• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion A new PvP way...

Eligof

Legacy Supporter 4
here is another idea:

It is drastic but keep reading...
this minecraft server has two Iconic pluggins which make it unique the Hero System (not sure th name of this pluggin) an the township system lets get the best of both by merging its capabilities

-A new separate map/server that could be as big as the current map, make it only PvP. Design this new map as a serie of small region type areas or territories that needs a specifict building to claim it (a fort, tower, beacon, nexus etc) so any town (PvP or PvE) can set up an outpost in this map. Ther first outpost could be like the headquarters of that town and if they loose it, they will need to build another one to be able to first teleport to this map (in a special town gate) and to build secondary buildings to claim more territories.

Each territory can be of different size & form or all square, whats important about territories, well lets ake this map free to grief, mineable with nice amount or natural resources, and as some servers do the map can be regenerate every X days/weeks so all that is below Y=50 will be erase and the land will regenerate, make it randomly spawn new mineral resources so people dont know where to mine to get it again. I can even be "programmed" so certain territory with certain biomes get more resources of a certain type, so the fight for those territories will be harder.
Over Y=50 the maps keep as it, because those are the layers where people are allow to build their outpost & claiming structures.
It will be better to allow more and more potent traps & archer towers to defend the outpost here as we can consider all the players on this new map "hostile" if they are not town members

How can it works? as follow
The new map can have herogates to be able to TP to it, how many 4 or 6?, so any player pertaining a town can tp to this map (only town members & owners).

The town owner will be able to buy/settle the headquarters on this map. make the rules a little different... allow the onwer or town representative to buy the headquarter and give it a grace period of a week or so to build all necesary buildings he can afford, over this week this outpost headquarters will be protected from grief, and attacks. As soon as this time ends the outpost must defend itself from grieffers and attakers. we need more and more potend defenses capable of destroy small parties of players lv 60.

Wen a town owns a territory in this map, all its town members will be able to dig/alter the map and grief.

On each territory the town owns by having the headquarters or a claiming type building the owner can build mines / quarries / or soul collectors. if this point is strong enough as if you can collect pently or resources or souls, almonst all town owners will be willing to try to take a territory. it can be programmed so you get more resources the more territories your town owns.

Allow outpost on this server to have a level related number of "mercenary" players tier1=3 tier2=6 and so. Those players must be
hired by the town member on the actual map and that will give mercenary players access to the new map. The hiring could be by time 1-7 realtime days or so... this mercenary may need a special facilty or may not but will help to increase the outpost population on this new map. It even can be programmed to give town owners to hire complete clans!.

how to enforce PvE players (like me) to play PvP, at least for all those who wanto to create and develop a town make it necessary to at least keep a headquarters on this map in order to attain higher town tiers. If town owners needs a headquaerter they will try to rally PvP players to defend and keep those secure.

this is the idea... as it is just the idea it must be polished... and It is not an idea to implement in a short term, but I can be taken in consideration for future changes as I know kaizo doesnt want a new server/map...

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Thoughts;

I'm getting a civ vibe from this personally. Overall it is an okay idea but this type of map/ change will not affect this server in a positive direction at all. The things I heavily agree with are;

+having more regions that help defend (example of this is an arrow turret)
+having it so different biomes/ areas have different bonus's (I don't want too many biome specific regions though)

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Thoughts;

I'm getting a civ vibe from this personally. Overall it is an okay idea but this type of map/ change will not affect this server in a positive direction at all. The things I heavily agree with are;

+having it so different biomes/ areas have different bonus's (I don't want too many biome specific regions though)
While I do agree we need more, there are a few defense buildings (Cannon, ArrowTurrets (Broken ATM but are a thing), Hospitals).

Also there used to be (Should be) Some biome specific buildings. Not sure if they broke or got removed.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
While I do agree we need more, there are a few defense buildings (Cannon, ArrowTurrets (Broken ATM but are a thing), Hospitals).

Also there used to be (Should be) Some biome specific buildings. Not sure if they broke or got removed.

I really do agree with you. I would happily write a whole rework for most of the regions (I might actually do it) but I really doubt anything will come from it. Also regarding the biome specific regions, they mostly seem to be broken (factories, farms) but to be honest. I do like how it currently works as it gives me an option personally to reach the factory or quarry limit per tier (8 quarries, 8 factories at village tier).

Ruger392

Obsidian
I just think making the herocraft all pvp like it was in its MORE successful maps because it was all pvp would do us some justice.

Minecraft has gotten more popular and the server has gotten more unpopular since the pve-pvp there is really no way to please the pvp community or as you call us the 12 year olds but thanks for providing insight!

OH AND @Kainzo @Alator @hilltim1 @devotedworker can we ACTUALLY raid towns now man like dangggggg Opening doors using lift signs/trapdoors would be so great

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I really do agree with you. I would happily write a whole rework for most of the regions (I might actually do it) but I really doubt anything will come from it. Also regarding the biome specific regions, they mostly seem to be broken (factories, farms) but to be honest. I do like how it currently works as it gives me an option personally to reach the factory or quarry limit per tier (8 quarries, 8 factories at village tier).
I would suggest you do write the suggestion mainly because townships seems to very changeable right now. I know witch takes the suggestions, however the Dev abd admin who handle it seem to be Mia RN.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Thoughts;

I don't think we need more regions to defend, because there isn't even any attacking going on. We want to encourage the attacking, because right now the defenses arent defending from anything.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I just think making the herocraft all pvp like it was in its MORE successful maps because it was all pvp would do us some justice.

Minecraft has gotten more popular and the server has gotten more unpopular since the pve-pvp there is really no way to please the pvp community or as you call us the 12 year olds but thanks for providing insight!

OH AND @Kainzo @Alator @hilltim1 @devotedworker can we ACTUALLY raid towns now man like dangggggg Opening doors using lift signs/trapdoors would be so great
I don't think HC can ever go back to PvP only unless it's prepared for a slump. PvE keeps players flowing, though not many stay.

And please? Make towns raidable. Remove door and lift restrictions and remove chest protection.

I don't think we need more regions to defend, because there isn't even any attacking going on. We want to encourage the attacking, because right now the defenses arent defending from anything.
We need to make a siege worth it. It's just too costly.

I believe that before splitting off like suggested in this post, we need to find a way to get people to venture into PVP first. That is first priority, because as of now, there's no real reward for going into PVP, so people avoid it. This could be a POTENTIAL suggestion if implemented correctly, but I believe getting more people into PVP is the most important goal here.

Eligof

Legacy Supporter 4
I believe that before splitting off like suggested in this post, we need to find a way to get people to venture into PVP first. That is first priority, because as of now, there's no real reward for going into PVP, so people avoid it. This could be a POTENTIAL suggestion if implemented correctly, but I believe getting more people into PVP is the most important goal here.

yes It is just a suggenstion not a rule to do it that way...
apply some of the ideas for the soutern continent if there is no plan to split the server.

btw if there is no town raiding it is not by the defensive buildings, it is the over protection town currently have. my question is an archer tower can beat a lv 60 player? two of them? as low level towns only get 1

Beau_Nearh

Portal

Currently there is now way for town members to siege due to the limit on 1 person per SR. Everything needs a rework IMO

yes It is just a suggenstion not a rule to do it that way...
apply some of the ideas for the soutern continent if there is no plan to split the server.

btw if there is no town raiding it is not by the defensive buildings, it is the over protection town currently have. my question is an archer tower can beat a lv 60 player? two of them? as low level towns only get 1

I wouldn't know, really.

Ruger392

Obsidian
I don't think HC can ever go back to PvP only unless it's prepared for a slump. PvE keeps players flowing, though not many stay.

And please? Make towns raidable. Remove door and lift restrictions and remove chest protection.

We need to make a siege worth it. It's just too costly.
Um not being mean but you really have it backwards, pvp only made everything flow, From towns recruiting people to protect them while building etc c'mon you're an oldy, I doubt you can truthfully say pvp only herocraft was not better than this

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Um not being mean but you really have it backwards, pvp only made everything flow, From towns recruiting people to protect them while building etc c'mon you're an oldy, I doubt you can truthfully say pvp only herocraft was not better than this
I don't. What I mean is NOW, in the current system, PvE keeps the noobs coming in. If we remove PvE out of the blue (Bad Idea) HC is gonna go into a slump. Player counts will be down because the noobs will be scared. Eventually the numbers will rise again as the players who tolerate/enjoy/love PvP find the server again.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Sounds good let's go
Convince Kainzo and the Admins that is the 100% guaranteed best thing for the server and maybe just maybe the server would survive.
The main issue is that no new (Or less) players woul be coming in during the slump. Meaning the PvP groups will get bored of fighting each other all the time (Same fights over and over) and anyone who doesn't wanna fight will either be dragged into it or hide all day.

This leads to the problems we had the last 2 maps: Less new players = Less World PvP = THe PvP groups get bored of fighting one another = Noobs/People who dont wanna fight being dragged in/camped = they leave = less people

and they cycle loops. Eventually only the dedicated and "I wanna play heroes so bad" will remain since the lack of player drove the PvPers to attacking anything that moves. Back in the day there really wasn't camping or the hunting of noobs people try to talk about, because good group world PvP could almost always be found.

Ruger392

Obsidian
I don't. What I mean is NOW, in the current system, PvE keeps the noobs coming in. If we remove PvE out of the blue (Bad Idea) HC is gonna go into a slump. Player counts will be down because the noobs will be scared. Eventually the numbers will rise again as the players who tolerate/enjoy/love PvP find the server again.
PvE does NOT keep the noobs coming in, Heros keep the noobs coming in. Player count WILL NOT go down. Yet again it didnt go down in bastion DG etc why would it go down now ?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
PvE does NOT keep the noobs coming in, Heros keep the noobs coming in. Player count WILL NOT go down. Yet again it didnt go down in bastion DG etc why would it go down now ?
It's not going to go up. It's more likely to go down since the people who play PvE won't want to stay (Unless they adapt and of course some will). Also, DG & Bastion had no major playstyle changes. Not a lot changed between them in terms of playstyle. It was still PvP only.

Let me rephrase my statement then:

PvE allows the flow of new players not to fear being camped/ganked (Even though they really won't be) or repeatedly killed, allowing them to have fun. However most of them do not venture to PvP once they get their levels up, which would be the ideal situation with a map containing both PvE & PvP.

Eligof

Legacy Supporter 4

Ruger there is a reason why HC staff drop the idea of a Full PvP they have 5 years with the server, they know the statistics & how new players are flowing... you Like PvP thats good but we have 2 gameplay type PvP and PvE the server cannot risk to force only one type.