• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion A couple of suggestions for the paladin

codec1

Legacy Supporter 3
Hey :D , the paladin class is a really solid class that can stand toe to toe with almost every class (imo) if you play it smart. But there are a a couple of things that i think could be improved upon to balance out the class and remove its most frustrating aspects. First ill state the frustrations ive personally had as a paladin and then the solutions that i personally think would balance things out.

-Frustrations-

The main issue i have with paladin is that almost anyone can run away and reset a fight indefinitely. 60% of my time fighting ppl involves chasing them down and dealing with them resetting the fight. I'm sure they feel its a "smart" tactic but in in all honesty its just putting us back at the beginning point and wasting time. Nothing more irritating than pounding some guy to an inch of his life to have him run off and have the same thing happen again... over.. and over... and oovveerr. I used to use an extended poision pot to stop that problem but with them being unusable thats not an option and i dont think it should have to be.

My secondary issue is mana shield. Its an awesome skill imo (although anytime i say that ppl say its crap or its broken XD) but it costs too much per hit considering it doesnt reduce dmg for every hit. last time i checked it was taking 10%ish mana per hit which is obviously a nono vs anything with a melee dependent around it. As it is it can really only be used in 1 v 1 vs a caster (unless you have a deathwish ofc :p) .

-Solutions-

1. Soulfire: I think soulfire needs a percentage buff because 7% just isnt enough. Ive been in long 1 v 1s and had it not proc despite the considerable amount of hits im throwing out at 5 dmg a swing. 15% would imo be a good enough buff so that its a somewhat reliable skill as its the only skill we have that can stop someone from resetting a fight. i was originally thinking 20% but thatd be kinda op considering the sheer amount of hits it takes to defeat someone as a pally. Either way i think it really needs a buff as itd reduce the amount of running away people do but not make it impossible.

2. Mana shield: 5% per hit would make it usable in most situations especially with our upcoming skill shield reflect. It would actually give people a reason to have it in mind and make use of it tactfully. (imo) Mechanically it works fine as it is now with a good duration (tho itd be nice to be able to turn it on and then turn it off instead of having to wait the full 10 secs). It reduces a fair amount of dmg taken but doesnt do it all the time so its a pretty fair skill all n all with pros and cons.

Otherwise pally is a great class (my personal favorite :p). Thx for giving my thoughts a read.