• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion A bow would be nice....

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
It would be cool if samurai/honor blade could use a bow as a secondary. :cool:
Old Samurai used to, but I don't really think this Samurai needs a ranged attack.
It does pretty damn good melee fighting.

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
True, that's why it would be a secondary, because if a ranger or a class like that camps somewhere it would be extremely hard to get to them before they killed you unless you already unlocked masamune (I mightof spelt that skill wrong)
Old Samurai used to, but I don't really think this Samurai needs a ranged attack.
It does pretty damn good melee fighting.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
True, that's why it would be a secondary, because if a ranger or a class like that camps somewhere it would be extremely hard to get to them before they killed you unless you already unlocked masamune (I mightof spelt that skill wrong)
That's called balance. Every class has a weakness.
Rangers are SUPPOSED to camp and long range you. Get in close and their main weapon (The bow) is weakened (Unless they bow spam with punch 2, then you're fucked)

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
Ah I see. I'm still pretty new to the server. Thanks!
That's called balance. Every class has a weakness.
Rangers are SUPPOSED to camp and long range you. Get in close and their main weapon (The bow) is weakened (Unless they bow spam with punch 2, then you're fucked)

Glacial_Reign

Portal
Old samurai used to use a bow and it only did like 25 dmg and it was never worth using because the dmg.

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
And while we're at it, let's take away a lot of their melee skills and give them some ranged one. An explosive shot would be cool, maybe a grappling hook too. /s

We already have a ranger, plus ninja can use a bow. We really don't need more bow classes. Samurai is a melee based class and it should stay that way.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
And while we're at it, let's take away a lot of their melee skills and give them some ranged one. An explosive shot would be cool, maybe a grappling hook too. /s

We already have a ranger, plus ninja can use a bow. We really don't need more bow classes. Samurai is a melee based class and it should stay that way.
All rogues can use a bow. Only ranger should use it as a weapon. Ninja uses it for grappling (Shurikens are armor piercing, are faster, and a easier to land). Bard & RB shouldn't both. They don't do enough damage.

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
All rogues can use a bow. Only ranger should use it as a weapon. Ninja uses it for grappling (Shurikens are armor piercing, are faster, and a easier to land). Bard & RB shouldn't both. They don't do enough damage.
I'm Bard and I forgot that I even had a bow. It's not practical or useful at all compared to the main focus.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Tactical flaaaaaaame bow!
FIre aspect disc.
The only time I carry a bow is when I'm walking around my town, with high walls a bow is handy to snipe people standing on em. Otherwise it's a complete waste.

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
But what about those times where you're in a pickle. I'm not talking about those dill pickles in a jar, I mean a freshly pickled cucumber.

Actually though what if you're playing a ninja or something and you need to slow someone down but they're outside of melee range?

The answer is: Tactical Flaaaaaaaaaame bow

Edit: Or shurikens, but good luck setting anything on fire with a shuriken

Edit 2: Extremely situational long ranged tnt activator!

Dewyn

Retired Staff

Runeblade doesn't have a bow. But you're right, the only class where it should be your main weapon is ranger.

Also flame bows tend to negate melee hits and bow hits, so that is a bit of a disadvantage.