find someone has posted a .class file. If you right click this .class file and hit save link as, you can save this and add it to your minecraft.jar.

What this file does is simple, you know when you initially break a slime how it becomes a bunch of smaller un-killable slimes that only a relog will get rid of? This .class file makes it so they no longer exist to you. So the only slimes you will see are the ones that can hurt you/you can kill.

I know for me this has made it so the underground section of my town is once again partially usable, even though the real slimes are still a pain, but at least they can be controlled unlike the client side ones.

-Darroes