• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

6-10 abilities per spec

I am currently a crafter planning to spec as an Alchemist and I was wondering if there were any vague ideas as to what the Crafters specs, specifically the Alchemists will be able to do. I hear a good amount of ideas being tossed around for the other classes (maybe not healers?) but I haven't even heard ideas of what the Crafters will have. In a couple levels I'll master Crafter and then will become a level-1 Alchemist. And there will be no reason for me to level up. (sneak doesn't help as a defender; by the time I know there's someone nearby, they've already killed me). I personally can't really imagine what kind of abilities we'll be getting, so I was wondering if someone could provide a bit of a sneak peek? I mean, we've already got diamond tools and can build what most people could build on the last map, but we don't have anything new. Will we be getting anything?

babb1e

Coal
Sneak does help a defender, lets ya get the drop! but you have to be a level 10 to be able to use a cauldron. Other than that though, I honestly don't think that alchemists need much. Maybe Xmute ore/Saplings/wool types for laziness?

Also, maybe a fastgrow ability that doesn't require bonemeal.

Ah. They've changed the level for the cauldron.
How does sneak help? I'm referring to raider entering a town. Normally, I'll be building something and three shorts hits later, I'm dead. But assuming that I see them before they see me, there's still no way I can take them head-on. Sneak is for murdering rogues, not for Alchemists.

Anyway, this is not the direction I want this thread to go, I am waiting for someone official to say what they have planned for Crafter specs, if anything.

babb1e

Coal
Alchemist can also have better armor that rogues if you can manage to craft a bit o' chainmail. with sneak on you wont be able to land as much damage if you manage to sneak up, but you should be able to kill them before they can get you.