• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion A new poll at tutorial

Eligof

Legacy Supporter 4
Well suddently the server population is raising ...

I would suggest that you script a poll at tutorial where simple questions may be asked to know what new players expect and wants:

1.- Are you looking for PvP?
2.- Do you plant to set up a Town?
3.- what do you like most PvP or PvE?
4.- Would you like that PvP is always on?
5.- Do you prefer a server with no PvP?
6.- Do you like payer based Economy?
7.- Are you looking for Dungeons?
8.- Are you looking for Bosses and Notorious Monters?
9.- are you looking for Mod/admin server Events?
10.- Do you like the idea of an Arena and Tournaments?

There could be more questions or more detailed or puntual, the idea is that admins get and idea what new playes wants... so they can act accordly. If the poll result in players expecting more dungeons admins may need to work towards that direction... trying to keep the most players they can happily playing HC.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
do people even read the tutorial signs?

like the most asked questions are all over the tutorial...

Last edited:

Eligof

Legacy Supporter 4
do people even read the tutorial signs?

like the most asked questions are all over the tutorial...

I did if you dont sorry for you... what this server needs is people who cares about the game no those that doesnt bother to read a tutorial to know the server he will be playing

make it obligatory as a way to open a door or activate a portal

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I like the idea. Getting feedback on what new players think could help retain them thus increasing avg player base.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I like the idea. Getting feedback on what new players think could help retain them thus increasing avg player base.
I've wanted to have a much better tutorial for a long time. I've been planning, slowly and surely, a better version of my getting started videos as those always felt better than text based. Forcing people to just read the basics would be amazing and then link to either the wiki or the long tutorial would work.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I've wanted to have a much better tutorial for a long time. I've been planning, slowly and surely, a better version of my getting started videos as those always felt better than text based. Forcing people to just read the basics would be amazing and then link to either the wiki or the long tutorial would work.

Yeah, I always feel like too much information at the start can feel very off putting to certain players. I suppose this server will just be a different learning curve from what most players are used to as there is a lot of information to try and take in. Chopping down all this info into more manageable chunks such as the bare basics while giving the player an option to read into more detail would be a step in positive direction.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah, I always feel like too much information at the start can feel very off putting to certain players. I suppose this server will just be a different learning curve from what most players are used to as there is a lot of information to try and take in. Chopping down all this info into more manageable chunks such as the bare basics while giving the player an option to read into more detail would be a step in positive direction.
That was the point of the floating island tutorial we see today. Originally you had to run through the entire longer tutorial.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I did if you dont sorry for you... what this server needs is people who cares about the game no those that doesnt bother to read a tutorial to know the server he will be playing

make it obligatory as a way to open a door or activate a portal
@LightningCape and @hilltim1 --- lets get something going on where you have to answer the right questions, perhaps to complete the tutorial.
We reduced the tutorial from 10 mins, to less than 2 mins. If a player can't give that... I dont know what we can do D: