• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A Few Changes We Worked On

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I got in teamspeak with both @malikdanab and @0xNaomi to talk about Disciple and put some changes into the config files.

What we did:
  • Fist of Jin
    • Reduced the 'internal cooldown' to 0.5s (from 1s)
    • To compensate this change we reduced the healing to 3 for yourself, and 6 for your party
    • We also switched around the healing. Before the skill would heal yourself more than it would heal your party
    • The thought process behind this was to make it so you always need to be hitting the person in the face to get the same amount of healing. It makes the passive skill more 'skillful'
  • Meditate
    • Increase cooldown to 90s (from 60s)
    • Disciple runs out of mana constantly but Meditate just makes it so you don't really need to worry about it (due to the 'spammability' of a sustain skill)
  • Seikuken
    • Increase cooldown to 30s (from 23s)
    • You are invincible to melee hits and now that you no longer are stunned during the duration you can pump out the damage while being practically untouchable.
  • Chakra
    • Increase cooldown to 15s (from 11s)
    • A decent AOE heal and AOE debuff is too strong on an 11s cooldown.
  • Forcepush
    • Remove intterupt
    • The skill is there to push someone away, get them out of the fight. People just use the skill as an interrupt in situations where they don't actually go anywhere when pushed. If the skill is used properly it is an 'interrupt' because you are pushing someone away from the fight.
[USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] do you agree with what we did? Objections? Any of this can be easily changed.

Edit: I am a big derp and said 'Fee' in the thread title instead of 'Few'

Balance Team's Concerns/Objections
  • Be careful for how well Fist of Jin is going to stack with multiple Disciples
  • Chakra may need a longer cooldown than 15s
  • Seikuken may need a longer cooldown than 30s

Last edited:

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Looks, pretty good. an passive group heal of 12 per second seems like it might be to high, compared especially since it does not cost mana.
Compared to the best AOE heal this could heal for 720 per minute while still self healing and dealing damage, compared to Clerics Divine Blessing which could heal 920 at the cost of 960 mana and some heavy downtime.

All in all it will most likely not make a major impact on small group combat but I fear a group with multiple disciples will be able to crank out extremely high free sustain.

Think a group with 3 disciples just left clicking could sustain 30 damage per second. Mix in Chakra and the rest of their skills and it may become a problem.

All things to be tested with at least 5 people.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Looks, pretty good. an passive group heal of 12 per second seems like it might be to high, compared especially since it does not cost mana.
Compared to the best AOE heal this could heal for 720 per minute while still self healing and dealing damage, compared to Clerics Divine Blessing which could heal 920 at the cost of 960 mana and some heavy downtime.

All in all it will most likely not make a major impact on small group combat but I fear a group with multiple disciples will be able to crank out extremely high free sustain.

Think a group with 3 disciples just left clicking could sustain 30 damage per second. Mix in Chakra and the rest of their skills and it may become a problem.

All things to be tested with at least 5 people.
You also need to remember that the Disciple(s) are going to need to be constantly hitting someone to get the full affect. When before you would miss a hit but not miss any healing. I know from experience that it is fairly hard to hit someone every 0.5s for a good amount of time. The better you are at melee'ing and left clicking the better Fist of Jin will be

Glacial_Reign

Portal
I feel that chakra needs a bit longer of a cd. A debuff and a heal Something like that needs be less spammy

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah, I know with KB effects it's easy to get out of melee range, but still lets keep a close eye on the sustain in medium group fight scenarios and or multiple disciples.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I'll be editing the main post to include the things that the Balance Team is concerned about/objects so that it'll be easier to quickly address the problems

@Kainzo could you correct my typo in the thread title?

Ruger392

Obsidian
Chakra should have a 30 second cooldown, mana problems seem to be fix so not lets have quick heals with good mana

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Chakra should have a 30 second cooldown, mana problems seem to be fix so not lets have quick heals with good mana
Its a strong skill but it doesn't deserve that long of a cooldown. With this long of a cooldown you practically ruin its group fighting capabilities.

Ruger392

Obsidian
What you listed was decreasing most of the classes cooldowns, while making the "lots" of mana a perfect amount. the cooldown does need to be 30 seconds otherwise disciple will just be even more overpowered, kiting with the same chakra but with faster cooldowns

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
What you listed was decreasing most of the classes cooldowns, while making the "lots" of mana a perfect amount. the cooldown does need to be 30 seconds otherwise disciple will just be even more overpowered, kiting with the same chakra but with faster cooldowns
Dude, did you even read the post? Or even look at Disciple's cooldowns? The only cooldown that was decreased was Fist of Jin's internal cooldown but that was made up by reducing the healing. No mana costs were touched and Meditate was nerfed.
Here's what I've suggested (cooldown wise)
  • Increase the Chakra cooldown by 4s (11s -> 15s)
  • Increase the Meditate cooldown by 30s (60s -> 90s)
  • Increase the Seikuken cooldown by 7s (23s -> 30s)
  • Descrease the Fist of Jin internal cooldown by 0.5s (1s -> 0.5s)

Ruger392

Obsidian
Dude, did you even read the post? Or even look at Disciple's cooldowns? The only cooldown that was decreased was Fist of Jin's internal cooldown but that was made up by reducing the healing. No mana costs were touched and Meditate was nerfed.
Here's what I've suggested (cooldown wise)
  • Increase the Chakra cooldown by 4s (11s -> 15s)
  • Increase the Meditate cooldown by 30s (60s -> 90s)
  • Increase the Seikuken cooldown by 7s (23s -> 30s)
  • Descrease the Fist of Jin internal cooldown by 0.5s (1s -> 0.5s)
Not trying to start anything but either im out of my mind or you edited something lol I could of sworn every thing was decrease execpt for meditate but SEeing as you increased it now its lovely but chakra still needs a higher cooldown than 15 seconds

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Not trying to start anything but either im out of my mind or you edited something lol I could of sworn every thing was decrease execpt for meditate but SEeing as you increased it now its lovely but chakra still needs a higher cooldown than 15 seconds
I have not edited anything on the main post for almost 4 hours

Ruger392

Obsidian
Sorry kinda out of whack today broke my sleep schedule but do you think chakra should have a higher cd ?

Avoir

Obsidian
Sorry kinda out of whack today broke my sleep schedule but do you think chakra should have a higher cd ?

Charka is now 15 seconds instead of 11, I think if you increase the CD even more it would be very un useful just because of the low healing it does.

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
It's an instant aoe heal and debuff it'll never be useless.

I say put a 20s cd on it. It becomes less spamable and the disciple will actually havta know when to use it correctly
I say we stick with 15 and play test the class with all the suggested changes. It's not smart to do such drastic changes all at once. If it still feels too powerful after play testing, THEN you can think about nerfing it further.

Last edited: