• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion a new way to vote?

OysterbOy

Coal
okay so ive been thinking for a bit and there should be a way for us to typ /vote in game and it will auto vote on all of the websites, is this even possible to code? and if it isnt(this might be lazyness kicking in) there should be a /vote command that opens the website for voting and im sure this one is codeable right?

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
okay so ive been thinking for a bit and there should be a way for us to typ /vote in game and it will auto vote on all of the websites, is this even possible to code? and if it isnt(this might be lazyness kicking in) there should be a /vote command that opens the website for voting and im sure this one is codeable right?
I don't think that's possible. Website have Anti-bot things and would have no way of knowing if people are voting or robots.

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
The captcha is the biggest problem with that, so I'd say this suggestion would be denied, if only through technical limitations. It's true that you can code captcha solvers, but that's just not the way it should be.

What I'd like to see though, is the ability to have a timer of sorts that shows how long it's been since you've last clicked the link. Storing a cookie on your computer should be enough to do that, from what limited knowledge of how computers work I have (Someone correct me if that's not the case).

It'll also be nice if there were color changes to the buttons. Currently the buttons are green, but it'd be nice if they changed to red after you've clicked on them once.

Both the suggestions I made above aren't related to when you vote, but when you click the button, so it should be too hard, I should think?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Not possible, sorry. This is a limitation via the voting websites and it could be highly abused - there's a reason why there's captchas / anti-bots.

OysterbOy

Coal
Not possible, sorry. This is a limitation via the voting websites and it could be highly abused - there's a reason why there's captchas / anti-bots.
is that a no to the /vote to bring up the voting websites too?

Voylin

Coal
i'm used to typ it into my browser, from the moment i typ hc then i directly got hc.to/vote lol but it should be cool to see a timer, so we know when we can directly vote again, cause some pages have just 12 hours cooldown to vote and others 24 hours

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
i'm used to typ it into my browser, from the moment i typ hc then i directly got hc.to/vote lol but it should be cool to see a timer, so we know when we can directly vote again, cause some pages have just 12 hours cooldown to vote and others 24 hours
One of them is 18 hours. xD It gets confusing, so I'd like to have some sort of timer installed. After all, more votes means more players.

Voylin

Coal
One of them is 18 hours. xD It gets confusing, so I'd like to have some sort of timer installed. After all, more votes means more players.
yeah, lol cause it's kinda impossible to keep all that times by urself lol